Misery's Peak... the very name dampens resolve and bodes ill of things to come. What few return from this place are broken, twisted, deranged slaves of the Devourer. Will that be your fate?
|Takes place in:||Misery's Peak|
|NPC contact:||Rinar d'Thuranni|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Island|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Lars Heyton has a plan to rid Korthos Island of the ice dragon that's been besieging it. You are to meet Amalgam at Misery's Peak, the snowy mountain deep in the Korthos Island wilderness outside of the village.
- Learn Heyton's plan
- Find the Quori Mindsunder artifact
- Find a way to breach the barrier
- Activate the Signal Crystal control levers
- Slay the Ice Flenser
- Wait for an opportunity to strike
- Destroy the Quori Mindsunder
- Gather the entire party where Heyton awaits
- Speak with Lars Heyton
- Use Heyton's magical portal
- (Optional) Slay Frostbite, the spider queen — Bonus (35%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- You only get a reward the first time you finish this quest. Choose carefully, as this is the only time you can get the remaining set item to go with the rewards from Sacrifices.
- This adventure is of average difficulty.
- Throughout the mission are runes on the floor. You need to kill the zombies (often in the form of frozen statues) around them to lower the shields, and then step on them to activate them.
- If you ever get turned around in the tunnels, just remember that, despite some winding, you are heading south. Always SOUTH.
- There are lots of shrines in this quest - don't be shy with clickies, class boosts or spell power.
- In the large cavern maze, ice spiders can gang up on you, webbing you to death. Reflex save to avoid, followed by Strength checks to escape. Low Dexterity / low Strength (or any?) characters should not get separated from the party!
- Large cavern maze walk-through:
- For many, both new players and vets who have not run Misery's Peak in a while, the narrow trails in the large spider-filled cavern can easily get confusing. This is an easy route:
- 1) At the sealed door, take the ramp up. At the top, double back to your right (south-ish), and deal with the first zombie battle and floor rune.
- Hint: These runes, when activated, will send a beam of light across the cavern to the door they relate to.
- 2) Continue south, past the next ramp up (either side), to activate the next battle and floor rune.
- 3) Double back up that last ramp. That path will send you winding counter-clockwise around the upper part of the cavern wall, to the next zombie battle/floor rune, the purple crystal door, and the next shrine.
- 4) Just keep following that path counter-clockwise, to the last zombie battle. The path gets dark in places, but it's there.
- 5) When the path leaves the side of the cavern, it splits downward - veer left, to where you see the orange crystal room. Another lever (but no shrine). If you don't want the Spider optional, jump down and continue going south in the tunnel.
- 6) That's a dead-end, so for optional Frostbite, go back up and get back on the path counter-clockwise to the green crystal room, the only chest in the quest, and another shrine. Jump down - you know which way to go from here.
- If you want conquest, you will have to fully clear all the ice spiders in the large chamber three times. This is the fastest way, even though Devourer Acolytes, Disciples, and Minions also respawn in a couple of places.
- Aussircaex is the name of the white dragon being controlled. Darastrix Achthend is the name of the mindflayer controlling the dragon. Neither of them can be attacked or interacted with. (The only exception is in the chamber where Aussircaex sleeps, where you can target and attack her for a while, but she becomes non-selectable as soon as she starts chasing the other party.)
- Devourer Acolytes, Disciples, and Minions respawn in the room with the two round doors (where Aussircaex runs below you and you see "...the ruse is working!")
- You have to have your entire party gather at the end, and they must all be alive. Make sure no one goes AFK after they die.
- The mission is picked up from Amalgam in Korthos Island (near the dwarf trader's camp/shrines), but Rinar d'Thuranni in Korthos Village (on the foot of the dock) is where you turn it in for a reward.
- Aggression bonus: 113 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 147 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 180 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- 1 optional for killing Frostbite (Ice Spider, found in the large spider-filled cavern, in the southern shrine room, opened by the rune in the center of the room)
- NPC rewards:
- Anger's Gift - Necklace: , ,
- Arcane Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Archivist's Necklace - Necklace: Minor Mnemonic Enhancer (doesn't cure Feeblemind),
- Devoted Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Nimble Brooch - Necklace: , ,
- Pathfinder's Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Protector's Brooch - Necklace: , ,
- Troubleshooter's Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- See also: Korthos Island Sets for information on each set of gear.
|Aussircaex (view)||Dragon||White Dragon|
|Frostbite (spider) (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Devourer Acolyte (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Devourer Disciple (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Devourer Minion (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Dwarf Zombie (view)||QL?:QL3:||Undead||Zombie|
|Elf Zombie (view)||QL:1; QL:2/3:||Undead||Zombie|
|Ice Flenser (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Ice Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Quori Mindsunder (view)||0||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Wight (view)||QL2:; QL3:||Undead||Wight|
|Zombie (view)||QL1:; QL2/QL3:||Undead||Zombie|
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough
- Video Walkthrough: