Gladewatch Outpost Defense
Gladewatch Outpost has been attacked many times since the upsurge of violence in the Xen'drik wilderness.
|Gladewatch Outpost Defense|
|Takes place in:||The Marketplace|
|Bestowed by:||Loghan d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Loghan d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
This quest is a Level 6 version of Kobold Assault, and a very long, difficult defense quest at level. Prior to Update 7, any Enemies touching the interior of the fort would cause immediate failure. This objective was changed to keeping commander Tesara alive. Even with the changes, it is a slow way to earn experience.
- Wait for the commander to unlock the lever.
- Kill Ogre Leader.
- (Failure) Commander Tesara must survive.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Commander Tesara dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Commander Tesara)
Tips and Misc
- The map is the same as that for Kobold Assault.
- There is a total of roughly 250-325 mobs, but unlike in Kobold Assault, the objective window does not display how many mobs are still left. The mobs also won't continue to spawn after you've completed the quest.
- There is a secondary entrance to the Outpost, to the right of the commander's initial position. Stealthy hobgoblin infiltrators and bugbear assassins enter this way.
- The commander can be healed and buffed. Talking to her while she is not fighting and making a successful skill check (Bluff , Diplomacy , or Intimidate ) causes her to follow the player. Talking her again causes her to stand still. In either mode, she will move to attack any monster that she sees.
- It seems that Commander Tesara inevitably leaves the protection of the outpost during the quest. As such, the healer on duty is overworked because healing Tesara to keep her alive also strains his duties of keeping his party members alive (two healers would be easier). Keeping her in the back of the outpost or keeping the infiltrators out will reduce the chances of this event.
- The easy way to protect Commander Tesera is to take her out the side entrance and circle the north side of the map to the western roadblock and post her there. No monsters spawn at that point. Then simply move your party into a defense near the shrines and slay monsters.
- Another safe location is take her out the main entrance and follow the wall south-east, parking her in the corner; this is out of the sight range of both her and monsters - unless the party accidentally leads some there!
- It is not recommended to hide her where the fortress and the edge of the map form an alcove. Bugbear assassins can find their way up there, and if she has any line-of-sight to any mobs she will rush to fight them, leaving her assigned location and usually dying in the process, thus causing quest failure.
- Nearly all attacks on the secondary entrance of the outpost are done in stealth, so a high spot / listen would make defense of this entrance easier. The attacks at this entrance are all from the two types of infiltrators; no other class will try to use this entrance.
- Remember that spells such as Glitterdust and Web expose stealthy creatures.
- The Ogre Leader you kill to complete the quest actually makes his appearance on a timer, 15 minutes after the gate opens. If you can manage to hide yourself and Commander Tesera until the Ogre Leader shows up, you can complete the quest with only the single required kill.
- Minor bug: It is unclear if this is by working as intended or just an oversight, but upon completion, if you exit via the door, you exit the quest in front of Guard Crichton in the Harbor - the quest giver for Kobold Assault, the other quest that takes place on the Gladewatch Outpost map. You'll have to go back to the north Marketplace to get your reward from Loghan d'Deneith. If you choose "Finish", you exit where you entered the quest.
- Conquest bonus: 28 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- 1 at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Commander Tesara's Skill DCs|