Bargain of Blood
|Bargain of Blood is the 1st quest in the Sentinels of Stormreach .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Tide Turns.|
|Bargain of Blood • The Black Loch • Storm the Beaches • The Tide Turns|
The Blood Tide pirates created the Bargain Bazaar as a place to sell their plundered loot.
|Requires access to : Sentinels of Stormreach|
|Bargain of Blood|
|Takes place in:||The Bargain Bazaar|
|Bestowed by:||Lille d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Lille d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Deneith|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Blood Tide has set up a makeshift marketplace called the Bargain Bazaar. Here the pirates sell the booty they have accumulated through their illicit activies (sic). The merchants of Stormreach want the Bargain Bazaar shut down.
Travel to the Bargain Bazaar in the Searing Heights and kill the General Manager. The Searing Heights can be reached from a gate on the south side of the Marketplace. The entrance to the Bargain Bazaar can be found in the southwest of the Searing Heights.
- Note that although the quest is acquired (and then the chain continued) in House Deneith, the entrance to this first quest is found centered on the southern edge of Searing Heights, just south of the Crumbled Archway. Enter into Searing Heights via the gate in the southwestern edge of The Marketplace, and follow the road in front of you that winds south then west over stone bridges to the quest entrance.
- Alternatively, speak to Vyra d'Deneith who will transport you straight to the entrance of Searing Heights.
- Find a way past the front gate.
- Find a way into the west section of the bazaar.
- Kill the General Manager
- (Optional) Destroy the Assassination Logbook — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Free the slaves - 6 total — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Meet up with House Deneith scouts — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- Spinning blades in front of the North-west shrine; control panel is up the ladder, south of the switch.
- Spinning blades on the ramp to the slave market; control panel is on the ground in the North-west corner before the gate. Do NOT hit the lever above the gate; that will activate the trap, even if it's been disabled.
- Spikes around the slave traps; use levers (see below) to disable them.
- Spinning blades before first gate to the end room (near the Magic Mouth saying "Keep out!"); control panel is on the ground to the south
- Spinning blades on ramp leading to the second gate to the end room; control panel is on the ground to the north.
- Spikes around the lever near the General Manager's chair; the lever there will activate them. The ACTUAL lever to open the gate to the chest is on the fountain to the southwest.
Tips and Misc
- To get past the various gates, you often need to shoot a lever above it (one of the nearby breakables will drop a bow and 10 arrows); the lever can be hit with a thrown weapon using Targeting Mode T.
- After going through the second gate, you must climb to the top of the guard tower in the middle of the yard and manually pull the lever at the top. You cannot get through the next gate (to the slave pens) without doing this.
- Many of the traps can be avoided by not activating the lever above the gate gem or next to the slave pen door. Look for other levers nearby.
- For the final gate, shoot the left-hand lever above the gate.
- In general, only shoot targets that have a gem immediately below them (i.e. within a foot or two below the target lever) and only pull levers that you can see an unlit gem behind the handle.
- In short, only use the levers marked in red on the map.
- The Bazaar has many Magic Mouths spread all over being used as advertisement for the Bazaar.
- The logbook is due south of the entrance, and is guarded by the First Mate and Nakar Brightedge.
- The slave market is to the North-west; the lever above the gate will activate the spinning blades, even if the trap's already been disabled.
- The House Deneith mercenaries will be along the river on the way to the slave market. There will be a break in the fence to the north, and a path down. The mercenaries are one battle cleric and several men at arms, all Humans, CR . You can spur them by talking to them.
- The levers by the gates to the slave pens will activate spikes; to open the pens, you need to flip the lever up the stairs to the west, and then the 5 levers on the bottom row in the newly-opened North-west pen. The lever above the five will activate spikes in that pen.
- The way the tiny Manager sits on top of the large General Manager is reminiscent of Master Blaster in , even including the compound name. The kobold "Manager" refers in combat dialogue to his minotaur mount/guard as "The General".
- Discreet bonus: 28 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 101 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three minimum
- One near the Assassination Logbook
- One in the slave pen with the switches for the other pens
- One after killing the General Manager and Manager
- Collectables: Four
- Cabinet west of the Logbook
- Two Adventurer's Packs in slave pens
- Cabinet in the South-east corner of the central market
- NPC rewards: Selection of 4 random items, ML1–4
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Blood Tide Archer (hobgoblin) ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Blood Tide Creeper ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Pirate ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Blood Tide Sharpshooter ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Skirmisher ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Blood Tide Skulker ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Blood Tide Sorcerer ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Spellsplicer ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Spiritcaller ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|First Mate ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|General Manager ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Manager ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Nakar Brightedge ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Shackle ( view • )||Goblinoid||Bugbear|
|Slave (troll) ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Water Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Water Elemental|