|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Alignment: Lawful Good
Boss: Red Named - Quest Boss
Rare: NoCR: ♦20 ♥23 ♠26
Attack: Bite (Slash), 11 different eye beam attacks. Many of these are the same as a standard Beholder, but some are different such as
- Boneshatter - Deals some damage and lowers your movement speed by 50%
- Fleshsear - Continuously deals untyped damage over time for a long duration
Special Qualities: See Invisibility. Incorporeal. Undead Traits. Very high resistance to Fire. Immune to Lightning and Cold. No resistance to acid or force.
Description: Cholthulzz is one of the four guardians of the Black Abbot. He is first encountered in Ghosts of Perdition then later in Litany of the Dead.
He is accessed from the dragons chamber in Litany of the Dead by answering the questions as follows:
- Silver Flame. (Good)
- Never. He is a scourge on Xen'drik and he must be stopped. (Good)
- If something has heat it should be left as it is and Cinnis should deal with his hatred internally. (Good)
- I would have done anything to save my daughter. (Good)
- Destroy it once and for all. (Good)
- He and his creations are abominations. (Lawful)
- Stayed faithful to the Lady, knowing she would be my salvation. (Lawful)
- The same. A contract is binding and I would have followed the conditions. (Lawful)
- I would follow the orders I was given. (Lawful)
- He deserved to die for betraying his faith and oath to Vol. (Lawful)
- The Crusader. (Lawful Good)
- They lack honor and compassion. (Lawful Good)
- Gold or silver. (Lawful Good)
- Engage the adventurers in a battle of wits and if they win let them pass. (Lawful Good)?
- Cholthulzz the Doomsphere.
Defeating Cholthulzz can be made easier with the assistance of Eye of Vol, which is obtained from the workbench in the black dragon's chamber in Litany of the Dead after you have successfully defeated High Priest of Vol.
Unique loot for defeating Cholthulzz:
- Belt of Tongue - Belt: Spell Resistance (19), Enchantment Saves +6
- Eye of the Beholder - Ring: Absorb Doomsphere Spells, Deathblock
- Lenses of Doom - Goggles: Exclusive, Boneshatter, Search +11, Spot +11
- Axe of the Unseen Blow - +5 Handaxe: Finesse, True Chaos (Also drops for Mentau) [ML:14]
- Dragon Sword of Acid - +5 Longsword: Acid Burst, Dragon Bane (Also drops for High Priest, Mentau) [ML:14]
- Robe of the Magi - Robe: Armor Bonus +5, Spell Resistance (19), Spell Penetration VII (Also drops for High Priest, Mentau) [ML:12]
- Shining Devastation - +5 Greatclub: Adamantine, Everbright, Force (Drops for all bosses) [ML:14]