Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Murder by Night
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking the edit link above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
This large home has been transformed into a field hospital to care for the many people injured during the recent Drow attacks.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Murder by Night|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,146Solo/Casual ♦3,706Normal ♥3,835Hard ♠3,964Elite|
|Takes place in:||Eveningstar War Hospital|
|Bestowed by:||Delethir Mistveil|
|NPC contact:||Delethir Mistveil|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Purchase:||Menace of the Underdark|
The Head Priest of the hospital where the war wounded are being treated has been murdered. Go to Eveningstar War Hospital and investigate the slaying.
- Eveningstar War Hospital is located at the far western edge of Eveningstar village, south of the King's Forest gate.
- It is also the entry for the Level 17 quest Outbreak – make sure you select the quest you want.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Investigate the Head Priest's death
- Kill the werewolf
- Search the hospital
- Escort villagers to the main door - 8 total
- Investigate the priests' office
- Unlock the main door
- Slay Ogiyon Tomain
- (Optional) Help all Wounded Purple Dragon Knights (6 total) — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣429 ♦741 ♥767 ♠793 )
Tips and Misc
- To achieve the optional, you need to unlock two doors. (Lock DC)
- The quest is very straightforward. 100% werewolves, so bring your silver weapons/ammo.
- Buff up and talk to the injured knight; he'll change, and is a mini-boss. The door unlocks once he's dead.
- You start in the southwest corner, so just work down the hall; open doors, rescue villagers and knights, kill were(wolves).
- Villagers here don't die, so don't worry about protecting them.
- Work to the east, leading villagers toward that room; once there, they'll wait at that door. It will be locked, so go down the unlocked (northernmost) hall, clear that.
- (Optional) The optional for "Help all Wounded Purple Dragon Knights" lies behind 2 locked doors.
- Ignore the sealed door (last on the left in northernmost wing), it does not open during the quest.
- Leading the last villagers to the eastern room unlocks and opens the middle hall and gives you a mini-boss to fight, and the only shrine.
- Buff and open the door for the biggest fight so far.
- Break the vase near high priest's bed (on the floor by the fireplace) and take key for the front door. The obvious chest is locked, the one in the secret room (southwest corner, far left) is not.
- Unlock the exit door. First the villagers all become werewolves; after you kill them then the real end-fight arrives from "outside". Kill Ogiyon and his pack. The boss is a big bag of hit points.
- Once you save the wounded knights, they will patrol the halls. This is mostly unnecessary, but if they do manage to get themselves killed they will not count against the optional. However, if you kite Ogiyon Tomain back to the knights you'll learn that some of the knights have also become infected and will turn into Wolf Knights.
- Killing Infected villagers and knights do not count towards the overall kill count.
- Trivia: Ogiyon Tomain is an anagram of Inigo Montoya. (DDO Forums) You killed his pack, prepare to die.
- Aggression bonus: 44 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣215 ♦371 ♥384 ♠396 )
- Chests: 3–4
- 1 locked in High Priest's room
- 1 other in High Priest's room (doesn't always spawn)
- 1 in High Priest's room (behind secret door)
- 1 end chest (can drop commendations)
- Collectables: 3
- Cabinet in the first northern room in the north wing
- Cabinet in the room at the end of the west wing
- Adventurer's Pack in High Priest's room, in the cubbyhole
- NPC rewards: ML:~20 items
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Ogiyon Tomain ( view • edit )||♦22Normal ♥26Hard ♠32Elite||Monstrous Humanoid||Werewolf|
|Priestess of Amaunator ( view • edit )||Humanoid||Human|
|Werewolf ( view • edit )||♠29Elite||Monstrous Humanoid||Werewolf|
|Winter Wolf ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠10Elite||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Winter Wolf ( view • edit )||♦17Normal ♥20Hard ♠25Elite ●33Epic ●♦28Epic Normal ●♥32Epic Hard||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Wolf Knight ( view • edit )||♦21Normal ♥25Hard ♠31Elite||Monstrous Humanoid||Werewolf|
|Wolf ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite||Animal||Wolf|
|Wolf ( view • edit )||♥15Hard ♠23Elite ●31Epic ●♦19Epic Normal||Animal||Wolf|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Menace of the Underdark quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 6 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 19 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Eveningstar quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > Purple Dragon Knights patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Eveningstar War Hospital quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums