Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking the edit link above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Artificers throughout the Manufactury used to draw upon the magic energy provided by the Cannith Power Crystals kept here. Now the Lord of Blades has occupied the Power Works and disabled all the Crystals.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Heroic XP:||♣5,620Solo/Casual ♦9,709Normal ♥10,053Hard ♠10,396Elite|
|Takes place in:||Cannith Power Works|
|Bestowed by:||Harlan d'Cannith|
|NPC contact:||Harlan d'Cannith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Cannith|
|Purchase:||Secrets of the Artificers or VIP|
Bladesworn troops have occupied the Power Works, cutting off House Cannith from the magical energies stored within its Power Crystals.
Harlan d'Cannith wants you to rendezvous with Kylea d'Cannith in the Cannith Power Works inside the Cannith Manufactury. Help Kylea re-enable the Power Crystals.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Help Kylea enable the power crystals (12 crystals)
- Find and Defeat Steelthorn
- (Optional) Open the East Upper Access Gate — Bonus (2%): Heroic( ♣112 ♦194 ♥201 ♠208 )
- (Optional) Open the West Upper Access Gate — Bonus (2%): Heroic( ♣112 ♦194 ♥201 ♠208 )
- (Optional) Prevent any of the enabled crystals from being destroyed — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣1,124 ♦1,942 ♥2,011 ♠2,079 )
- (Optional) Defeat Watchman (rare) — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣562 ♦971 ♥1,005 ♠1,040 )
- (Optional) Defeat Scrapheap (rare) — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣562 ♦971 ♥1,005 ♠1,040 )
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, one appears only on hard and elite difficulties)
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Kylea, unkillable)
- 2 Fixed, Can be disabled.
- Set of 3 blade traps near the east side
- Electric Floor on the top level
Tips and Misc
- While this is an escort quest with an NPC (Kylea) that can get damaged, Kylea can't actually die, as she brings up a shield that makes her invulnerable when she takes too much damage. So focus on the monsters and don't worry about Kylea.
- Kylea only follows the last player who speaks to her, she doesn't "lead" anywhere.
- You don't need to order her to activate the crystals; get her near one, and after about a 10 second animation, she will do it automatically. If she is not cowering in her forcefield, she will ignore any active defenders and get to her business almost immediately.
- You can order her to "Teleport back to the Entrance Hall...", but unless you want to prevent her from automatically activating crystals, there is no reason.
- To have it a bit easier for the optional to prevent crystal from being destroyed, try to do both crystals in the north room (with the water) last, as this is the place where the final encounter will break through.
- This means, however, that you must face all of the Warforged intended to be sent to destroy the power crystals and the final boss at the same time.
- While the final fight does generate warforged to destroy the crystals, respawning enemies will also roam the halls and can destroy them as well.
- There is a secret passage from the "central" room (with the traps) to the upper level of the northern water rooms, behind that shrine.
- The southwest shrine is well guarded – expect a fight.
- If Scrapheap (and its chest) spawns, it is in the northwest shrine room. Despite the map, this room cannot be accessed via the northwest hallway, and can only be reached from the upper level of the central, trapped room.
- Aggression bonus: 159 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣562 ♦971 ♥1,005 ♠1,040 )
- Onslaught bonus: 230 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣843 ♦1,456 ♥1,508 ♠1,559 )
- Conquest bonus: 283 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣1,405 ♦2,427 ♥2,513 ♠2,599 )
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.( ♣562 ♦971 ♥1,005 ♠1,040 )
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.( ♣450 ♦777 ♥804 ♠832 )
- Mischief bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣450 ♦777 ♥804 ♠832 )
- Vandal bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣562 ♦971 ♥1,005 ♠1,040 )
- Ransack bonus: 65–70 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣843 ♦1,456 ♥1,508 ♠1,559 )
- Notes: Onslaught and Conquest require killing respawns in the end fight.
- Chests: 2–4
- 1 possible in the upper eastern central room for killing Watchman (Construct)
- 1 possible in the upper northwest shrine room (accessible by heading west from the electric floor trap) for killing Scrapheap (Construct)
- 1 locked in the lower western central room
- 1 at the end for killing Steelthorn (Warforged)
- Collectables: 5
- Cabinet in southeast room
- Cabinet in northwest room, where Scrapheap is sometimes found
- Bookshelf in west hall leading to end fight
- Bookshelf in the eastern of the two small rooms north of the end fight
- Mold in secret passage
- NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 4 items, up to ML19.
Named Chest Drop
||Wolfinson's Monocular Enhancer (edit)||Goggles||
||18||Bound to Account on Acquire, ExclusiveBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire
This is an Exclusive item. You may only carry one at a time.
|Power Play, Scrapheap's chest|
||Magewright's Cloak (edit)||Cloak||
||18||Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire||Power Play, End chest|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Secrets of the Artificers quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 7 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 19 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > House Cannith Manufactury quests > Cannith Power Works quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > House Cannith quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > House Cannith patron quests