Sor'jek Incanni (lich)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Boss: Purple Named - Powerful Boss
- Greatsword (Slashing) - Very slow melee attack which causes knockback, like all giants. ~30-60 damage per swing.
- He performs doublestrikes with every swing
- Spellcasting - See below
- DR: Bludgeon + Magic /
- 100% fortification (but can still be crit/sneak attacked by using various effects which lower fortification)
- Low Fort save (Disintegrate works well), moderate reflex save (Fireball works well), high will save.
- Immune to Lightning and Cold damage
- See Invisibility
- Various buffs based on his mephits - See below
Habitat: Stealer of Souls
- Call Lightning Storm like effect (Deals significant constant AoE damage at random intervals, Reflex save, carry Pro-Lightning pots or wear a electric absorption item)
- Chain Lightning
- Stunning effect in melee range (Fortitude save; Light Monk finishing move Grasp the Earth Dragon negates)
- Paralyzing Touch (Freedom of Movement negates, recovered only by Remove Paralysis, neither Panacea nor Heal will suffice)
- Force Missiles
- Horrid Wilting (areal evaporation damage, halved by Fortitude save)
- Enervation (Death Ward negates)
- Waves of Exhaustion
- Flesh to Stone (on elite settings only; arcanes must carry Stone to Flesh scrolls!)
- He gains additional abilities as he summons mephits
- Sorjek's Ritual of Protection: Spirit of Lamannia - DR /Epic
- Sorjek's Freezing Shield: Spirit of Risia - very strong cold version Fire Shield, ~50-70 damage/swing, greater cold resists won't cut all the damage
- Sorjek's Regeneration: Spirit of Fernia - Significant Health regeneration
- Sorjek's Speed of Wind: Spirit of Syrania - Haste
- Concealment fog effect for entire room (note that True Seeing has nothing to do with this) however this effect expires after a short time and he generally won't recast it. It causes:
- Movement speed reduction
- Fear aura effect (Greater Heroism or will save negates)
- Greater Undead Bane blunt weapon (best with decent prefix, like Holy, Anarchic, Flaming, Acid, although ones lacking a prefix will suffice)
- Blunt Greensteel (any with holy/fire/acid damage should do fine)
- Triple Positive (Holy/Good Burst/Good Blast/Greater Disruption) weapons are by far the highest dps for him.
Note that there are no Greater Bane weapons for mephits, as they are Neutral Outsiders and neither Elementals nor Magical Beasts.
- Sor'jek can be moderately effectively surrounded and kept in one place by 4 or more durable (500+ hp) characters. He can force his way out via knockback attacks, but doesn't do so often.
- While locked in one general area, persistent AoE damage spells like Firewall are quite effective.
- They can be equally effective when soloing by simply circling him, or in a group by simply holding agro. He will not pursue his target, he has caster AI and thus will simply lob spells at ranged attackers.
- Many groups assign one (or more) players to kill all mephits on sight while the rest damage Sor'jek and try to hold him in place. However, the Syriana mephit can be completely ignored if desired.
- Mephit spawn rates seem to increase over time, but only one of each specific mephit will be active at one time.