Tomb of the Unhallowed
The Tomb of the Unhallowed is a junction point between Necropolis and Dolurrh, the plane of the dead.
"Dolurrh must become coterminous with the tomb to bring forth Amahte. This can be achieved by attuning the four altars found within. When an altar is attuned to the plane of Dolurrh, one of its guardians comes forth to protect the portal." — Dungeon Master
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 3|
|Tomb of the Unhallowed|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Unhallowed|
|Bestowed by:||Lady Vienne|
|NPC contact:||Lady Vienne|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Lady Vienne has informed you that you must bring the plane of death, Dolurrh, to Necropolis in order to summon the Tomb of the Unhallowed guardian, Amahte. You will need to attune the four altars scattered throughout the tomb to enable the plane to be coterminous with the tomb.
- Explore the north corridor
- Attune the North Altar
- Find the first guardian
- Slay Guardian Brack
- Explore the east corridor
- Attune the East Altar
- Find the second guardian
- Slay Guardian Muertasmo
- Explore the south corridor
- Attune the South Altar
- Find the third guardian
- Slay Guardian Callum
- Explore the west corridor
- Attune the West Altar
- Find the fourth guardian
- Slay Guardian Alazraki
- Summon Amahte
- Slay Amahte
- (Optional) Slay the Eternal Wizards — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the Zombies — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the Gloaming Spirits — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the Undying Goetics — Bonus (25%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Trap protecting chest behind secret door.
- Spikes on the floor
Tips and Misc
- Can be soloed, though a high STR may be needed to bash down some doors; Open Lock / Knock will also open doors.
- Disruption weapons are very useful.
Walkthrough (thanks in large part to)
The layout of this tomb is a large diamond, with an altar set at the end of each point. The doors of each hall only open when you kill everything in the hallway, so no running to the ends. You can only travel in one direction, and follow the doors as they open, starting north and working clockwise. Watch out for blade and spike traps while you are on the move.
As you enter, most of the fighting is against cultists and other living enemies. When you reach the end of the first hall, you must activate the altar. Activating this altar begins the process of bringing the temple into coterminous existence with the plane of Dolurrh. Layman's translation: you are turning it into a place the undead like to hang out. As you might expect, the halls are suddenly flooded with undead. Luckily the undead are no friends to the surviving cultists. Continue on, fighting your way back down the hall.
Clearing out hallways will continue to open up doors. This will effectively shuttle you in the correct direction. About halfway through will see you to a shrine. One early secret passage will lead to a bedchamber with a locked tablestand style chest. It is not trapped.
After you clear all four halls and activate the four shrines, it is time to head in to the center of the tomb. The doors slam shut behind you, and you are trapped in the room with the mummy and several of his undead, skeletal guards. There are many archers up above which will snipe you from a high position.
- Aggression bonus: 134 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 175 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 57 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 70 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4 guardian chests and 1 end mummy chest
- Collectables: 6
- Bookshelf in the hall North of the entrance
- Bookshelf in the hall to the North altar
- Crude Altar in the hall to the East altar
- Bookshelf in the secret room at the East altar
- Crude Altar in the South-west room
- Bookshelf in the hall to the West altar
- NPC rewards: Random item