|Ritual Sacrifice is the 3rd quest in The Thirteenth Eclipse .|
|The first five quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Shroud.|
|Flagging occurs by collecting dedicated items rather than completing these quests.|
|Running with the Devils • Rainbow in the Dark • Ritual Sacrifice • Let Sleeping Dust Lie • The Coalescence Chamber • The Shroud|
The Windlasher gnolls settled into the Twilight Canyons and signed a pact to assist the invading devils.
|Requires access to : The Vale of Twilight|
|Takes place in:||Twilight Canyon|
|NPC contact:||Lahnden Nacien|
|Quest acquired in:||The Vale of Twilight|
|Purchase:||The Vale of Twilight or VIP|
Venture in to the Twilight Valleys, new home of the Windlasher Gnolls, and seek out any missing members of the Twelve.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Locate the Twilight Valleys
- Defeat Killerog
- Search for any members of The Twelve
- Open the deeper passages
- Locate the Second Valley
- Open the deepest passages
- Defeat the Devil assault
- Defeat the Orthon, Crean
- Speak to Paetus
- Find the upper levels
- Defeat the Windlasher Mystics
- Find the Infernal Pact
- Meet Paetus at the Mystic's gateway
- Slay the mystics to open the way
- (Failure) Keep Paetus Alive
- Defeat Ramak Orenah
What to Expect
- Trap rooms (fixed)
- Overlapping floors
- Protect an NPC (mandatory)
- Quest failure (if Paetus dies)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- The shrine in the southern (first) valley is on the upper floor. You won't be able to reach it the first time you enter the valley.
- The shrine in the northeast (second) valley is below the ground floor. To reach it, jump down into the water.
- Useful buffs:
- Death Ward
- Paetus is a spellcaster with little in the way of defenses that generates about as much aggro as Coyle Lovell, patron saint of escort mission haters. Before entering the last door for the end-fight, you'll need to buff and babysit him with your healer at all times. Keeping your party's kill team eliminating foes well ahead of him will also limit his ability to kill himself.
- When opening the door where Paetus reappears for the end-fight, have your party enter immediately. Don't linger too close to the door as air elementals appear and may blow you off the floor to land on the first floor, where it will be a long, long run back to the end.
- On subsequent stone and ingredient farming runs, quest failure from letting Paetus die doesn't matter, you can continue to the final fight and get the chest as the quest doesn't automatically recall you on failure.
- Aggression bonus: 161 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 210 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 257 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- NPC rewards: standard