Free To Play
(Originally from From Module 9/Unlimited Release Notes)
DDO Unlimited introduces an innovative new way to play - you can download and play DDO for free! For even more action and fun, you can purchase additional adventures, convenience items, and account services at your leisure from the new DDO Store. Can't get enough of DDO? You can even subscribe, becoming a "VIP", to get unlimited access to all of the game’s content. To learn more about playing for free or becoming a VIP, click here!
- DDO Points: DDO Points can be used by Free to Play accounts to unlock other elements of the game. Purchasable or earned through Total Favor.
- Classes: 9 classes are free to all, 6 othersare free only to VIP accounts. Non-VIP can purchase access to them with DDO Points, or, for Artificer and Favored Soul, can also be earned via Favor.
- Races: 4 races are free to all, 8 others are VIP only or purchasable with DDO points. Drow is not included with any starting account, but can be (easily) earned via Favor, or bought via DDO Points.
- Adventure Packs: Many quests are free, but adventure packs open wider options for gear, leveling, and more.
- Character Slots: 3 per server, may purchase more
- Shared Bank Slot: Can purchase
- Login Queue: Low. (This isn't a real issue, the game has not yet implemented any log in queue tech, you simply get an error if the server is full regardless of your account type.)
- Chat: Limited (Public Chat Channels: 10 messages in 5 minutes - Say/Shout: 10 messages in 5 minutes - Tells: 3 unique people/minute)
- Auctions: Limited to one item up for sale at a time and one sale posting per login
- Mail: Limited. True Reincarnated characters that exceed the gold limit cannot send mail.
- Gold Storage: Limited to 1,250 pp at level 1, doubling each level until it reaches the technical limit of about 4.3 million pp.
- DDO Store items: Unbound store items cannot be traded or mailed. They can however be placed in guild chests.
- Guilds: Must purchase a Guild Charter to create a guild; can join guilds free.
- Customer Service: Self-service online only
- DDO Compendium: Read Only
- Official Forums: Can store only 10 private messages, cannot give reputation for posts, permanent ban for two infractions regardless of severity. They also need to wait a few days from account creation before being able to post.
- Beta Priority: Normal (Technically the same as a premium account by all account thus far)
- Idle Auto-logout: 30 minutes