Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The Unquiet Graves
|The Unquiet Graves is the 2nd quest in the Menace of the Underdark: The Darkening story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Battle for Eveningstar.|
|Impossible Demands • The Unquiet Graves • The Lost Thread • The Battle for Eveningstar|
The ruthless Drow necromancers of House Szind transform the dead into new armies. To them a graveyard is a source of raw materials, not a sacred site.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|The Unquiet Graves|
|Epic XP:||♣6,650Solo/Casual ♦11,457Normal ♥11,829Hard ♠12,201Elite|
|Takes place in:||Deep Glen Graveyard|
|Bestowed by:||Barana Talmere|
|NPC contact:||Barana Talmere|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Drow necromancers have infiltrated a nearby cemetery and are using as a base for making their vile creations. Go to the Deep Glen Graveyard in the King's Forest and destroy the necromancers.
- To reach the graveyard, either:
- take the left fork out of Eveningstar and follow the road. Turn west if you come to a river.
- or, if you have access to the Forward Outpost, it can be a little faster to teleport there and then follow the road leading west out of the camp, right at the first fork, then west after you cross the river, following the next road west to the village and the quest.
- or, again from the Forward Outpost, if you know the lay of the land you can go cross-country west and a little north.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Investigate the Abandoned Village
- Find and defeat the Dark Incanters (3 Total)
Tips and Misc
The quest and map are simple; kill the 3 red-named mini-boss "Incanters" (technically one, plus two more undead versions of himself), one each in the northwest, north, and northeast. They will be supported by other casters, and some melee and ranged trash.
- Death Ward is critical in this quest, as the Incanters and other necromancers will level drain or zap you dead even on Normal difficulty.
- There are a variety of drow: warriors, archers, and necromancers. Kill the necromancers first because they can raise the others. If there are two or more necromancers, get one down to about 5%, move to the next, and repeat. Then circle back around and knock them off as quick as possible. This way you can minimize the amount of time that they can be raised by another, living, necromancer. Fear not if you miss one or two or all of them, for once they're raised and destroyed, they cannot be raised again.
- Be warned; The Incanter is also a necromancer, and can also be raised by the other necromancers. However, killing the undead version does not count towards the total you need to kill.
- There are several areas of respawning drow, including standard necromancers. The standard necromancers can still raise the red named incanters, creating a red named undead. If you cannot kill them as fast as they respawn, then you may be overwhelmed. Try pulling back to an area (such as the town area near the shrine where you met the first incanter) that has no respawns to deal with the mobs. The red incanters have a limited range, and will snap back to their main locations if you take them too far.
- After the graveyard fight, you can move deeper into the graveyard and leap the fence to get to the only shrine there for recharging for the final fight. Killing the final incanter completes the quest, so slay all others if you're going for Conquest before ending the last incanter.
The quest's title might be a reference to the very last sentence from the novel "Wuthering Heights" written by Emily Brontë.
- Discreet bonus: (normal) 8 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.( ♣-0 ♦-0 ♥-0 ♠-0 )
- Aggression bonus: (normal) 28 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣-0 ♦-0 ♥-0 ♠-0 )
- Chests: 1 End Chest. Can drop commendations.
- Collectables: 3
- Adventurer's Pack (north west)
- Bones (north)
- Adventurer's Pack (north east)
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
Named Chest Drop
||Pale Rod (edit)||Club||
||20||Bound to Character on EquipBound to Character on Equip: This item is Bound to Character on Equip or Bound to Character on AcquireBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire||The Unquiet Graves, End Chest ; Menace of the Underdark: The Darkening, Quest chain end reward|
||Grave Wrappings (edit)||Handwrap||
||20||Bound to Character on EquipBound to Character on Equip: This item is Bound to Character on Equip or Bound to Character on AcquireBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire||The Unquiet Graves, End chest ;|
Menace of the Underdark: The Darkening, Quest chain end reward
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Dark Incanter ( view • edit )||●♦2Epic Normal ●♥26Epic Hard ●♠26Epic Elite||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Archer ( view • edit )||♥19Hard ♠23Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥26Epic Hard ●♠26Epic Elite||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Necromancer (Forgotten Realms) ( view • edit )||●♦22Epic Normal ●♥26Epic Hard ●♠42Epic Elite||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior ( view • edit )||♥19Hard ♠25Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard ●♠25Epic Elite||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Zombie ( view • edit )||●♦Archer: 17, Melee: 18Epic Normal ●♥22Epic Hard ●♠22Epic Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Raised Dragon Knight ( view • edit )||●♥28Epic Hard ●♠37Epic Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Skeletal Puppet ( view • edit )||●♦17Epic Normal ●♥22Epic Hard ●♠36Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Slain Villager ( view • edit )||●♦17Epic Normal ●♥20Epic Hard ●♠33Epic Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Necromancer ( view • edit )||●♦23Epic Normal ●♥27Epic Hard ●♠26Epic Elite||Undead||Zombie|
- Menace of the Underdark: The Darkening chain quests
- Menace of the Underdark quests
- Epic quests
- Medium quests
- Deep Glen Graveyard quests
- Eveningstar quests
- Purple Dragon Knights patron quests
- Pay to Play quests
- Quests with no traps
- Quests by name
- Compendium:Level 21 quests
- Level 21 quests
- Quests with 7 base favor reward
- Quests with maps
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Epic quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Menace of the Underdark quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 7 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 21 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Eveningstar quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > Purple Dragon Knights patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > Menace of the Underdark: The Darkening chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Deep Glen Graveyard quests