|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Desecrated Temple of Vol
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 4|
Centuries ago the Black Abbot sealed those who remained faithful to Vol deep in the Catacombs of this temple. The wails at night indicate something somehow survived.
|Desecrated Temple of Vol|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,069 ♦5,344 ♥5,572 ♠5,800|
|Takes place in:||Desecrated Temple of Vol|
|NPC contact:||Holton Kisane|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Holton Kisane had a dream last night where he saw Vol and one of her High Priests. The Lady spoke to him, saying this Priest was buried beneath the Desecrated Temple of Vol. If Holton freed this High Priest, and proved he was worthy, then Vol's chosen would aid in the battle against the Black Abbot. Sir Rohine does not believe Holton and refuses to release him from his post, so Holton has asked you to venture to the Desecrated Temple and find the High Priest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the Priest of Vol
- Locate the Abbot's Seal
- Acquire the keys to the Abbot's seal (2 keys)
- Open the Seal (2 boxes)
- Enter the catacombs
- Slay the vampire priests (total 6)
- Return to the High Priest
- Defeat the High Priest's Honor Guard
- (Optional) Defeat the Inevitables of Dolurrh (total 9): (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy the Offerings to Vol: (40% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Spinning blades, shooting darts
Tips and Misc
Walkthrough (largely thanks to Lost Leader)
Drop down into the temple. In the middle you will see the seal made by the Black Abbot. On either side of the seal is a lockbox and a lever. Pulling the levers will reveal doors to either side of the hall. The halls are filled with whirring blades and flaming darts, at the end of which is a chest containing a gold key on one side, and a silver key on the other. They will each open one of the warding lockboxes. Each person who opens a chest gets a key. The passage on the left is easier to get through the traps, just have to take a quick dip underwater to get there. Have two people go this way, one being a high AC type. Death Ward and Fire Resist are very beneficial throughout this quest, and both chests are guarded by shadows and quells, so buff up before you go for the keys.
Open the lock boxes on either side of the pit. This lowers the seal and allows you to drop down. At the bottom will be a room of clay golems; smite or beat them down. Next, a group of three quells will attack. One is red-named. Watch out for firewalls, acid fogs and Otto's irresistible dance (the 8th level version). Once you defeat the three quells, you can enter into the vampire's hallways.
The halls are filled with vampires and bats; shadows and wheeps will pop from the ground as you go. If you break the sacrificial urns, shadows will pop out. You must move through the hallways and destroy the randomly located vampiric priests of vol. Some of the halls may close behind you. Which gates close is randomly generated. Also, the shadows in this temple are immune to Firewall (cheap dev update to avoid a simplifying player tactic), so you will need to deal with the shadows by other means.
A couple of things to note while you clear the halls of vampires: first, there is a chest that can spawn in any room in the vampire halls (dev update: the chest will no longer always spawn, just sometimes), so keep an eye out for it. Second, down the hall across from the shrine is a secret door. When you open it, four wheeps will attack, and it will reveal a locked door (DC50 lockpick). On the other side of the locked door is a portal that will take you to another plane, with bad side affects for curing magic. Go through and defeat the maruts. When the maruts are dead it will send you back to the Temple of Vol, a chest now sitting in the room. This chest has a chance to drop pieces of the Shield. Note: if there are any dead party members when the last marut is slain, there will be no way to get back to them. Their soul is trapped back where they died.
After you have completed the vampire slaying, finding your chest, and optional maruts, return to the entry to the vampire halls. Talk to the High Priest to begin the last encounter. A simple tactic is to fill the room with firewalls, and when all of the High Priest's bodyguards attack, they will find themselves burning in an inferno. Collect your last chest; this one will perhaps have a piece of the Sigil, then return home for your end reward.
- The Inevitables come in three waves of increasing numbers
- Aggression bonus: 80 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 128 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 21 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 total:
- 1 for killing the Inevitables
- 1 randomly placed
- 1 end chest
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Shield Pieces
- Boots of the Innocent - Boots: Resistance Save +5, Yellow Augment Slot with Striding +20% (End chest)
- Desecrated Leathers - +5 Leather: Greater Nimbleness, Blue Augment Slot (End chest)
- Guardian of the Liturgy - +5 Dagger [1d10]: Bleed, Improved Heartseeker, Red Augment Slot (Marut chest, End chest)
- Insurrection - +5 Greataxe: Construct Bane , +10 Shatter, Red Augment Slot (End chest)
- Locus of Vol - Necklace: Wisdom +5, Taint of Evil, Yellow Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot (End chest)
- Blackfang Bat
- Clay Golem
- Inevitable - Marut
- Shadow of Vol
- Undead Giant Rat
- Vampire Spawn of Vol
- Vampiric Knight of Vol