|Requires access to : The Vault of Night|
Laws forbid the creation of new warforged. Unfortunately, Phineas Hayward was never known for his law-abiding ways.
|Takes place in:||The Haywire Foundry|
|Bestowed by:||Arlsie Forr|
|NPC contact:||Arlsie Forr|
|Quest acquired in:||House Kundarak|
|Free to Play:||No|
A Warforged named Arlsie Forr has grown concerned about his master's whereabouts. He is located far from the Haywire Foundry entrance in the northern part of the Kundarak Enclave on the dock next to ship that takes you to Ataraxia. It asked you to check on Haywire, who was last seen heading back to his workshop, Haywire's Foundry in the House Kundarak Enclave.
- Part four of the Vault of Night story arc.
- Find Haywire
- Speak to the Foundry Assistant RC2
- Speak to Haywire via the Speaking Stone
- Unlock the North Wing
- Find a way into the Master Control room
- Defeat the Master Control room guards (Kill 7)
- Activate the Foundry's self-destruct
- Escape the doomed Foundry
- Take the Lightning Rod
- (Optional) Defeat the Elementals - Kill 3 Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the berserk Foundry Assistant RC2 Heroic: +5% Bonus. / Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the infected Foundry Overseer RC1 Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Disable the Assembly flame vents - Disable 6 Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy 10 Mithral Defenders while escaping Heroic: +20% Bonus. / Epic: +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floors
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/re-spawning monsters
- Puzzle (mandatory: puzzle wheels)
- Timed quest (5 minutes to get back to the entrance once you initiate the self destruct)
In the western side there are numerous blade traps on the ramps.
On the eastern side the floor will collapse in two places. The first drops into a spike trap and the second is a very long drop into lava. After falling into the lava you will have to climb many pipes and go into a tunnel with a chest. After the chest there are a large number of acid traps.
In the next room on the east, there are many fire vents on the ramps. The final lever at the top will set off about 6 spike traps that will hit for a great deal of damage unless you make reflex saves.
Tips and Misc
- To re-enter the quest after talking to RC2, somebody must still be inside to flip the lever for the gates. If you have a pet or hireling, you may also have it flip the switch as soon as you pass the first gate, and let them teleport back to you.
- To get Conquest (+25% XP) you need to wait in the wheel puzzle room and kill enough Oozes to get a current kill count of 120[ ] so you can reach a total kill count of 152 at the end of the quest. Oozes spawn every 15[ ] seconds, you just have to wait. You may need to turn a wheel to start the spawning process.[ ]
This walk-through is slightly more thorough than most. It is possible to send solo runners to the two side levers and mitigate much of this dungeon.
Enter in through the lava tunnel. Pull the lever, talk to the warforged, get into the foundry. At the crossroads be sure to speak to the stone face. You will not be able to complete the quest if you do not do this simple step. Now pick a direction. Either one will do.
We will start with the right side passage. Watch out for dropping floors. Stay to the right wall as you move through. The first drop can be avoided with a trapsmith, the second cannot be avoided, so stay to the left so that you fall onto the pipes and can walk across. Optional: There is a chest about halfway down this huge pit. If you fall, hug the left wall, halfway down there is a tunnel leading to a room with a chest. Once down, you need to travel through some acid traps and hop some pipes to get back up. Most groups will skip this because of the time involved.
Head further up the hall and break through the doorway. Open the lever to the shrine room once you have a lull in the fighting.
On the north east side of the room, there is a ramp leading up to the catwalks. There is a large area spike trap in front of the ramp; the box is back underneath the ramp. Head up onto the bridge, but be ready for the fire jets. Use valves to turn them off. Working your way across the catwalks, picking off warforged casters as you go, you will eventually reach the top with a lever in a small alcove. The alcove is heavily trapped, and whoever pulls that thing is going to be a pincushion if you do not have a rogue with you. On Heroic Elite, a Reflex Save of at least 34 is required--and this is to save against each spike. There are two boxes that must be disarmed. The first is obvious, the second is around a narrow ledge to the right side.
