The Vault of Night is a Story Arc that begins by speaking with Barrow d'Kundarak in House Kundarak, right next to the entrance to the Vault. The quest comprises six parts and ends with a battle against Velah, the famed red dragon.
The series of Quests in order are typically referred to in game as VoN 1, VoN 2, etc.
Note that in the quests listed below, the Gateway to Khyber and The Jungle of Khyber really go hand in hand and are referred to as VoN 3 together. You must pass through the Gateway to Khyber quest in order to reach the entrance of the The Jungle of Khyber quest.
Likewise, you must pass through The Vault of Night quest to reach Plane of Night; however, these are referred to as VoN 5 and VoN 6 respectively. They are considered separate quests (unlike the two in VoN 3) because nobody just does the Gateway to Khyber, whereas VoN 5 is often farmed for XP without continuing on to VoN 6. At higher levels, it's common to see LFMs up for "VoN 5 normal/VoN 6 Epic" Or "VoN 5 normal/VoN 6 Elite" - 5 normal just to get through quickly, and 6 epic/elite for the superior epic raid loot, or higher chance at raid loot.
As of Update 3, you no longer need to reflag VoN 1-4 to repeat VoN 5/6. Nor do you need to run VoN 1-4 in specific order to flag; they can be done in any order.
 Quests by Favor
 Raid Loot
Named raid loot rewards as per the raid loot mechanics at a successful end of VoN 6.
- Item:Azure Necklace of Prophecy - Necklace: Magnetism +48Magnetism +48: Provides a +48 Equipment bonus to the wearer's Electricity Spell Power., Lightning Resistance Lightning Resistance: This property absorbs the first 10 points of lightning damage per attack that the wearer would normally take.
- Item:Belt of the Mroranon - Belt: Strength +6Strength +6: This item gives the wearer the power of Ogre Strength, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength., Fortification 75%Fortification 75%: This suit of armor or shield produces a magical force that protects vital areas of the wearer much more effectively. When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on the wearer, there is a 75% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally.
- Item:Cloak of the Silver Concord - Cloak: Charisma +2Charisma +2: This item makes the wearer have more flair, granting a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma., Haggle +10Haggle +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Haggle skill., Diplomacy +10Diplomacy +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Diplomacy skill., Persuasion
- Item:Crimson Necklace of Prophecy - Necklace: Combustion +48Combustion +48: Provides a +48 Equipment bonus to the wearer's Fire Spell Power., Fire Resistance Fire Resistance: This property absorbs the first 10 points of fire damage per attack that the wearer would normally take.
- Item:The Disciplinator - Rune Arm: Smiting Weapons, Exceptional Fortification (10%), Rune Arm Imbue: Electrical II, Maximum Charge Tier: III
- Item:Docent of Grace - +2 Docent: Dexterity +5Dexterity +5: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +5 enhancement bonus to Dexterity., Tumble +5Tumble +5: Passive: +5 Competence bonus to the Tumble skill., Balance +5Balance +5: Passive: +5 Competence bonus to the Balance skill.
- Item:Dragon's Eye - Trinket: MagiMagi: This item grants the wearer +100 maximum spell points. Sorcerers and Favored Souls gain up to double spell points from items., EfficacyEfficacy: When Activated, this effect provides a +6 Alchemical bonus to your Universal Spell Power for one minute. - 3 Charges (Recharged/Day: 3)
- Item:Hammer of Life - +4 Maul+4 Maul: (1d10+4 20/x3): The largest of the hammers, often created with a wedge-shaped head for splitting logs.: +2 Natural armor bonus, Heal +10Heal +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Heal skill., Repair +10Repair +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Repair skill., RestorationRestoration
Caster level: 7
Charges: 1 (1/day)
- Item:Helm of the Mroranon - Helm: Wisdom +6Wisdom +6: This item makes the wearer more in tune with her surroundings, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to Wisdom., Intimidate +7Intimidate +7: Passive: +7 Competence bonus to the Intimidate skill.
- Item:Ironweave Robe - Robe: +5 Armor bonus, Wizardry IIWizardry II: This item grants the wearer +50 maximum spell points. Sorcerers and Favored Souls gain up to double spell points from items., Magnetism +54Magnetism +54: Provides a +54 Equipment bonus to the wearer's Electricity Spell Power.
- Item:Kundarak Delving Boots - Boots: Continuous Freedom of Movement, Move Silently +5Move Silently +5: Passive: +5 Competence bonus to the Move Silently skill.
- Item:Kundarak Delving Goggles - Goggles: Blindness ImmunityBlindness Immunity: Grants its wearer immunity to blindness effects., Spot +10Spot +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Spot skill., Disable Device +10Disable Device +10: Passive: +10 Competence bonus to the Disable Device skill.
- Item:Kundarak Delving Suit - +5 Mithral Chainmail (Armor 10, Max Dex 6, ASF 20%, Light Armor): Silent Moves, Search +5Search +5: Passive: +5 Competence bonus to the Search skill.
- Item:Kundarak Warding Bracers - Bracers: Constitution +3Constitution +3: This item gives the wearer improved health, granting a +3 enhancement bonus to Constitution., Resistance +3Resistance +3: Passive: +3 Resistance bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saving Throws., Protection +3Protection +3: Passive: +3 Deflection bonus to Armor Class.
- Item:Kundarak Warding Shield - +5 Heavy steel shield: Resistance +2Resistance +2: Passive: +2 Resistance bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saving Throws.
- Item:Ring of the Silver Concord - Ring: Charisma +4Charisma +4: This item makes the wearer have more flair, granting a +4 enhancement bonus to Charisma., Protection +2Protection +2: Passive: +2 Deflection bonus to Armor Class., Command
- Item:Ruby Encrusted Gauntlets - Gloves: Flame StrikeFlame Strike
Caster level: 15
Charges: 1 (1/day)
- Item:Silver Necklace of Prophecy - Necklace: Glaciation +54Glaciation +54: Provides a +54 Equipment bonus to the wearer's Cold Spell Power., Cold Resistance Cold Resistance: This property absorbs the first 10 points of cold damage per attack that the wearer would normally take.
- Item:Stonemeld Plate Armor - +4 Full plate: DR 5/-Damage Reduction 5/-: Reduces all physical damage by 5., CamouflageCamouflage
Caster level: 1
Charges: 5 (5/day)
- Item:Sword of Shadow - +5 Greatsword+5 Greatsword: (2d6+5 18-20/x3): The largest of the swords, this weapon can only be used with two hands.: AdamantineAdamantine: Adamantine weapons may bypass the damage reduction of certain items and creatures.
- Item:Epic Helm of the Red Dragon - Helm: Fire Shield (fire)Fire Shield (fire)
Caster level: 20
Charges: 1 (1/day), Strength +7Strength +7: This item gives the wearer the power of Ogre Strength, granting a +7 enhancement bonus to Strength.,Magma Surge GuardMagma surge Guard: This item stores the immeasurable heart of the planet's molten mantle. When the wearer of this item is successfully attacked in melee, superheated magma occasionally surges to the surface, slowing an enemy down and inflicting massive fire damage over time., Improved Fire Augmentation IXImproved Fire Augmentation IX: Increases the wearer's caster level when casting ninth level or lower Fire spells by three., Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments (Epic Difficulty only)
- +2 Ability tomes (Bind to character)
- +4 Ability tomes (Bind to character, Epic Difficulty only)
- Flawless Red Dragon Scale (Unbound, Epic Difficulty only)
 See also