The Unquiet Graves
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The ruthless Drow necromancers of House Szind transform the dead into new armies. To them a graveyard is a source of raw materials, not a sacred site.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|The Unquiet Graves|
|Takes place in:||Deep Glen Graveyard|
|Bestowed by:||Barana Talmere|
|NPC contact:||Barana Talmere|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Drow necromancers have infiltrated a nearby cemetery and are using as a base for making their vile creations. Go to the Deep Glen Graveyard in the King's Forest and destroy the necromancers.
- To reach the graveyard, either:
- take the left fork out of Eveningstar and follow the road. Turn west if you come to a river.
- or, if you have access to the Forward Outpost (and know the lay of the land), it can be a little faster to teleport there and then head west and a little north.
- This is part of the The Darkening story arc. You must complete it, Impossible Demands, and The Lost Thread (in any order) to enable access to The Battle for Eveningstar.
- Investigate the Abandoned Village
- Find and defeat the Dark Incanters (3 Total)
Tips and Misc
Death Ward is critical in this quest, as the Incanters and other necromancers will level drain or zap you dead even on Normal difficulty.
There are a variety of drow: warriors, archers, and necromancers. Kill the necromancers first because they can raise the others. If there are two or more necromancers, get one down to about 5%, move to the next, and repeat. Then circle back around and knock them off as quick as possible. This way you can minimize the amount of time that they can be raised by another, living, necromancer. Fear not if you miss one or two or all of them, for once they're raised and destroyed, they cannot be raised again.
Be warned; The incanter is also a necromancer, and can also be raised by the other necromancers. However, killing the undead version does not count towards the total you need to kill.
There are several areas of respawning drow, including standard necromancers. The standard necromancers can still raise the red named incanters, creating a red named undead. If you cannot kill them as fast as they respawn, then you may be overwhelmed. Try pulling back to an area (such as the town area near the shrine where you met the first incanter) that has no respawns to deal with the mobs. The red incanters have a limited range, and will snap back to their main locations if you take them too far.
After the graveyard fight, you can move deeper into the graveyard and leap the fence to get to the only shrine there for recharging for the final fight. Killing the final incanter completes the quest, so slay all others if you're going for Conquest before ending the last incanter.
- Discreet bonus: (normal) 8 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: (normal) 28 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 1 End Chest. Can drop commendations.
- Collectables: 3
- Adventurer's Pack
- Adventurer's Pack
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
Named Chest Drop
- Grave Wrappings - Handwraps: +6, , Soul Eating, Improved Destruction, Stunning +10, Taint of Evil [ML:20,BtCoE] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
- Pale Rod - Club: 2[1d6], +6, +18 Universal Spell Power, Nullification, Superior Void Lore, Improved Light Resistance [ML:20,BtCoE] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
|Dark Incanter (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Necromancer (Forgotten Realms) (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Skeletal Puppet (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Slain Villager (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Necromancer (view)||Undead||Zombie|