Cannith Crafting Tutorial
From DDO wiki
(Redirected from Fabricators Guild Tutorial)
- Make sure you are in the House Kundarak Crafting Hall, and not House Cannith. They are identical in layout and the facilities they offer, but only House Kundarak has the tutorial quest.
- Both crafting halls have 2 wings, one north, one south. Facilities are duplicated in the north/south wings, so either works. However, the northern facility has a bank, and the southern has an auction house, so for purposes of this tutorial the northern might be slightly preferable (see Notes at bottom).)
A note on terminology:When you go to the Item Deconstruction station, you will have 2 choices - to "dissolve" an item with the red Dissolver, which destroys the item but leaves you with essences, or to "disjunct" the item with the black Dust of Disjunction, which removes any/all effects and bonuses, but leaves you with a craftable blank (+0) weapon or other item. However, the button to confirm and activate either of these actions is labeled "Deconstruct". Make sure that you understand the difference, and that whenever you "deconstruct" an item, you have chosen the correct, desired action - dissolve or disjunct. These two have very different effects, and once deconstructed, these actions cannot be undone. If one of these actions is not available to select, either 1) you need to purchase more dissolvers/dusts of disjunction, or 2) that item is not available for that action. (Named items cannot be deconstructed in any way. Note that items that have already been disjuncted for crafting can still be blanked again or dissolved into nothingness - no essences are received for dissolving a disjuncted ("blank") item.)
Fabricator's Guild Tutorial walk-through
- You'll need 5 empty slots in your backpack, and ~100 platinum pieces to buy materials (less with any Haggle skill or decent Charisma).
- Travel to House Kundarak via the eastern/northeastern gate in The Marketplace.
- Directly ahead is the entrance to the Crafting Hall, which you need to enter.
- Acquire the quest line from Maker, who is standing just inside the entrance near the mailbox. You will return to him several times in this tutorial.
- You may also acquire the line from Felix d'Cannith in The Marketplace, or from Vertigo in The Harbor.
- Don't forget to get your Tiny Ingredients Bag, available for free from Felix d'Cannith, in the southwestern corner of the Harbor, in front of the gate to The Marketplace. It's not critical to this quest, but very handy for the future. They're exclusive though, so you won't get it if you are currently carrying one from any other source.
- Go to one of the Crafting wings (north or south), continue straight across to the alcove under the small "flask" symbol, and speak to the vendor there.
- "Purchase deconstruction materials" - you'll need 1 Dust of Disjunction and 10 Dissolvers.
- Return to and speak with Maker.
- Acquire the -1 Quarterstaff of Lesser Halfling Bane
- Return to the crafting wing and go to the first alcove on the left, the room with the "broken shield" icon above it, which marks an Item Deconstruction Crafting station.
- Drag & drop the Quarterstaff into the "Your Ingredients" bar, select the red Dissolver option above, and hit "Deconstruct".
- You will acquire 1-2 Cannith Essences.
- Return to and speak with Maker again.
- Acquire 10 additional Cannith Essences.
- Return to the crafting wing and go to the second alcove on the left, the room with the diamond with a locked chain around it, which marks a Bound Shard Crafting station.
- Click the device, a "Recipe Book" will open. Type "min" into the Search window. Select "Minimum Level 1 Item", the only green choice ("100%"). Hit "Craft" (lower right corner).
- You should now have a pink "Minimum Level 1 Shard" in your inventory.
- If you had your green bag on auto-collect, move the shard back into inventory. (However, it is now "safe" to turn auto-collect back on.)
- Return to and speak with Maker again.
- Acquire a Heavy Mace, given free in the quest.
- Return to the crafting wing and go again to the first alcove on the left, the room with the "broken shield" icon above it, which marks an Item Deconstruction Crafting station.
- Drag & drop the mace* into the "Your Ingredients" bar, select the black Dust of Disjunction option above, and hit "Deconstruct".
- Mouse-hover over that item; it should now read "Cannith Crafting - minimum level slot".
- Return to and speak with Maker for your final set of instructions. You will receive no new materials.
- Return north and go to the third alcove on the left, the room under the symbol of the shield with a locked chain around it, which marks a Bound Item Crafting station.
- Click the device, and drag & drop your blank mace (or weapon*) into the "Your Ingredients" slot. Select "Apply Minimum Level 1 Item", and then "Craft".
- The item's icon will change from a white background (usually indicating a "blank" item, ready for crafting) to a blue background (indicating a basic weapon).
- You should now have a "+1 Heavy Mace".
- Speak with Maker to collect your end reward of 500 XP, and choose one of three items:
- You should now have 20 Crafting XP, and a Crafting Level of 3. (This is visible on your character sheet, under the "Crafting" tab.)
- Turn "Auto-collect" back on for your ingredients bags if you wish.
- If this is not your main Crafter and you have a Shared Bank, drop the extra 9 remaining Dissolvers, the Crafting Reward you chose, the +1 Mace (if unwanted, for dissolving) and any spare essences into the Shared Bank. Dissolvers, Essences and Crafting % Boosters can go into the Crafting Section, the Experience Potion (and mace) must go into the main item section.
- The gate back to The Marketplace is straight out the door to the Crafting Hall (in the extreme southwest of House Kundarak). Once there, the gate to The Harbor is on the south side of the Marketplace.
- * re the Mace: There is an option to substitute any weapon of your choice for the mace, but you have to provide that weapon, and it has to be from randomly generated loot (not a "named" item). Note that the first step, using the Dust of Disjunction, will remove any and all magic from the weapon! Nothing is saved except the physical, blank weapon itself. The final product, a blank ML 1 weapon, still counts for the quest completion, and you may later go ahead and add a prefix- and suffix-effect to that weapon if you choose, although most crafters prefer to apply their effect shards to higher Minimum Level weapons. If this is your first time, just go with the mace.