Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The evil mage Valak is believed to be dead. This will be little comfort if you must face him in combat.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Heroic XP:||♣900Solo/Casual ♦1,600Normal ♥1,700Hard ♠1,800Elite|
|Takes place in:||Valak's Mausoleum|
|Bestowed by:||Dead Girl|
|NPC contact:||Dead Girl|
|Quest acquired in:||Delera's Graveyard|
|Purchase:||Delera's Tomb or VIP|
A young girl known only as 'Dead Girl' asked you to retrieve her dead mentor's spellbook in order to finish her studies. Venture into Valak's tomb and retrieve the book.
NOTE: This quest is referred to as "Dead Girl's Spellbook" in your Quest Journal.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Acquire Dead Girl's spellbook
- Slay Valak
- Finish before time runs out (30 minutes)
- (Optional) Slay Valak's Firstborn — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣90 ♦160 ♥170 ♠180 )
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Collapsible floor
- Maze (fixed layout)
- Timed quest (30 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Valak is not killed and the spellbook is not picked up before the time runs out)
Three blade traps in the corridor north of the second (maze) room. (Trap DCs)
- One at the top of the first set of stairs; control panel is on the east wall.
- One at the bottom of the first set stairs; control panel is on the west wall.
- One at the top of the second set of stairs; control panel is on the east wall.
Tips and Misc
- This is a timed (30 minutes) quest.
- It contains 3 nasty blade traps in the middle, so a Rogue that is able to disable traps can be helpful in here.
- There are several levers and valves in this quest; pulling (or turning) any of them will spawn several skeletons and break the nearby coffins without them counting for breakables, so smash those first.
- When you head down the stairs in the third room, skeleton archers will spawn on either side above you.
- Valak's Firstborn can be found near the fourth sets of levers, behind a secret door south of the western lever.
- With a good enough jump score, the spike gates that close in the two water lever rooms (east and west) can be jumped, thus avoiding the need to fight the spawns.
- Aggression bonus: 67 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣90 ♦160 ♥170 ♠180 )
- Onslaught bonus: 83 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣135 ♦240 ♥255 ♠270 )
- Conquest bonus: 107 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣225 ♦400 ♥425 ♠450 )
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.( ♣180 ♦320 ♥340 ♠360 )
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.( ♣90 ♦160 ♥170 ♠180 )
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣72 ♦128 ♥136 ♠144 )
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣90 ♦160 ♥170 ♠180 )
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣135 ♦240 ♥255 ♠270 )
- Chests: 2
- 1 for killing Valak's Firstborn (Skeleton, found near the fourth sets of levers, behind a secret door south of the western lever)
- 1 at the end for killing Valak (Arcane Skeleton)
- Collectables: 6
- Mushroom in the second room, near the lever (to the east as you enter)
- Bookcase in the southeast corner of the third room, on the lower level
- Adventurer's Pack down the left-hand fork
- Rubble in the water, in the northwest corner of the fourth room
- Mushroom on a ledge in the eastern side room of the fifth room (upper level)
- Crude Altar in northeast boss room
- NPC rewards: Rose diamond (base value 500 pp). You only get this if you choose the 1st option, to give the girl the vile book, not the 2nd option to destroy the book.
- Note that this is not a reward of "500 platinum", as you still have to sell the diamond. In practice, this should be worth around 50 to 150 platinum, depending on your Haggle score.
- As far as is known, there is no further effect for choosing one over the other, except for your own personal role-playing purposes.
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Arcane Skeleton ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite ●♦27Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Undead||Skeleton|
|Armored Wight ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠9Elite ●♦27Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Undead||Wight|
|Ghast ( view • edit )||♦3Normal ♥5Hard ♠7Elite ●♥31Epic Hard||Undead||Ghast|
|Greater Arcane Skeleton ( view • edit )||♦3Normal ♥5Hard ♠8Elite ●♦25Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard ●♠45Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Greater Fire Mephit ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥27Epic Hard OR Summoned by another mephit: ♠6Elite||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Skeleton Archer ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite ●♦25Epic Normal ●♥29 - 31Epic Hard ●♠45Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Arcus ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠10Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Knight Captain ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Knight ( view • edit )||♦4Normal ♥6Hard ♠8Elite ●♦25Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard ●♠45Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Valak's Firstborn ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♠10Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Valak ( view • edit )||♦8Normal ♠12Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Wight Priest ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠9Elite ●♦25Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Undead||Wight|
|Wraith ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠10Elite ●33Epic ●♦27Epic Normal||Undead||Wraith|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Delera's Tomb quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 4 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 6 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Delera's Graveyard quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > House Jorasco patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Valak's Mausoleum quests