All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
|Ritual Sacrifice is the 3rd quest in The Thirteenth Eclipse story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The first five quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Shroud.|
|Flagging occurs by collecting dedicated items rather than completing these quests.|
|Running with the Devils • Rainbow in the Dark • Ritual Sacrifice • Let Sleeping Dust Lie • The Coalescence Chamber • The Shroud|
The Windlasher gnolls settled into the Twilight Canyons and signed a pact to assist the invading devils.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Heroic XP:||♣4,284Solo/Casual ♦7,433Normal ♥7,726Hard ♠8,020Elite|
|Takes place in:||Twilight Canyon|
|NPC contact:||Lahnden Nacien|
|Quest acquired in:||The Vale of Twilight|
|Purchase:||The Vale of Twilight or VIP|
Venture in to the Twilight Valleys, new home of the Windlasher Gnolls, and seek out any missing members of the Twelve.
- This is a walk-up quest and the reward NPC (Lahnden Nacien) is located in Meridia.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Locate the Twilight Valleys
- Defeat Killerog
- Search for any members of The Twelve
- Open the deeper passages
- Locate the Second Valley
- Open the deepest passages
- Defeat the Devil assault
- Defeat the Orthon, Crean
- Speak to Paetus
- Find the upper levels
- Defeat the Windlasher Mystics
- Find the Infernal Pact
- Meet Paetus at the Mystic's gateway
- Slay the mystics to open the way
- (Failure) Keep Paetus Alive
- Defeat Ramak Orenah
What to Expect
- Trap rooms (fixed)
- Overlapping floors
- Protect an NPC (mandatory)
- Quest failure (if Paetus dies)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- The shrine in the southern (first) valley is on the upper floor. You won't be able to reach it the first time you enter the valley.
- The shrine in the northeast (second) valley is below the ground floor. To reach it, jump down into the water.
- Useful buffs:
- Death Ward
- Paetus is a spellcaster with little in the way of defenses that generates about as much aggro as Coyle Lovell, patron saint of escort mission haters. Before entering the last door for the end-fight, you'll need to buff and babysit him with your healer at all times. Keeping your party's kill team eliminating foes well ahead of him will also limit his ability to kill himself.
- When opening the door where Paetus reappears for the end-fight, have your party enter immediately. Don't linger too close to the door as air elementals appear and may blow you off the floor to land on the first floor, where it will be a long, long run back to the end.
- On subsequent stone and ingredient farming runs, quest failure from letting Paetus die doesn't matter, you can continue to the final fight and get the chest as the quest doesn't automatically recall you on failure.
- Aggression bonus: 161 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣428 ♦743 ♥773 ♠802 )
- Onslaught bonus: 210 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣643 ♦1,115 ♥1,159 ♠1,203 )
- Conquest bonus: 257 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣1,071 ♦1,858 ♥1,932 ♠2,005 )
- Chests: 2
- 1 after defeating the Devil assault
- 1 end chest. Ingredients: Lammanian Lily Petals, Bitterscrub Fungus, Shavarath Stone of Might
- NPC rewards: standard
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Very long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 8 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 16 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Vale of Twilight quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Twelve patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > The Thirteenth Eclipse chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Twilight Canyon quests