Tomb of the Forbidden
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Tomb of the Forbidden has been plunged into a deep freeze by a powerful, mysterious force.
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 3|
|Tomb of the Forbidden|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Forbidden|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Dessenau informed you of a mysterious cold that has plagued the Tomb of the Forbidden. You are to weather the climate and breach the three gates that keep Menetnashte locked up tight. Slay him and look for clues along the way to crack the mystery of the frozen tomb.
- Explore the tomb
- Acquire the first gear
- Breach the first gate
- Explore beyond the first gate
- Slay Aneirin
- Acquire the second gear
- Breach the second gate
- Explore beyond the second gate
- Acquire the key
- Breach the third gate
- Slay Menetnashte
- (Optional) Retrieve the journal +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Retrieve the letter +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Retrieve the wanted poster +20% Bonus.
- (Optionai) Slay Tessa Vanderkliefe +30% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Requires extra player(s) or hireling(s) (mandatory: At two different points in the quest, pairs of levers that have to be pulled simultaneously)
- Traps (random, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- One of which can't be disabled.
- Some doors are trapped and cannot be disarmed, announced with the message "This particular trap will detonate when struck with significant force." Unlocking these doors instead of bashing them down will prevent the traps from going off.
- Two hidden doors
Tips and Misc
- Journal can be collected from the ground, as well as the letter.
- To open the first gate, you must pass the Red Gear through the bars.
- To open the arrow gate, you need to shoot the skull on the ceiling (dungeon master points out "arrow" [tiny blue arrow] symbol pointing up).
- Fire spells are a must-have. Cold protection and resistance is welcome.
- You must split up your party twice, to pull levers simultaneously. On those occasions the doors deeper into the quest will open after you kill everything that spawns.
- The pair of levers to the first gate are visible above it, accessed via stairs to the sides. The pair of levers to the second gate are not visible, accessed via side passages that wind down on either side.
- Can be done with a hireling/pet:
- Go to one lever, begin to pull it then back away to interrupt the action. There is an unlocking "click" on these levers (from using the gear) that you hear instantly when you first use the lever... then lever is actually "pulled". You need to unlock the lever and then immediately move (to interrupt the action, so you do not pull it all the way down) for the hireling.
- Order the hireling to stay near that lever then go to the other lever.
- Highlight the hireling's lever, command the hireling to pull the lever and as soon as you see or hear the hireling's lever move, pull your lever.
- Kill the monsters that spawned on your side, wait for the other door to open, kill the monsters that spawned on the hireling's side and then you can proceed further. The monsters for the second gate spawn slowly - don't hurry back to the gate, make sure you kill them all!
- The doors open with time; unfortunately, it can be a fairly long time, over 2 minutes - be patient! Possibly a quest mechanic to prevent an un-winable condition if the party members behind the gate are defeated.
- In the first shrine room there is an arrow pointing up to a skull on the ceiling with the same arrow symbol. You need to hit the skull with a ranged weapon to proceed.
- The door to the southwest chest requires a Strength check to bash down (DC = ?, 19 Fail, 21 Success). Hirelings may be used for this task if they decide to attack through the door. A fireball or Rogue Mechanic's Time Bomb will also work.
- The final room (to the northwest) requires a jump down, and has no return (except via Dimension Door, etc.) - use the shrine if you need to before this point.
- The boss will spawn when you try to open the right-hand chest (and both will be locked until he is defeated).
- Aggression bonus: 72 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 93 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 115 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- NPC rewards: Random item