|Takes place in:||Stromvauld's Mine|
|Bestowed by:||Laird Stromvauld|
|NPC contact:||Laird Stromvauld|
|Quest acquired in:||Anvilfire Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Laird Stromvauld's engineers have gone missing. After two parties failed to return from their expeditions, no one has been willing to enter the mine to discern their whereabouts. Unwilling to write his men off, Stromvauld has hired you to search for any traces of the engineers missing within the mine.
- Locate the missing engineers (11 total)
- Defeat the drow leader, Xandria Lok'kalerin
- Free the chief engineer
- (Optional) Collect the remaining rare gems (5 total) — Bonus (40%): Heroic
- (Optional) Destroy the elementals (4 Greater Earth Elementals) — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Milos Baron — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Boro Charldon — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Deqren Marzat — Bonus (20%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Ability check (optional: 1 lever that requires a Strength check)
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 11 corpses and optional: 5 gems)
Five total. Several fire traps (furnaces); one wind gust, panel is in the rocks on the climb up; one lightning, panel is on the near side. Many can be disabled, avoid walking in front of things that look like they can shoot fire (furnace).
Tips and Misc
- The Drow Hunters do extra cold damage; the Drow Wizards use Lightning Bolt, and there are flame traps and (possibly, see below) fire elementals.
- The optionals can more than double your final XP and are well worth doing; in particular, the three optional boss fights are fairly easy (you can range them from higher up).
- The gate to the earth elementals are opened with a strength based lever. STR needed to open: 19.
- The earth elementals can be an extremely tough battle; all four wake up as soon as you open the chest, and at least one will be close enough to attack immediately. The loot in the chest is decent, however, as is the XP bonus.
- The "missing engineers" that you need to find are corpses, and the first are not until the upper level of the first large room. They can be hard to spot from a distance since they are almost the same color as the floor in many cases. Keep a careful eye out for them; Q (the default key for selecting interactables) is your friend.
- Hirelings can also be used to successfully retrieve corpses; if you focus on the corpses, command the Hireling to interact. The Hireling will usually try to reach the corpses, which can be useful if you cannot clearly see the path to its location, but have it in focus.
- The optional missing gems spawn in random locations; keep your eyes open as they are worth a full 40% of your base XP.
- Once you descend down the ladder to the room where the first drow peasants are laboring away, two Greater Fire Elementals will spawn if you climb back up the ladder.
- The southern chest in the last room is three levels above the ground floor.
- The final objective, "free the chief engineer", doesn't appear in your objectives list until you open the gate at the end of the quest
- Aggression bonus: 37 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- NPC rewards: In the +2 / +3 range
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Boro Charldon ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Death Stalker ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Deqren Marzat ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Barbarian Shaman ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Barbarian ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Bard ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Captain ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Guardian ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Hunter ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Man-at-Arms ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Peasant ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Priest ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Slayer ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Wizard ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Greater Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Greater Fire Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Fire Elemental|
|Large Rust Monster ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Milos Baran ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Monarch Scorpion ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Night Scorpion ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Xandria Lok'kalerin ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|