Under the Big Top
The Traveling Troubadors [sic] arrived in Stormreach a few months ago. Like many freelance entertainers, they pay fees to House Phiarlan for the privilege of performing in their Enclave.
|Requires access to : Phiarlan Carnival|
|Under the Big Top|
|Takes place in:||The Traveling Troubadors|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||No|
Cerise tracked the Maleficent Cabal leader, Malicia, to the Traveling Troubadors in the House Phiarlan Enclave.
You've been tasked with going in and assassinating Malicia.
- This is the fourth and final quest in the Phiarlan Carnival story arc.
- Reach the entrance to the Big Top
- Speak with Yewil d'Phiarlan
- Enter the Big Top, then inform Yewil when you're ready to begin
- Defeat the cabal ringmaster, Malicia
- (Optional) Defeat Kron'zek, the Master Summoner Heroic: +20% Bonus. Epic: +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Bring Herli’nak the Untamed to heel Heroic: +15% Bonus. Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Ring the high striker bell Heroic: +5% Bonus. Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Win the high striker game Heroic: +5% Bonus. Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Play the high striker Heroic: +5% Bonus. Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Beat the high striker game Heroic: +5% Bonus. Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Parley with Maz'il'tilnik Heroic: +10% Bonus. Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Collect the Portal Inhibition Crystals for Maz'il'tilnik - 3 total Heroic: +10% Bonus. Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Give the Portal Inhibition Crystals to Maz'il'tilnik Heroic: +20% Bonus. Epic: +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Maz'il'tilnik Heroic: +20% Bonus. Epic: +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Puzzles (mandatory: puzzle wheels)
- Wheels of Ill-Fortune may be trapped on each turn, dealing either fire, sonic or electric damage. Some turns may also result in a group of tieflings or hellhounds (or combo thereof) teleporting in; disabling the traps will NOT prevent this.
- Wheel traps are a 49 reflex save on EPIC. (Saved on a 49. Failed on a 48)
- Control boxes can be found near each wheel, though not always next to each wheel.
- Blue Wheel - Across the way to the west, on the nose of the statue head by the wall
- Green Wheel - Across the way to the south, behind the altar in the tent
- Yellow Wheel in Sideshow Alley - Left of the wheel (fixed in Update 9)
- Yellow Wheel in Magician's Corner - North, in the tent, in the center of the ring
- Orange Wheel - North, on the big pillar inside the circle of tents (DM describes it as Red)
- Blue Wheel in the Midway - On the front of the altar to the west
- Purple Wheel - Just to the west (DM describes it as Red)
- In parties without trap skills, the damage can be minimised by either hopping up on of the round edges of each wheel to perch on top of it and then triggering the wheel and immediately jumping with featherfall, or turning the wheel from the side and quickly stepping to use the its supporting post to block the damage.
Tips and Misc
- A Small Problem, Partycrashers, and The Snitch must all be completed and flagged before acquiring this quest.
- Puzzle Wheel of Ill Fortune Solutions
- Blue = Yellow X
- Green = White Triangle
- Yellow in Sideshow Alley = Red Diamond
- Orange = Green Circle
- Yellow in Magician's Corner = UNNECESSARY
- Blue in the Midway = UNNECESSARY
- Purple = Yellow Square
- Prior to Update 8, the Orange and Purple wheels were both red; you had to match them with the Yellow or Blue wheel to unlock the gate.
- There are four Striker games. You "win" by getting the top purple gem to light up (random, strength does not matter at all) which results in four Cabal tieflings appearing. When they are killed, you complete the optional.
- Take care with the hellhounds on fire balls, as the explosion of the balls may knock you over and blind you. Ranged attacks are ideal.
- The "Magician's Boxes" spawn Magician's Assistants (zombies) when destroyed; these don't count towards your Kills bonus.
- In the final fight against Malicia, when she's reduced to about half her hitpoints, she'll summon several Tieflings and Hellhounds to help. She has a Charm attack, as well as Sneak Attack.
- The optionals for Kron'zek, Herli'nak and Maz'il'tilnik do not always appear.
- Bring Herli’nak the Untamed to heel: located in Kanine Korner.
- Defeat Kron'zek, the Master Summoner: located in the Troubador's [sic] Boneyard. Once you reach the second shrine, near the outhouses, follow the wall around to the right, go up the stairs and through the gate.
- Parley with Maz'il'tilnik: located in Magician's Corner. You can either choose to kill him or accept his proposal and get an extra chest. You get the same amount of XP either way. If you choose to fight him, he'll call in a few other tieflings and hellhounds to help. (On higher difficulties, the extra kills MAY be enough for a kills bonus - but not on Normal)
- Give the Portal Inhibition Crystals to Maz'il'tilnik: the portal inhibition crystals are in 3 different chests in gazebos, which aren't very far away. Kill the tieflings surrounding each to unlock the chest.
- If you have too much DPS in end fight, Malicia can get stuck behind force field, invulnerable. If that happens, you can wait 5 minutes to make her vulnerable again.
- You will want to find someone with a high Disable device to handle the Wheels of Ill-Fortune.
- After the second shrine, you can simply cast a Mass Invis and run straight for the end fight.
- Aggression bonus: 211 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 275 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 337 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 64 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: ** Kill bonus requires spinning whichever wheels did not open gates, it differs per instance, multiple times to spawn mobs. The other wheels stop spawning after their associated gate is opened.
- Chests: (+ 1 on epic)
- 1 optional for killing Herli'nak (Hellhound, doesn't always appear, found in the Kanine Korner)
- 1 optional for killing Kron'zek (Blue Abishai, doesn't always appear, found in the Troubadour's Boneyard)
- 1 optional for killing or parlaying with Maz'il'tilnik (Tiefling, doesn't always appear, found in the Magician's Corner)
- (+ 1 on epic) at the end for killing Malicia (Succubus)
- Collectables: Eleven
- Adventurer's Pack on a table in Sideshow Alley (near the Green Wheel of Ill-Fortune)
- Moss behind the tent with the altar in Sideshow Alley
- Moss behind fountain in Magician's Corner
- Rubble in the tents north of the Orange Wheel
- Adventurer's Pack in tent east of the Orange Wheel
- Moss south of the Orange Wheel
- Adventurer's Pack south of the entrance
- Rubble in Kanine Korner
- Mushroom north of the second set of shrines
- Mushroom in the Troubador's [sic] Boneyard, behind one of the wagons to the north
- Moss in the Forty Miler, north of the fourth High Striker game
- NPC rewards: Random item (choice from 8)
Named Chest Drop
- Kron'zek's Cruelty - +2 Scimitar: Shock, Maiming [ML: 4, BtA] (Kron'zek chest)
- Mask of Comedy - Helm: , , Good Hope (1/day) [ML: 5, BtA, Exclusive] (Mazi'il'tlinik's chest and Herli'nak's chest)
- The Big Top - Helm: (enhancement bonus), — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1) [ML:5, BtA] (End chest)
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 16:56:57 result from cache, age: 21:13:57 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)