Tomb of the Blighted
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 3|
|Tomb of the Blighted|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Blighted|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Cleanse three fountains and then kill the mummy guardian
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Locate the missing Silver Flame soldier
- Locate the source of the stench
- Find the source of the East waterfall
- Dispel the East fountain's corruption
- Find the source of the North waterfall
- Dispel the North fountain's corruption
- Find the source of the West waterfall
- Dispel the West fountain's corruption
- Defeat Odji
- (Optional) Cleanse the urns of blight — Bonus (30%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay forty blighted oozes — Bonus (20%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Root walls require strength to break. On Elite 14 worked, 12 did not.
Tips and Misc
This quest is very linear; work your way around to the three blighted fountains, kill what is infecting them, and then return to the center room and kill Odji, the boss mummy.
- Blight Rot is a special effect that causes -1 damage to Strength, Constitution, Wisdom, and Charisma, and slows your character's movement and attack speeds by 50% every 15 seconds. It's caused by stepping into infected water, and cured only by stepping into purified/blessed water (see next)'. Bring lots of Lesser Restore potions!
- Except for the first fountain, all water is "blighted", i.e. infected, and there's a lot of it. Bring your best Mario skills to jump onto small stepping stones (or crates) to avoid the blighted water. Good luck! (If you do, see the cure, below)
- The root walls must be broken down with melee attacks. After the first several leading to the fountain, they must first be purified by throwing the "blessed water" at them.
- There is a special pouch which creates 10 blessed waters, found in the north passage past the body, so go there first. Refill them at any purified fountain. You can carry up to ten vials at a time.
- The one pouch used to fill vials can be traded among players so everyone can have vials in their inventory. It may take more than 10 vials to reach the next fountain with all characters uninfected.
- The first fountain is pure. Other fountains are blighted until whatever is infecting them is killed. All other water in hallways is always blighted.
- If someone is infected with blight, throw the vial at the ground (it creates a small, temporary, blue pool) and let that person walk through it to cure them - or step into the waters surrounding a cleansed fountain.
- The vials can also be thrown at the various blight monsters to inflict damage (generally 60-80 points).
- Bug: Equipping the Flasks of blessed water may cause bows and crossbows to cease doing damage to anything until you change ammo types and shoot at something.
- Root walls are broken by throwing a vial at them to cleanse them and make them vulnerable to attack.
- If you aim at the bottom of a vine wall, you can use 1 vial to both weaken it and create a pool of blessed water to step into.
- There are many blighted oozes in this quest.
- Be sure to bring plenty of expendable weapons, as weapons will break often - or use Muckbane or Everbright weapons.
- Piercing, Slashing or Electric damage from any spell or weapon will split the blight oozes into violet slimes, which you can kill much easier with fire spells (Blight Oozes are otherwise extremely tough and also immune to fire). On elite difficulty, the violet slimes have far fewer hit points than the blight oozes, so it will be preferable to split the blight ooze and kill the significantly weaker violet ones.
- Bug: Blight oozes don't split into violet slimes on casual and normal difficulty.
- Ooze puppet is a useful spell to control blight oozes at times.
- Breaking the sarcophagi will spawn Blight Zombies that are replaced with one of a variety of skeleton monsters when killed. Those skeletons can often be more dangerous than the original zombie.
- Sarcophagi often break when you approach them; it may be worthwhile to range them and kill the occupants one by one.
- The urns that can be cleansed by throwing a vial at them as an optional are generally in the various alcoves and small side passages shown on the map.
- There is one locked chest in the dungeon that requires a key. The key is located between the west fountain and the northwest corner of the map by swimming through an underwater eastbound passageway located under the flooded room you must cross by jumping across crates. The water is obviously Blighted, so be ready to cure whoever makes the swim.
- The end boss can be treated as any other mummy and spawns alone.
- The water in this room is purified.
- Do not leave the quest while blighted. The blight remains outside the quest, and the only two ways to cure the blight is with the blessed water or by death.
- You will have to repeat the quest in order to get access to some blessed water again, which could be a pain. Remember, if you re-enter to cure the blight, you must re-complete the quest to stay flagged for the Cursed Crypt.
- Dieing in a tavern will avoid equipment damage, and using /death is faster than waiting for the blight to kill you.
- Aggression bonus: 89 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 126 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 46 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 74 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Getting conquest requires killing a few respawning oozes. They will also be required to complete the optional, as there are only about 15 oozes total, of which about 5 respawn. Getting Ransack requires ranging coffins enough in advance that they don't explode as you get near.
- Chests: 3
- 1 in the Northeast corner, opened only by the key underwater in the West-Northwest room (with the floating crates)
- 1 in the North alcove
- 1 at the end for killing Odji (Mummy)
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Blight Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Blight Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Blighted Friar (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Blighted Magus (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Blighted Scrapper (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Blighted Soldier (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Blight Guardian (view)||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Gelatinous Cube (view)||Ooze||Gelatinous Cube|
|Violet Slime (view)||Ooze||Violet Slime|
|Wood Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|