The freaks are all about when the Phiarlan Carnival hits town! It’s a circus of depravity and danger, and you have front-row seats for the show. Four new extensive dungeon adventures are coming your way when the Phiarlan Carnival arrives. But the lights and the glitter hide a terrible darkness, and you’re acting without a net when you confront the Phiarlan Carnival!
Before Update 5, this Adventure Pack had been advertised as "The Carnival of Shadow" which is the traveling circus of House Phiarlan, filled with illusion, acrobatics, and exotic creatures and entertainers from across Khorvaire. In fact you will see that in this quest chain. Below are more details about the quests that make up this Adventure Pack.
 Quests By Favor
 Reward List
The end reward of the whole chain given by NPC "Rouge" after completing all of above quests (called The Maleficent Cabal in your quest journal) is a mix of items that can be pulled from one of the optional chests in the chain (e.g. Grim's Bracelet), as well as several items gainable solely from here, and 1-2 items of random loot. So a player has the chance to pull an item directly in one of the quests or get it at the end of the chain. Since Update 7, pieces of the Korthos sets (including the necklaces!) have been appearing as well, though these seem to be in *addition* to the unique Phiarlan items, rather than replacing them. The random items are BtA; the Korthos items are all BtC.
Note that you can talk to Rouge and run the chain again - in any order, as long as you do all four quests - for another reward.
Following is the list of items that can only be acquired by completing the chain.
All items are Bound to Account on Acquire other than the wands and the Shield, which are Bound to Character.
- Antique Greataxe - +2 AdamantineAdamantine: Adamantine weapons may bypass the damage reduction of certain items and creatures. Greataxe: ForceForce: This weapon is humming with magical force. It deals an additional 1d6 force damage on a successful hit. [ML: 4]
- Battered Phiarlan Shield - +3 Large Shield: Acid GuardAcid:, Absorb Enchantment Spells (5 charges, recharged 5/day) [ML: 4]
- Brimstone Verge - Wand: Burning Hands, Combustion +48Combustion +48: Provides a +48 Equipment bonus to wearer's Fire Spell Power. [ML: 3, Exclusive]
- Chulchannad's Claw - Rune Arm: Cold Bolts (Maximum Charge Tier: II), Cold Absorption 10%Cold Absorption 10%: This effect absorbs 10% of all cold damage the character would have taken, after all other protections have been penetrated., Inherent (5) Cold ResistanceInherent (5) Cold Resistance: This property absorbs the first 5 stacking points of cold damage per attack that the wearer would normally take., Rune Arm Imbue: Cold I, Craftable Rune Arm (+3) [ML: 5, BtA]
- Full Plate of the Ringleader - +3 Adamantine Full plate: Command [ML: 4]
- Illusionist's Garb - Robe: Intelligence +3 Intelligence +3: This item focuses the power of the wearer's mind, granting a +3 enhancement bonus to Intelligence., Will Save +2Will Save +2: This item gives a +2 resistance bonus to your Will saving throws., Hypnotic Pattern [ML:4]
- Ring of Elemental Essence - Ring: Glaciation +36Glaciation +36: Provides a +36 Equipment bonus to wearer's Cold Spell Power., Combustion +36Combustion +36: Provides a +36 Equipment bonus to wearer's Fire Spell Power., Magnetism +36Magnetism +36: Provides a +36 Equipment bonus to wearer's Electricity Spell Power., Power III [ML: 3]]
- Roderic's Wand - Wand: Summon Unknown Monster [ML: 3, Exclusive]
- Utility Vest - +3 Leather: Disable Device +5Disable Device +5: Provides a +5 competence bonus to the wearer's Disable Device which is an Active Intelligence based skill which can be used to disarm traps in dungeons. Requires that the control box of the trap has been located by a successful Search check. If the Disable Device check succeeds, you disable the trap. If it fails by < 5, you have failed but can try again. If you fail by 5+ the control box explodes (causing some damage to those in an area around the box) and can't be used again (the trap will remain dangerous, of course!). Using this skill consumes one thieves' tool., Open Lock +5Open Lock +5: Provides a +5 competence bonus to the wearer's Open Lock which is an Active Dexterity based skill which allows you to attempt to open locked doors, chests, and other objects. Using the skill consumes one thieves’ tool., Dexterity +2 Dexterity +2: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. [ML: 4]
NOTE: Named items that can appear on this quest arc's end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc.