All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Protect Baudry's Interests
|Protect Baudry's Interests is the 1st quest in the Baudry Cartamon story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|Protect Baudry's Interests • Stop Hazadill's Shipment • Retrieve the Stolen Goods|
Baudry Cartamon is no simple trader. He has earned the respect of the Houses as well as the Coin Lords.
|Protect Baudry's Interests|
|Heroic XP:||♣228Solo/Casual ♦408Normal ♥436Hard ♠464Elite|
|Takes place in:||Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse|
|Bestowed by:||Tambor Smythe|
|NPC contact:||Baudry Cartamon|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
- After talking to Baudry -- "Baudry asked you to help his foreman, Tambor Smythe, protect his warehouse from an attack by one of his competitors. Tambor Smythe waits for you outside of Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse, on the South side of Stormreach Harbor."
- After talking to Tambor -- "Enter Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse, then defend the reinforced crate from kobolds intent on plunder. Hold off the looters until Tambor Smythe finishes setting up traps to stop the Kobolds!"
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Speak to Tambor Smythe
- Protect the Coin Lords' crate until Tambor finishes setting his traps (5 minutes)
- Slay at least 10 kobolds
What to Expect
- Timed quest (5 minutes)
- Protect a quest item (crate)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- After speaking to Baudry to get the quest, make sure to speak to Tambor Smythe outside the warehouse before you go in.
- Before speaking to Tambor inside the warehouse (which must be done to start the combat), destroy every destructible on the map like crates and barrels. Not only do you get the possible random loot, having all of the destructibles out of the way can help prevent your auto-targeting from selecting them instead of enemies to fire at.
- Although protecting the crate is an objective, the quest has been revamped and the box cannot be destroyed. The party can just AFK until the timer runs out, kill the ten required kobolds, and then complete.
- Kobold Shamans start to appear with about 1:30 left; they can do a *lot* of damage to the box, especially on Elite, in a very short time.
- Kobold shamans spawn in the South-west corner. Kobold Sneaks tend to spawn in the north corners, especially the North-west. Fighters tend to spawn in the East corners, especially the South-east.
- The timer doesn't start until you speak with Tambor Smythe, giving you plenty of time to buff, summon pets and smash crates beforehand.
- Tambor scurries around the box, setting traps for the duration. You can ignore him, as the kobolds will. At the end, any remaining kobolds will be caught under nets, and Tambor will give you the option to slay or release them.
- A chest spawns on the floor after you complete the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 7 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣23 ♦41 ♥44 ♠46 )
- Onslaught bonus: 10 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣34 ♦61 ♥65 ♠70 )
- Conquest bonus: 12 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣57 ♦102 ♥109 ♠116 )
- Mischief bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣18 ♦33 ♥35 ♠37 )
- Vandal bonus: 50 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣23 ♦41 ♥44 ♠46 )
- Ransack bonus: 61 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣34 ♦61 ♥65 ♠70 )
- Chests: 1
- 1 chest at the end
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom along the western wall
- Cabinet near southeastern corner
- NPC rewards: None. There is no end reward until the end of the story arc.
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Free to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Short quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 2 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 2 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Harbor quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Free Agents patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > A Man Named Baudry Cartamon chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > YouTube links > Links to YouTube