Quest for the Ancient Daggers
|This page is about a quest that no longer exists in-game. It has been replaced by Heyton's Rest.|
|If you can verify that the quest still exists, please and remove this template.|
Remember that skeletons are vulnerable to blunt weapons, while zombies can be killed by slashing weapons or fire.
|Quest for the Ancient Daggers|
|Takes place in:||Crypt of the Guard|
|Bestowed by:||Lord Gerald Goodblade|
|NPC contact:||Lord Gerald Goodblade|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
This quest used to be non-repeatable, but if you were with a group of friends, you could have only one of you grab the quest at a time and rerun for each player.
- Recover the set of Ancient Daggers
- Destroy three Slain Guardsmen to open the way to the Captain's Crypt
- (Optional) Destroy the Captain of the Guard
- (Optional) Break all the cursed sarcophagi (51 total)
Tips and Misc
The mission takes place in a series of catacombs. Important notes:
- Skeletons are slain with bludgeoning weapons. Zombies are slain with slashing weapons. Spiders, either way.
- The walls are lined with sarcophagi. Each can be hit with a weapon to destroy it. Out might pop a small amount of coin or a skeleton.
- If you go down the left path, you will find a flooded area with a collectable in the middle of it. This is a trap! Stay close to the right wall and it won't hit you. You can, however, carefully move up on the collectable and grab it without setting the trap off.
To solve the quest:
- In three of the corners of the mission, you will find a door. Behind it is a zombie. Slay each, and a rune will glow on the door of the Skeleton Captain. Once all are lit, you can go in.
- You do not have to defeat the Captain to complete the quest. If you are not confident in your combat ability, use stealth to sneak around behind him, loot the chest, and exit out. Even with a poor Move Silently and Hide, any character should be able to do this with ease.
- Chests: 1 that only contains quest item.
- Collectables: Adventurer's Pack (2x)
- NPC rewards: Random