Snowpeaks Festival is a winter event introduced in January 2021 (Update 48 Patch 3). Defeat new champion, collect coins, and turn them in for icy rewards.
While the event is active, a new type of Monster Champion, Scourge of the Snowpeaks, can appear in quests (subject to the same rules as regular champions (?), i.e., hard, elite, reaper difficulty). Kill the champion to spawn a white chest. Unlike with other types of monster champions, even regular (not orange) champions spawn a chest. The chest contains 1-X Bronze, Silver, or Gold Snowpeaks Coins. Additionally, it may contain a Frozen Key. White chests from orange champs always (?) contain a key.
All ingredients (coins, keys) are unbound. Frozen Key from the DDO Store is bound to account.
New loot in chests
- Snowpeaks Coins can also sometimes be discovered in chests throughout the game.
- Frozen Keys can also be found in chests throughout the game while the event is active, but at a rarer rate.
While the event is active, there's an NPC in the Halls of Heroes, named Flurry. Talk to Flurry to enter the challenge and turn in coins for rewards.
The Snowpeaks challenge
- Consumes a Frozen Key to enter.
- Slide down a ramp and collect coins.
- There's a chest at the end with more coins.
Reward List - January 2021
- Festive Augment of Charisma (Level 22, Festive +2, Unbound) - 20 100
- Festive Augment of Dexterity (level 22, Festive +2, Unbound) - 20 100
- Ruby of the Snowpeaks (Level 4, adds Freezing Ice and Cold damage, BtA) - 20 100
- Ruby of the Iron Hand (Level 1, adds Cold Iron damage type bypass, BtA) - 20 100
- Festivult Armor - 50
- Festivult Crown - 50
- Festivult Cloak - 50
- Crown of Frost - 50
- Snowman Pet Certificate - 100
- Polar Bear Pet Certificate - 100
- Craftable Trinket (+5) - 50 100
- Random Cookie - 10
- Candy Cane - 1
- Snow Elemental Gem - 10
- Icy Potions of Jumping, Haste, Superior Freeze V, Chill Shield, Feather Fall, Protection from Fire, Resist Fire, and Frostbite - 10
- Gold to Silver (1 for 1)
- Silver to Bronze (1 for 1)
Available in the DDO Store:
- Elixir of Frosty Luck: Drinking this elixir grants your character an additional +5% bonus to the chance of finding Snowpeaks coins and keys from chests you loot. The effect lasts for the next hour that you are logged in and in a quest. (The effect timer pauses while you are in public areas.) Single use.