Litany of the Dead
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 4|
|Litany of the Dead|
|Takes place in:||Black Mausoleum (Upper Necropolis)|
|Bestowed by:||Sir Rohine Stiedra|
|NPC contact:||Sir Rohine Stiedra|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Black Abbot awaits his rise to godhood and only you can stop his ascension.
The entrance for this quest is located in the Necropolis, NW of Sir Rohine's position. On your map, hover-text for the quest entrace will be "The Black Mausoleum". Be aware, the quest entrance will not flash (as quests normally do) if you have it selected in your Quest Journal.
This pre-raid requires per-character flagging to enter unlike most quests. To flag run these 4 quests:
You must gather 8 pieces of the Sigil Frame through these quests to gain access to this pre-raid: Litany of the Dead.
- Right Wing (1) drops at Desecrated Temple of Vol.
- Left Wing (2) drops at Flesh Maker's Laboratory.
- Right Frame (3) drops at Inferno of the Damned.
- Left Frame (4) drops at Ghosts of Perdition.
- Left Pincer (5), Center Frame (6), Eye of the Abbot (7) and Right Pincer (8) can drop from all 4.
- As of Update 13, any chest in the Orchard can also drop any Sigil pieces (In addition to Tome of Legend and Shield Fragments), though the above locations are much more likely to drop said specific pieces.
The numbers are the positions of the piece in Sigil: Frame (left to right).
- Find the Black Abbot's Guardian
- Survive the ambush
- Descend the shaft
- Convince the Black Dragon to help you
- (Optional) Find Cholthulzz Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Pass the Twists of Azure Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Open the Frigid Halls Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Access the Path of Ice Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Cholthulzz Heroic: +30% Bonus.
- (Optional) Find the High Priest Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Acquire the Bat Crests Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Reach the door Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Open the Path of Vol Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the High Priest Heroic: +30% Bonus.
- (Optional) Find Mentau Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Acquire the key Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Reach the door Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Open the path forward Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Mentau Heroic: +30% Bonus.
- (Optional) Find Cinnis Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Ignite the Inferno Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Open the Ignition Chamber Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Cinnis Heroic: +30% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Points of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest items (mandatory: 4 crests in the east wing)
Spinning blade, Force
Tips and Misc
- Trying to open a fake chest will drop you and the party around you into an ambush, and lock other characters out with a black forcefield.
- Cracking the floor to the dropdown in the dragon cage will put up the forcefield near ambush again.
so people can't join in after this
- For dragon riddle, see this article. ← Spoiler!!
- Bug: If you kill Mentau without using Cold Fire, you keep the plaht debuff even after death. Relogging is the only way to fix it.
- On completion of each side you must destroy the crystals in the towers you are teleported to, to gain completion status.
In-quest items available from table (in suggested order):
- Defeat High Priest to gain access to:
- Defeat Cholthulzz to gain access to:
- Defeat Cinnis to gain access to:
- And lastly defeat Mentau and not bother needing:
- Golem Gem - Trinket: — 1 Charges (Available after you defeat Mentau, used to aid in defeating High Priest of Vol: summons a vampiric bane flesh golem; this golem is aggressive towards your party, but will choose to attack the High Priest of Vol if it is present.) (Though really it's a joke item, the golem is too weak and random to really do anything helpful.)
- Devious bonus: ~57 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: ~81 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Chests: Total 3 per run
- NPC rewards: None
Named Chest Drop
Accessories are ML13, weapons and armor are ML14. All .
- Belt of Tongue - Belt: , Enchantment Saves +6
- Eye of the Beholder - Ring: — 8 Charges (Recharged/Day:8),
- Lenses of Doom - Goggles: Exclusive, — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), ,
High Priest of Vol chest
- Banner Cloak - Cloak: ,
- Fanged Gloves - Gloves: , ,
- Ring of the High Priest - Ring: , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3),
Drops from multiple end chests
- Ash Boots - Boots: , (Cinnis, High Priest)
- Axe of the Unseen Blow - : , , (Cholthulzz, Mentau)
- Breastplate of Vol - +5 Breastplate: , , (Mentau, High Priest)
- Docent of Quickening - +5 Docent: , , , (Cinnis, Mentau, High Priest)
- Dragon Sword of Acid - : , , (High Priest, Cholthulzz, Mentau)
- Robe of the Magi - Robe: , , , (Cholthulzz, Mentau, High Priest)
- Shining Devastation - : , Everbright, , (All bosses)