The Keeper's Sanctuary
Burial in the Keeper's Sanctuary is the highest honor available to cult worshippers of the Dark Six.
|Requires access to : Delera's Tomb|
|The Keeper's Sanctuary|
|Takes place in:||Keeper's Sanctuary|
|Bestowed by:||Archin Muriose|
|NPC contact:||Archin Muriose|
|Quest acquired in:||Drowning Sorrows Tavern|
|Free to Play:||No|
Archin has recently discovered that ancient scrolls containing rituals used by monks and priests dedicated to the Keeper may still be within the Keeper's Sanctuary in Delera's Graveyard.
He wants you to obtain these scrolls and return them to him.
The quest entrance is found in Delera's Graveyard, east of the entrance to Thralls of the Necromancer.
- This quest has Haunted Library as a prerequisite.
- Find the arcane scroll of preservation
- Find the arcane scroll of embalming
- Defeat the Dread Wraith
- Defeat the mummy warden, Theodus
- Defeat Annelisa Hdar
- Banish the remains of Saerick Vorculas
- Defeat Saerick Vorculas
- (Optional) Defeat the mummy warden, Omaron — Bonus (9.7%): Heroic
- (Optional) Find the arcane scroll of decay — Bonus (9.7%): Heroic
- (Optional) Acquire Saerick's Journal — Bonus (9.7%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Secret doors (some required) which must be found and opened to continue the quest: Secret Door DCs
- Dart traps in the first room; control panel is on the wall past the traps
- Fire traps in the second room (from the center); control panel is on the north wall past the trap
- Force Trap on the pillar in the room south of the Room of Columns, focused on the bookshelf; control panel is on the west side of the pillar
- Acid trap around chest in west wing behind secret door (location M); control panel is on the pillar to the west
- Spike Trap on stairs leading up to the scroll of decay (location L); control panel is on the far west wall
- Spinning spike traps in the hall past the locked door to the east (on the way to H), by the oozes; control panel is on the north wall
- Dart trap in the room south of the central east room; no control panel (north of location J)
- Fire trap covering Saerick's journal (location K); control panel is on the south wall
- Blade traps in the final hallway (to G) past the blue-key door; no control panels (can be timed)
- Spike traps between the final two chambers; no control panel (can be timed/jumped)
Tips and Misc
- Turn undead is helpful, fire damage and Disable device are helpful.
- Useful buffs: Resist acid and electricity (against Arcane skeletons), Death Ward, Resist Poison (against Cloudkill), Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear (against mummies)
- Most sarcophagi will spawn a skeleton.
- Going west first is the most logical way to go; if you follow the letters on the map, you won't go too far wrong. The blue letters on the map (A-G) are mandatory, while the red letters (H-M) are more optional, leading to extra kills or loot. The optional bits can be done in any order.
- The first room to the west has a curious ambush: If you step in the center, one-way fields will form around you: The spawned undead can get in, but you can't get out (a high enough Jump may allow you to leap over, however).
- Neither mummy warden is actually named, despite the Objectives listing; they're both merely "mummy wardens"
- The dread wraith appears two rooms to the west of center, in the Room of Columns.
- The mummy warden, Theodus, appears to the north (location F).
- Annelisa Hdar is in the first room to the east (location I); you can also pick up and read the Letter to Annelise.
- The mummy warden, Omaren, is at the end of the hall behind the locked door to the east (location H).
- Saerick's Journal is in the northeast room.
- Aggression bonus: 95 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 123 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 152 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 7 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 9 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 11 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 89 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 116 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: In order to get any Breakables bonus, you may need to destroy the sarcophagi *before* you enter areas; automatically destroyed sarcophagi do NOT get counted.
- Chests: 3
- 1 trapped in the west wing (found behind a secret door on the western wall in the west wing)
- 1 behind a locked door in the east wing
- 1 for killing Saerick Vorculas (Mummy, found at the end of the east wing)
- Collectables: Three
- Adventurer's Pack in the room south of the first room to the west (two rooms south of the scroll of embalming)
- Bookshelf in the room south of the Room of Columns; guarded by a force trap
- Bookshelf by Saerick's Journal
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Adamantine Defender ( view • )||Construct||Iron Defender|
|Annelisa Hdar ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Arcane Blackbone ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Black Pudding ( view • )||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Blackbone Knight ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Blackbone Marksman ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Blackbone Thrall ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Crypt Zombie ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Dread Wraith ( view • )||Undead||Wraith|
|Fallow Ghoul ( view • )||Undead||Ghoul|
|Iron Golem ( view • )||Construct||Golem|
|Mummy Warden ( view • )||Undead||Mummy|
|Remains of Saerick ( view • )||Undead||Mummy|
|Saerick Vorculas ( view • )||Undead||Mummy|
|Sanctuary Protector ( view • )||Undead||Wight|
|Spectre ( view • )||Undead||Spectre|
|Thaarak Hound ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|