|School:||Evocation (Acid) (Death) (Electricity) (Fear) (Fire) (Mind-affecting)|
|Spell Level:||Sor/Wiz 5|
|Spell Point Cost:||25|
|Metamagic:||Empower, Heighten, Maximize, Quicken|
|Target:||Foe, Directional, Breakable|
|Saving Throw:||Various: Reflex save takes half damage; Fortitude save negates Death and Stone effects; Will save negates Fear and Death|
|Cooldown:||4 seconds (Wiz), 2.5 seconds (Sor)|
A shining ray of multicolored light blinds creatures with 8 Hit Die or less for 12 to 48 seconds, and does 1 of 7 harmful effects at random to one target, with a 12.5% of inflicting a second different effect from that 7. These 7 effects are detailed as follows:
- Red Ray: 4*caster level fire damage, a successful Reflex save reduces the damage dealt by half.
- Orange Ray: 5*caster level acid damage, a successful Reflex save reduces the damage dealt by half.
- Yellow Ray: 6*caster level electrical damage, a successful Reflex save reduces the damage dealt by half.
- Green Ray: Instant Death, deals Constitution damage on a successful Fortitude save (Poison effect negated by Poison Immunity).
- Blue Ray: Turns victim to stone permanently, Fortitude save negates.
- Indigo: Victim is stricken with permanent fear status, Will save negates.
- Violet: Sends victim to another plane (Instant Death), Will save negates.
- Spell Resistance does not protect against any of these effects, including the non-damaging ones.
- This spell is random, but interesting. Death effects can be potent.
- Prismatic Ray was nerfed in Update 34 as the two death effects no longer ignore deathblock/death ward. Reception: