|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Raid loot mechanic
The raid loot mechanic for DDO has changed through the history of DDO:
 Current Chest Loot Mechanic
The chance for a raid item to drop for you is as follows:
- On normal, 1 in 6 chance
- On hard, around 1 in 5 chance - varies depending on raid difficulty
- On elite, around 1 in 4 chance - varies depending on raid difficulty
- On epic, around 1 in 4 chance, and often a second chance at an alternate item
- For example: In the Plane of Night on epic, you have a chance at raid loot, similar to as if you ran it on elite, but could also get a flawless red dragon scale in the same chest.
However, The chances will vary depending on how hard the developers think the raid scales up from normal to hard/elite/epic.
 Current End Reward Loot Mechanic
Also, after completing a raid a certain multiple of times (Usually 20, but varies for some raids) the quest giver's end reward will be special - generally a list of only raid loot. Each raid differs in exactly what and how many items you can select from:
- Tempest's Spine - Does not implement this system.
- Plane of Night - Select from 12 items every 20th. (From a pool of 20 items plus 6 +2 tomes - 46% of the list - Epic items are excluded)
- The Titan Awakes - Select from ~10 items every 20th. (From a pool of 17 items plus 6 +2 tomes - 43% of the list)
- Zawabi's Revenge - Select from 10 items every 20th. (From a pool of 16 items plus 6 +2 tomes - 45% of the list - Epic items are excluded)
- The Reaver's Fate - Select from 8 items every 20th. (From a pool of 12 items plus 6 +3 tomes - 44% of the list)
- Ascension Chamber - Select from 7 items items every 20th. (From a pool of 13 items plus 6 +3 tomes - 37% of the list.)
- The Shroud - Special: Select from 7 items every 20th: A stat tome of your choice (1 for each stat will always appear in the list, can be +2 or +3) or an Essence of Cleansing which can remove Taint of Shavarath from your Green Steel Accessories. Around 15% chance that a tome will appears as +3 instead of +2.
- Hound of Xoriat - Select from ~10 items every 20th. (From a pool of 11 items plus 6 +3 tomes - 59% of the list)
- A Vision of Destruction - Select from ~10 items every 20th. (From a pool of 10 items plus 6 +3 tomes - 63% of the list)
- The Chronoscope - Special: Select from 9 items on every end reward. About 6 of the 9 (67% of the list) items will be raid loot; the other few will be replaced by similar min lvl randomly generated loot of the same type as the item it replaces. The 20th completion will be different: all nine choices will be raidloot (no randomly generated items), and unlike the non-20th list, they can include every named item from the raid, even those which are otherwise strictly chest loot. (From a pool of 15 items - 60% of the list)
- Tower of Despair - Select from ~10 items every 20th. (From a pool of 32 items plus 6 +4 tomes - 26% of the list)
- The Lord of Blades - Special: Select from 10 items every 10th. Your choice of Cell (Martial, Mystical, Greater), 2 compounds, 4 spirits, and 1 random refined spirit. Around 25% chance of getting the refined spirit you want.
- The Master Artificer - Special: Select from ~43 Alchemical weapons every 5th. Every single list will be the same for everyone, select your choice of any type of weapon, all ~43 will always appear.
- Caught in the Web - Select from 7 items every 20th. (From a pool of 13 items plus 6 +4 tomes - 37% of the list. Commendations do not appear.)
- Tomes are generally weighted to be far rarer in the end reward lists then the other raid loot. The other raidloot itself doesn't vary much from item to item in terms of rareness.
- Tomes from any source also have a 1 in 4 chance of instead being a BTA upgrade tome of the same type that would otherwise appear. (EG: A BTC +3 str tome could instead appear as a +3 to +4 str tome upgrade which would be BTA instead of BTC).
- Guild renown will usually be offered in addition to the above items.
- All raid reward items bind and a "Are you sure?" message will be displayed. (Exceptions: The Lord of Blades and The Master Artificer rewards vary in binding.)
 History: Pre module 5 Mechanic
Prior to the release of module 5 at the end of a successful raid, the warded raidloot chest would always contain two pieces of warded raid loot not assigned to any specific player. The loot could not be removed from the chest without a glyph of warding. Two glyphs of warding (small stone objects) would spawn near the chest. These glyphs could only be taken in two ways:
- By default, only the party leader could take them, and then trade them to the player(s) who could then use them to loot an item.
- The party leader could change the raid to a Random party loot mode, where two random individuals would be able to pick up a glyph. This needed to be done before the raid was completed, and could not be switched back to the default after it had been set.
Once a player had a glyph in their possession, they would then be able to remove a raid reward item from the warded chest.