The Shipwrecked Spy
A small island halfway between Dar Qat and Stormreach, the Azure Shoals is home to an isolated tribe of Drow natives
|Requires access to : The Path of Inspiration|
|The Shipwrecked Spy|
|Takes place in:||The Azure Shoals|
|Bestowed by:||Carthy Cave|
|NPC contact:||Carthy Cave|
|Quest acquired in:||The Inspired Quarter|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
One of Coin Lord Graden Wylkes's agents was stranded on an island while trying to return from Dar Qat. Wylkes would like you to rescue the shipwrecked spy.
Meet Captain Carthy Cave in the Inspired Quarter, who will take you to island where the spy is stranded.
- Speak with Captain Carthy Cave
- Repel the boarders
- Speak with the Captain
- Search the island for the spy
- (Failure) Protect Carthy Cave
- (Optional) Defeat the first wave of boarders — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defeat the second wave of boarders — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Keep the entire crew alive — Bonus (30%): Heroic
- (Optional) Find the stolen treasure — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Carthy Cave dies)
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 1 and optional: 5)
- Randomly placed quest item (optional: 1 crest)
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Resist elements: cold, fire
- Your job is to stop the invading boarders from killing the captain and the crew. The boarders approach in waves along the piers. The best way to try to stop them is to buff the crew (especially the captain, who thinks he is a bit of a fighting legend) and to use crowd control to make sure the mobs go to you and not the crew.
- Both on the ship and then on the island, be cautious of using spells like Charm Person; the quest does not advance until all enemies have been killed.
- Once you've killed the second wave of boarders, the red-named will appear.
- The warpriests love casting Cometfall.
- The first shrine is on shore once you have succeeded in keeping the captain alive.
- Continue on the path through the island until you've killed everything and you get to the drow village, where you'll find the spy. You can end the quest here or kill a few more things if you want conquest.
- The optional treasure is in the Volcanic Caves. Find the Crest of the Scorpion (three possible locations), put it in the door, kill a bunch of dudes, open the door and go and swim for the two chests in the lava tunnels.
- Aggression bonus: 47 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 74 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 4-5
- 1 for finishing the ship part (appears on the ship after killing all the boarders)
- 1 optional for keeping the entire crew alive (appears on the ship after killing all the boarders)
- 1 at the end for finding the spy (found at the second shrine)
- 2 optional behind a locked door for finding the stolen treasure (found inside a cave, you need a crest that can spawn in multiple locations to open the door)
- Collectables: One
- NPC rewards: Standard, list of 4 randomly generated items
|Kondo Solanum (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Dar Qat Archer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Dar Qat Assassin (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Dar Qat Soldier (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Drow Hunter (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Monk (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Shaman (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Wardancer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Inspired Dar Qat Warpriest (view)||Humanoid||Human|