Don't Drink the Water
The Eveningstar well has become poisoned. No doubt, the Drow are responsible somehow. Speak Unmar Halberg, the stonemason, in Eveningstar, and he will lower you into the well so that you can investigate.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|Don't Drink the Water|
|Takes place in:||The Eveningstar Well|
|Bestowed by:||Unmar Halberg|
|NPC contact:||Unmar Halberg|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Eveningstar well has become poisoned. No doubt, the drow are responsible somehow. Speak Unmar Halberg, the stonemason, in Eveningstar, and he will lower you into the well so you can investigate."
- To have this bestowed, you need to complete the Battle for Eveningstar.
- Find the poison's source upstream
- Pass the Yuan-ti Barrier
- Pass the second Yuan-ti Barrier
- Pass the third Yuan-ti Barrier
- Discover how the Yuan-ti are poisoning the water
- (Optional) Search the Yuan-ti's secret chest — Bonus (5%): Epic
- (Optional) Heal the Dryad Trees without killing the Dryads — Bonus (7%): Epic
What to Expect
- Point of no return
Tips and Misc
- Buffs: Fire resist for Yuan-ti casters, acid for end fight.
- The Yuan-ti secret chest is in the eastern dead-end section under the waterfall. You must swim through a short underwater passage to find this area. You will swim against the current for a very short segment; a Swim score as low as 2 will be sufficient to advance, however that will take some time - some form of Underwater Action may be advised.
- The chest is guarded by a few Yuan-ti
- The chest is locked Lock DC,
- The healing elixir for the opyional to heal the trees is inside this chest.
- Optional - Heal the Dryad Trees: If you opened the secret chest (above), click the tree roots and use the dialog.
- There are two trees, one by the shrine and one by the second barrier.
- This also causes the hostile dryad to switch sides and fight your enemies instead.
- There are three Yuan-ti barriers. Each is guarded by a boss. You must fight off waves of Yuan-ti (three waves on normal) before the boss fights you.
- The second shrine doesn't spawn until the fight for that last barrier is over. Immediately after this is a drop down and point of no return (without Dimension Door and a long run) - use it or lose it.
- The green pools of liquid are acid. They aren't very big, so it should be easy to avoid them.
- There is a final res shrine after the boss is dead.
- Aggression bonus: 51 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- Collectables: Four
- Adventurer's Pack shortly before the secret chest.
- Bones in a crevice to the east before the Yuan-ti's second barrier
- Adventurer's Pack on a ledge past the second chest on a ledge
- Adventurer's Pack in the southeast corner of Tharmalos' lair
- NPC rewards: NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 8
|Tharmalos (view)||Dragon||Green Dragon|
|Dire Bear (view)||Animal||Bear|
|Fless-onas (NoPic)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Gresl-glis (NoPic)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Saz-sass (NoPic)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Dryad Tree (view)||Fey||Dryad|
|Vine Horror (view)||Plant||Vine Stalker|
|Water Elemental (view)||Elemental||Water Elemental|
|Yuan-ti Abomination (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Yuan-ti Sharp-Eye (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|