Once done head on back down to the main crossroads and head up the other direction. Send the rogue first to disarm the three boxes up the pillar for the blade traps. At the top break through the door, clear the area and open the door to the shrine room. You are now on the opposite side from the room you just pulled the first lever. Okay, back out into the new side, clear it out, work your way up the stairs and across the upper level. You will reach the lever at the end. This one is now trapped, but it will cause a freak power surge that will lower all the security fields. Insane warforged will come charging out and try to eat you.
Fight back down to the main hall, the gate is now open for you to go forward. Fight through, choosing a side to work around, they both lead to the same place. When you reach the other side, search out the secret door for an extra shrine, but be careful of the trap at the entrance. The two boxes are inside behind the shrine. Use it or lose it; unless you leave someone out here to let people back through the gate you are about to go through.
Heading through the gate you will reach a complex rune puzzle with 3 central wheels and 3 outer wheels.
The puzzle with the wheels in the north passage is solved as follows:
- Take note of the fact that there are three "inner" and three "outer" wheels.
- Also note that the inner wheels each have a symbol immediately above them.
- In order to unlock an inner wheel, the two adjacent outer wheels must be set to the symbol above it.
- Finally, note that inside the bars with the chest are three more symbols (which are always all identical).
- When you unlock a wheel, set it to the symbol you see inside the bars where the chest is.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each of the three inner wheels and the bars will open.
Once you start hitting the wheels, various oozes will start plopping down all around you. Have your companions keep you clean of slime. Repeat this process with the other two inner wheels to get the key in the center chest.
Open the door to the next chamber. You need to defeat the foundry’s metal guardians, several iron golems, mithral defenders and one really mean iron golem. Once they are dealt with you can get the key to the portcullis that blocks a lever to initiate the self destruct. Don’t pull that just yet. Do not use Dimension Door as this will leave you unable to complete the quest.
First buff up. If you have them available you will want Jump, resist fire, haste, resist acid, neutralize poison. Those buffs are listed in the order of importance. Once buffed up, hit the lever and begin the mad dash. First you have to jump up a series of broken pipes and bridges, then it's just run through acid and poison traps, breaking floors and fire spouts. When you reach the blast doors, wait for the party to catch up to you. Once everyone is there, or if you are running out of time, head through. Move through the hall to the closed up drawbridge. Hug the left wall before the fire spout of the exploding foundry hits you, and fight off the fire elementals.
Once the drawbridge lowers, go talk to Haywire and grab the lightning rod to complete the quest.
There is a purple mushroom on the west ledge in the last big room before Haywire. You can drop down and grab it after the quest is complete.
- Devious bonus: 17 or less monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 95 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 124 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 152 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 64 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 82 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 102 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three.
- One down the long shaft to the east, near the acid jet traps.
- One after defeating Control Unit.
- One at the end.
- NPC rewards: One person in your party must pick up the "Lightning Rod" staff at the end, otherwise you won't get NPC reward.
Named Chest Drop
- Bloodrage Symbiont - Trinket: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), , 5/-, , , (drops from a breakable)
- Lightning Rod - : , , , (guaranteed at end of quest)
Most of what you will face will be types of warforged. There are also mithral and adamantine defenders (metal dogs) and three iron golems in one room (one named). The room with the wheel puzzles will drop oozes including arcane oozes and black puddings. Finally, there are a small number of greater fire and earth elementals in the beginning and at the end.
The foes you will encounter are as follows:
- Adamantine Defenders
- Arcane Oozes
- Black Puddings
- Fire Hardened Earth Elemental
- Foundry Drones - Warforged fighters
- Foundry Engineers - Arcane casters
- Foundry Surveyors - Rangers
- Foundry Troubleshooters - Divine casters
- Greater Fire Elementals
- Iron Golems
- Lightning Guard Golems - Epic only
- Mithral Defenders
- Ochre Jellies