|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
|Requires access to adventure pack: Phiarlan Carnival|
Like other taverns in Stormreach, the Golden Wing Inn hosts many shady dealing in its back rooms.
|Heroic XP:||♣1,152 ♦2,060 ♥2,200 ♠2,340|
|Epic XP:||♣11,492 ♦14,240 ♥14,450 ♠14,660|
|Takes place in:||Golden Wing Side Entrance|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||No|
A Halfling named Roderic Nettle has been supplying the Maleficent Cabal with equipment. But now, Orchre wants you to pump Nettle for information on the Cabal, beating it from him if necessary.
Nettle is currently in the kitchens of the Golden Wing Inn of the House Phiarlan Enclave. Go through the Golden Wing Kitchen Entrance to avoid alerting him.
- This is the third quest in the Phiarlan Carnival story arc
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and interrogate Roderic Nettle
- Gather the entire party near Roderic Nettle
- Appears multiple times; each time, he'll summon several creatures and then disappear
- Slay Garos
- (Optional) Slay Thassnoss the Mad (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Mandible (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Rusty (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Do not awaken the sleeping dogs (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Get the letter from the mailbox and return it to Mistress Gillea (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/re-spawning monsters
- Fire trap in the Incinerator. No control panel; jets are turned on/off with the valve in the center
- Blade trap east of the Incinerator, south corridor; control box is on the south wall, west (Incinerator side) of the trap
- Fire trap east of the Incinerator, north corridor junction; control box is on the east wall, between the trap and corridor
- Fire trap in Tanner's Alley, up north ladder; control box is on the north wall before the corner
- Air trap in Tanner's Alley; control box is on the east wall before the trap
Tips and Misc
- This quest has several valves throughout that are eye-candy only. They will be valves up on pipes that are not actionable.
- When you reach the room with the four open cisterns, the northeast cistern leads to a shrine (To access the shrine, do not touch the valves! The water will give you the reach needed for the ladder). The northwest one leads to a dead end. The southwest one is back where you came from. Valves turn off water in three, but you must swim in the fourth (southeast).
- Thassnoss the Mad may appear south of the Incinerator; you must jump and catch a ladder over a swimming pit. He might be either directly at the top of the ladder or behind a secret door.
- Mandible may appear north of the Incinerator, through the water tunnel, on a platform with moss. Keep going north past the disable-able fire traps.
- Several points between sections are swim tunnels where once you get into the flow, water will force you into breathing zones, take a breath and swim the rest of the way. Be sure to use the shrines in the area before continuing.
- When you emerge from the first swim zone, you will ultimately climb ladders and walk on rooftops to get to the next sections of the quest.
- Breaking your sneak to pull the lever will not awaken the dogs. After you go through the tunnel, the optional will be completed, and it doesn't matter if you wake - or kill - the dogs, if you just want to send the stealthiest member through while the others wait on the roof.
- When you come across the air trap, walk along the pipes. If you are having trouble with the hell-hounds right after this, lure them onto the roof with the wind trap, let it blow you across the way and shoot the hell-hounds from safety. When doing this trick, make sure to retreat to the far wall - their fire breath will still be able to reach you otherwise.
- The valve to open the underwater door will remain locked until you defeat the hell-hounds.
- Make sure all your members are down in the final courtyard before you approach Roderick! A force-field will appear across the entrance when he summons Garos. This can actually be a quest-breaker, if the entire/majority of the party is on the wrong side of the ladder once he starts speaking.
- This has recently been updated so that party members outside the force field can get it to lower by being out of his line of sight. If there are no players for him to see or attack, the force field will lower, allowing members outside of it to enter. Then the field will raise again.
- Mass buffing around Garos during the conversation will actually buff Garos, after which you will fight him.
- Rusty will be found behind a small waterfall and tunnel, after Roderick summons him and then shoos him away. Rusty is a tough hitter but can be easily killed with ranged weapons by luring him into the tunnel you came from and standing close to the wall behind the hole with the ladder (If Rusty gets too close to the hole he will go back outside). The Sealed Letter for Mistress Gillea's optional will be in the destroyed mailbox.
- This quest is generally considered a friendly entry-level challenge for newcomers to epic questing.
- Aggression bonus: 62 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 39 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 49 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 60 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
External Links: CuriousGIS Quest Guide
- Chests: 3 - 5
- 1 optional for killing Thassnoss the Mad (Troglodyte Caster, doesn't always spawn, found south of the Incinerator; you must jump and catch a ladder over a water pit)
- 1 optional for killing Mandible (Spider, doesn't always spawn, found north of the Incinerator, through the water tunnel, on a platform with moss)
- 1 for killing Crateos (Construct)
- 1 optional for killing Rusty (Rust Monster, found behind a small waterfall and tunnel, after Roderick summons him and then shoos him away)
- 1 at the end for killing Garos (Abishai)
- Collectables: Six
- Moss south of the Incinerator, up the ladder
- Adventurer's Pack in the same spot, behind a secret door
- Rubble east of the Incinerator, up the south ladder
- Moss in the northern room past the Incinerator
- Adventurer's Pack on the roof above the ladder from the second swim tunnel, in Prospect Lane
- Rubble near the mailbox
- NPC rewards: +1/+2 items (choose from 8)
- Garos' Malice - +2 Shortsword: Flaming, Sneak Attack Bonus +3 (ML:4, BtA) (End chest)
- Noxious Fang - +2 Returning Throwing Dagger: Poison, Fortitude Save +2 (Mandible's chest)
- Air Mephits
- Giant Rats
- Malefic Fire Breather - Tiefling
- Malefic Knife Throwers - Tieflings
- Malefic Seers - Tiefling clerics
- Malefic Strongmen - Tieflings
- Ochre Jellies
- Sand Mephit
- Watch Dogs
- Crateos - Red-named crate monster (No, really. It's a monster formed out of crates...); always spawns, immune to Pure Good, DR/- (epic version immune to Fire/Ice/Acid/Electric/Pure Good/Negative/Light/Lawful)
- Garos - Red-named red abishai, always spawns, immune to acid
- Mandible <Sewer Lurker> - Optional orange-named spider (CR 11 on elite)
- Rusty - Optional red-named rust monster; always spawns (CR 13 on elite)
- Thassnoss the Mad <Troglodyte Exile> - Optional orange-named troglodyte caster