The Depths of Despair
Somewhere beneath the streets of Deneith, the reptilian creature called Sslysk has made his lair.
|The Depths of Despair|
|Takes place in:||The Depths of Despair|
|Bestowed by:||Neville Stormhammer|
|NPC contact:||Neville Stormhammer|
|Quest acquired in:||Hammersmith's Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Neville Stormhammer has asked you to enter the sewers beneath the Deneith ward and slay the troglodyte Sslysk.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Sslysk
- Explore the sewer below House Deneith
- (Optional) Locate the entrance to sewer level 2 — Bonus (5%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay The Eater — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay T'sarin — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Granite — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (The Depths of Darkness)
- Spike traps in the corridor north of the shrine, in the water (with a chest between them). The western control panel is on the north wall; the eastern control panel is on the south wall. The western control panel disables all the spikes; however, the eastern control panel seems to leave one spike (the north westernmost) in play. (Search & Spot DCs).
Tips and Misc
- This is the first quest of 4 related quests. While each quest must be obtained, and rewarded, individually, the quest givers are all clustered at the same table in the Hammersmith's Inn. Each quest may be entered separately from House Deneith, or done in sequence. The order of the 4 quests is
- There is a much wider range of monsters in this dungeon than in most dungeons; be prepared for a little bit of everything.
- To finish quickly without doing optionals, head west, then south. There is no need to go through the other sections.
- After killing Sslysk, the entrance to The Depths of Darkness is in the next room.
- The Eater, T'sarin, and Granite may each appear in one of three spots: in the corridor before the shrine; in the westernmost corridor; or in the southernmost corridor.
- When you slay The Eater, you get a DM message of "Only one room left to explore..." no matter how little you've actually explored.
- When you open (not unlock) one of the two locked gates, the other automatically unlocks as well.
- Aggression bonus: 25 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 32 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 40 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 - 4
- 1 in the corridor south of the entrance, in the water
- 1 for killing the minotaur warrior (found in the northern section of the fourth north-south corridor, behind the locked door)
- 1 optional for killing The Eater/T'sarin/Granite (Rust Monster/Troglodyte Shaman/Earth Elemental, they don't always spawn, mutually exclusive, found in the southern corridor)
- 1 at the end for killing Sslysk (Troglodyte)
- Collectables: Six
- Adventurer's Pack in the northwest corner
- Mushroom in the western section of the second east-west corridor (counting from the entrance)
- Rubble in the westernmost point of the third east-west corridor
- Mushroom just before the shrine
- Mushroom in the northern section of the second north-south corridor
- Rubble in the southernmost point of the third north-south corridor
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Arcane Skeleton ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Black Widow ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Ghast ( view • )||Undead||Ghast|
|Glass Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Granite ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Gray Ooze ( view • )||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hell Hound ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Large Violet Slime ( view • )||Ooze||Violet Slime|
|Medium Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Minotaur Warrior ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Rust Monster ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Skeleton Archer ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Swordsman ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton ( view • )||QL1:; QL2: ; QL3: ; QL?:||Undead||Skeleton|
|Sslysk ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|T'sarin ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|The Eater ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Troglodyte Shaman ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Troglodyte ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Wight ( view • )||QL2:; QL3:||Undead||Wight|
|Zombie ( view • )||QL1:; QL2/QL3:||Undead||Zombie|