Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Many farmhouses have been ransacked by the Drow - there have been no survivors.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|Takes place in:||Midler Farmhouse|
|Bestowed by:||Helena Falagon|
|NPC contact:||Helena Falagon|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Drow have captured a farm house on the outskirts of the King's Forest and are holding its inhabitants hostage. Go to the Midler Farmstead and see what can be done. The Farmstead lies just west of Eveningstar in the King's Forest.
- This is part of the The Darkening story arc. You must complete it, The Unquiet Graves, and The Lost Thread (in any order) to enable access to The Battle for Eveningstar.
- Talk to Priestess Vicala Szind
- Defeat Priestess Vicala Szind
- (Optional) Save a hostage (+5% Bonus)
- (Optional) Save more hostages (+16% Bonus)
- (Optional) Save all the hostages (+16% Bonus)
- (Optional) Defeat Warleader Speitar (+16% Bonus)
- (Optional) Defeat the spider Akorstra (+16% Bonus)
- (Optional) Save all hostages without being spotted by the Priestess (+40% Bonus)
- Spell wards (fire)
Tips and Misc
- The first fight (usually) consists of not quite defeating Vicala. She then escapes, and begins patrolling a circuit around the house. You must then find her (after any optionals) and kill her once and for all.
- If Vicala is low on hit points, she "sacrifices" a nearby prisoner and regains full health. Vicala cannot generally be slain if there are any live prisoners nearby for her to sacrifice.
- With sufficient DPS (especially on lower difficulties), one may be able to slay the Priestess in the front room before she sacrifices the hostage.
- Vicala's patrol pattern starts from the main inner hall, near the entrance, either north up the inner stairs and around to the outer stairs (SW corner, where you walk up from the quest entrance), or else down to the basement (NE corner). Either way, she then patrols a path from the top of the outer stairs, down the inner stairs, down the basement stairs, and back again. If she discovers you and you run back to the main outer hall, she closes the inner hall doors and returns to the pattern.
- On Casual and Normal difficulties, the Priestess will appear on your map as a red box. On Hard and Elite you must rely on the "nearby sound" warnings, making the final optional (and the bonus chest) painstakingly difficult and irritating to attain, but not impossible.
- A patient player can determine the time it takes for the Priestess to leave and return to a specific point between rooms. That gives a window of time to kill enemies, disable traps, and rescue prisoners.
- You can free hostages by killing their guards and talking to them.
- Once you tell a hostage to flee, it will attempt to escape from the front door using the closest stairs.
- Fleeing hostages spotted by the priestess will fail that optional objective, as well as causing the hostage to die and the priestess to gain her powerup.
- The easiest hostages to rescue are in the upper room closest to the outer stairs (SW corner) as it takes the Priestess almost 2 minutes to complete a walk cycle.
- Likewise, timing the Priestess's walk away from the basement and back should give ample time to tell the basement hostages to escape.
- Timing is most crucial for the last hostages in the upper rooms (NW corner). They try to escape by the inner stairs, which puts them in the Priestess's path. Clear all enemies below that path first (this is also needed to clear a path for the basement and main room hostages). Then time the Priestess's walk from when she passes the room to when she stops and turns at the outer stairs. You'll have that much time to tell the hostages to escape.
- Don't let any hireling, summons or party member get in the path of an escaping hostage! That might bug their escape and cause these optionals to fail as you cannot speak to them again to leave--and the Priestess will still sacrifice them.
- The Priestess will not notice players in the upper rooms if they stay away from the doors.
- With Update 20, you cannot complete the hostage rescues once the priestess is slain.
- Speitar can be found in the western room.
- Akorstra can be found through a secret door in the NW room.
- The quest (without optionals) can be completed in under 5 minutes by heading for the SW room after the initial battle, freeing the hostages, and waiting in the hall for Vicala to come to you.
- Devious bonus: 1 or fewer monster killed +7% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 35 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 10 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 for killing Speitar
- 1 for killing Akorstra
- 1 end chest
- 1 for completing the objective, "Save all hostages without being spotted by the Priestess" at end (can drop Commendations, Villagers being the most prevalent)
- Collectables: Two
- Cabinet in the south room on the upper floor
- Adventurer's Pack in the attic, in a corner beyond the dropdown
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
Named Chest Drop
||20||or||Impossible Demands, End Chest ; |
Menace of the Underdark: The Darkening, Quest chain end reward
|Drow Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior (NoPic)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Wizard (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Speitar Dun'Robar (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Vicala Szind (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|