The evil mage Valak is believed to be dead. This will be little comfort if you must face him in combat.
|Requires access to : Delera's Tomb|
|Takes place in:||Valak's Mausoleum|
|Bestowed by:||Dead Girl|
|NPC contact:||Dead Girl|
|Quest acquired in:||Delera's Graveyard|
|Free to Play:||No|
A young girl known only as 'Dead Girl' asked you to retrieve her dead mentor's spellbook in order to finish her studies. Venture into Valak's tomb and retrieve the book.
NOTE: This quest is referred to as "Dead Girl's Spellbook" in your Quest Journal.
- Acquire Dead Girl's spellbook
- Slay Valak
- Finish before time runs out (30 minutes)
- (Optional) Slay Valak's Firstborn — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Collapsible floor
- Maze (fixed layout)
- Timed quest (30 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Valak is not killed and the spellbook is not picked up before the time runs out)
Three blade traps in the corridor north of the second (maze) room. (Trap DCs)
- One at the top of the first set of stairs; control box is on the east wall.
- One at the bottom of the first set stairs; control box is on the west wall.
- One at the top of the second set of stairs; control box is on the east wall.
Tips and Misc
- This is a timed (30 minutes) quest. It contains many undead and quite a few traps, so a Rogue can be helpful in here.
- There are several levers and valves in this quest; pulling (or turning) any of them will spawn several skeletons and break the nearby coffins without them counting for breakables, so smash those first.
- When you head down the stairs in the third room, skeleton archers will spawn on either side above you.
- Valak's Firstborn can be found near the fourth sets of levers, behind a secret door south of the western lever.
- With a good enough jump score, the spike gates that close in the two water lever rooms (east and west) can be jumped, thus avoiding the need to fight the spawns.
- Aggression bonus: 67 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 83 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 107 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 for killing Valak's Firstborn (Skeleton, found near the fourth sets of levers, behind a secret door south of the western lever)
- 1 at the end for killing Valak (Arcane Skeleton)
- Collectables: 6
- Mushroom in the second room, near the lever (to the east as you enter)
- Bookcase in the southeast corner of the third room, on the lower level
- Adventurer's Pack down the left-hand fork
- Rubble in the water, in the northwest corner of the fourth room
- Mushroom on a ledge in the eastern side room of the fifth room (upper level)
- Crude Altar in northeast boss room
- NPC rewards: Rose diamond (worth 500 pp) You only get this if you choose the option to ask for extra, not the one to destroy the book.
|Arcane Skeleton (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Armored Wight (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Greater Arcane Skeleton (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Greater Fire Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Skeleton Archer (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Arcus (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Knight Captain (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Knight (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Valak's Firstborn (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Wight Priest (view)||Undead||Wight|