Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Bargain of Blood
|Bargain of Blood is the 1st quest in the Sentinels of Stormreach story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Tide Turns.|
|Bargain of Blood • The Black Loch • Storm the Beaches • The Tide Turns|
The Blood Tide pirates created the Bargain Bazaar as a place to sell their plundered loot.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Bargain of Blood|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,003Solo/Casual ♦1,778Normal ♥1,882Hard ♠1,987Elite|
|Epic XP:||♣5,192Solo/Casual ♦8,953Normal ♥9,252Hard ♠9,551Elite|
|Takes place in:||The Bargain Bazaar|
|Bestowed by:||Lille d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Lille d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Deneith|
|Purchase:||Sentinels of Stormreach or VIP|
The Blood Tide has set up a makeshift marketplace called the Bargain Bazaar. Here the pirates sell the booty they have accumulated through their illicit activies (sic). The merchants of Stormreach want the Bargain Bazaar shut down.
Travel to the Bargain Bazaar in the Searing Heights and kill the General Manager. The Searing Heights can be reached from a gate on the south side of the Marketplace. The entrance to the Bargain Bazaar can be found in the southwest of the Searing Heights.
- Note that although the quest is acquired (and then the chain continued) in House Deneith, the entrance to this first quest is found centered on the southern edge of Searing Heights, just south of the Crumbled Archway. Enter into Searing Heights via the gate in the southwestern edge of The Marketplace, and follow the road in front of you that winds south then west over stone bridges to the quest entrance.
- Alternatively, speak to Vyra d'Deneith who will transport you straight to the entrance of Searing Heights.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Find a way past the front gate.
- Find a way into the west section of the bazaar.
- Kill the General Manager
- (Optional) Destroy the Assassination Logbook — Bonus (30%): Heroic( ♣301 ♦533 ♥565 ♠596 ) Epic( ♣1,558 ♦2,686 ♥2,776 ♠2,865 )
- (Optional) Free the slaves - 6 total — Bonus (30%): Heroic( ♣301 ♦533 ♥565 ♠596 ) Epic( ♣1,558 ♦2,686 ♥2,776 ♠2,865 )
- (Optional) Meet up with House Deneith scouts — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣150 ♦267 ♥282 ♠298 ) Epic( ♣779 ♦1,343 ♥1,388 ♠1,433 )
- Spinning blades in front of the North-west shrine; control panel is up the ladder, south of the switch.
- Spinning blades on the ramp to the slave market; control panel is on the ground in the North-west corner before the gate. Do NOT hit the lever above the gate; that will activate the trap, even if it's been disabled.
- Spikes around the slave traps; use levers (see below) to disable them.
- Spinning blades before first gate to the end room (near the Magic Mouth saying "Keep out!"); control panel is on the ground to the south
- Spinning blades on ramp leading to the second gate to the end room; control panel is on the ground to the north.
- Spikes around the lever near the General Manager's chair; the lever there will activate them. The ACTUAL lever to open the gate to the chest is on the fountain to the southwest.
Tips and Misc
- To get past the various gates, you often need to shoot a lever above it (one of the nearby breakables will drop a bow and 10 arrows); the lever can be hit with a thrown weapon using Targeting Mode T.
- After going through the second gate, you must climb to the top of the guard tower in the middle of the yard and manually pull the lever at the top. You cannot get through the next gate (to the slave pens) without doing this.
- Many of the traps can be avoided by not activating the lever above the gate gem or next to the slave pen door. Look for other levers nearby.
- For the final gate, shoot the left-hand lever above the gate.
- In general, only shoot targets that have a gem immediately below them (i.e. within a foot or two below the target lever) and only pull levers that you can see an unlit gem behind the handle.
- In short, only use the levers marked in red on the map.
- The Bazaar has many Magic Mouths spread all over being used as advertisement for the Bazaar.
- The logbook is due south of the entrance, and is guarded by the First Mate and Nakar Brightedge.
- The slave market is to the North-west; the lever above the gate will activate the spinning blades, even if the trap's already been disabled.
- The House Deneith mercenaries will be along the river on the way to the slave market. There will be a break in the fence to the north, and a path down. The mercenaries are one battle cleric and several men at arms, all Humans, CR ♠12Elite. You can spur them by talking to them.
- The levers by the gates to the slave pens will activate spikes; to open the pens, you need to flip the lever up the stairs to the west, and then the 5 levers on the bottom row in the newly-opened North-west pen. The lever above the five will activate spikes in that pen.
- The way the tiny Manager sits on top of the large General Manager is reminiscent of Master Blaster in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, even including the compound name. The kobold "Manager" refers in combat dialogue to his minotaur mount/guard as "The General".
- Discreet bonus: 28 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.( ♣50 ♦89 ♥94 ♠99 )
- Aggression bonus: 101 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣100 ♦178 ♥188 ♠199 )
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.( ♣100 ♦178 ♥188 ♠199 )
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.( ♣201 ♦356 ♥376 ♠397 )
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.( ♣301 ♦533 ♥565 ♠596 )
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣80 ♦142 ♥151 ♠159 )
- Vandal bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣100 ♦178 ♥188 ♠199 )
- Ransack bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣150 ♦267 ♥282 ♠298 )
- Chests: Three minimum
- One near the Assassination Logbook
- One in the slave pen with the switches for the other pens
- One after killing the General Manager and Manager
- Collectables: Four
- Cabinet west of the Logbook
- Two Adventurer's Packs in slave pens
- Cabinet in the South-east corner of the central market
- NPC rewards: Selection of 4 random items, ML1–4
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Blood Tide Archer (hobgoblin) ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Blood Tide Creeper ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Pirate ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Blood Tide Sharpshooter ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard ●♠45Epic Elite||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Skirmisher ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite ●♦20Epic Normal ●♥28Epic Hard||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Blood Tide Skulker ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♠11Elite ●♥28Epic Hard||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Blood Tide Sorcerer ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥?Epic Hard ●♠29Epic Elite||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Spellsplicer ( view • edit )||♥10Hard ♠13Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Blood Tide Spiritcaller ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard||Orc||Orc|
|First Mate ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♠13Elite ●♥31Epic Hard ●♠46Epic Elite||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|General Manager ( view • edit )||♥11Hard ♠14Elite ●♦24Epic Normal ●♥33Epic Hard||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Manager ( view • edit )||♥11Hard ♠15Elite ●♦23Epic Normal ●♥32Epic Hard ●♠49Epic Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Nakar Brightedge ( view • edit )||♥11Hard ♠14Elite ●♦23Epic Normal ●♥32Epic Hard||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Shackle ( view • edit )||♥11Hard ♠14Elite ●♦23Epic Normal ●♥32Epic Hard||Goblinoid||Bugbear|
|Slave (troll) ( view • edit )||♥9Hard ♠12Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥30Epic Hard||Giant||Troll|
|Water Elemental ( view • edit )||●♦22Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Elemental||Water Elemental|
- Sentinels of Stormreach chain quests
- Sentinels of Stormreach quests
- Epic quests
- Medium quests
- The Bargain Bazaar quests
- House Deneith quests
- House Deneith patron quests
- Pay to Play quests
- Quests by name
- Compendium:Level 7 (20 epic) quests
- Level 20 quests
- Level 7 quests
- Quests with 4 base favor reward
- Quests with maps
- Links to YouTube
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Epic quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Sentinels of Stormreach quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 4 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 20 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 7 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > House Deneith quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > House Deneith patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > Sentinels of Stormreach chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > The Bargain Bazaar quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > YouTube links > Links to YouTube