Name: Archin Muriose
Bestows Quest(s): The Keeper's Sanctuary
Drowning Sorrows Tavern
If you try to talk to him before completing the quest Haunted Library, he will reply:
- Archin Muriose: My master, Menos, requires some aid.
If you are at level 5, and have completed Haunted Library, he will reply:
- Archin Muriose: Yes, there are several scrolls I need delivered to me, but they are buried in a place dangerous enough to take my life, and surely yours.
If you are at level 6 or higher, and have completed Haunted Library, however, he will reply:
- Archin Muriose: You proved quite resourceful with the task Master Xuekaine handed you. I was wondering if you would be willing to undertake another excursion in the name of magical knowledge. This one, however, might involve the desecration of a grave or two.
- You: As long as it is worth my while.
- Archin Muriose: It's come to my attention that before they were forcibly driven from their temple by the zealots of the Silver Flame, the monks and priests of the Keeper's Sanctuary had a collection of scrolls spanning many macabre subjects. As old as these scrolls are, they'd managed to find a way to preserve them well beyond reasonable limits.
- You: How did the Church miss the scrolls?
- Archin Muriose: The Church wasn't terribly concerned with anything that wasn't living while they 'purified' the temple of evil. Ironic, I know. Fortunately for me, the Church missed most of the important texts and scrolls kept there. The priests and monks were evil, not stupid. They didn't keep anything of true value within plain sight.
- You: So you want me to get the scrolls?
- Archin Muriose: I do, as well as any other objects with scientific or arcane value that may have been kept in the Sanctuary. It's been in disuse for the better part of fifty years, so it should be relatively manageable with a few of your companions. Keep in mind that this place is considered sacred.
- You: One scroll or one hundred, it doesn't really matter to me. (Bestow quest)
- Archin Muriose: I almost admire your bravado and your willingness. I may end up liking you after all. You'll find the Keeper's Sancturay in Delera's Graveyard.
Talking to him after acquiring the quest, but before completion, will make him say:
- Archin Muriose: You will need to retrieve my scrolls from the Keeper's Sanctuary in Delera's Graveyard.
On completion of quest, he will congratulate you with the following:
- Archin Muriose: Well, the mighty <class> comes through yet again. You have my gratitude. Menos was correct to trust in you, as usual. Choose your reward.
- You: Good luck to you.
- Archin Muriose: Do come back, <name>. My master and I may require your rather competent assistance again in the future.
After completing the quest and take the reward, if you talk to him again, he will reply:
- Archin Muriose: Once again, you manage to impress. You make it possible for us to spend our time in research instead of searching for these objects ourselves. My master and I are grateful.