Purge the Fallen Shrine
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Long ago, say the legends, a hero dared to oppose the cruel reign of King Raiyum. His remains are turned to dust, his crypt defiled, his true deeds forgotten.
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
|Purge the Fallen Shrine|
|Takes place in:||The Fallen Shrine|
|Bestowed by:||(Wilderness area walk-up)|
|NPC contact:||Bahir Khalidan|
|Quest acquired in:||Sands of Menechtarun|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
While exploring the Menechtarun, you located the Fallen Shrine. Legend has it that the Wizard-King Raiyum corrupted a great champion to his cause and ultimately entombed him here, in the embrace of the demons and outsiders whose powers Raiyum commanded. Search the shrine for the champion's burial chamber and the treasure it must contain.
- Re-light the Torches of Honor (9 in all)
- Defeat Checroun and his minions (kill 5)
- Find the remains of the Fallen Hero
- Consecrate the remains of the Fallen Hero
- Defeat Ashok, the Fallen Hero
- Speak to the spirit of Ashok Khalidan
Tips and Misc
- Walk up quest, which is bestowed by reaching the quest entrance
- Fire resist/protection recommended, cold-based attacks helpful
- Use death ward or wear a deathblock item. Cacodemons have vorpal claws.
- Useful weapons:
- Evil outsider bane
- Cold iron for demons
- Holy (holy burst greatsword + fire resistance + favored soul hireling == hot knife through butter (didn't even rest))
Walkthrough (thanks to)
An outsider killing fest, work your way through the one-way temple, killing off the demons and their friends. Light the torches as you go, and watch the alcoves for the shrine and chest.
When you do get to a crossroad, pick either way, they circle around and meet. Fight your way to the end, talk to the ghost and fight the wraith. Grab your loot and head back to Zawabi’s Refuge for your reward.
The reward here is given by Bahir Khalidan, located straight across from the tavern in Zawabi's Refuge.
- Aggression bonus: 45 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 59 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 72 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 (2 end chests, one random)
- Collectables: 2
- Adventurer's Pack next to third torch
- Adventurer's Pack next to sixth torch (the one near the shrines)
- NPC rewards: Random rewards
|Checroun (view)||Evil Outsider||Efreet|
|Ashok Khalidan (view)||Undead||Wraith|
|Avarice (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Hunger (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Memory (view)||Evil Outsider||Mephit|
|Thought (view)||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Cacodemon (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Fire Reaver (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Greater Fire Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Mephit of Fernia (view)||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Pyrodemon (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|