Protect Baudry's Interests
Baudry Cartamon is no simple trader. He has earned the respect of the Houses as well as the Coin Lords.
|Protect Baudry's Interests|
|Takes place in:||Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse|
|Bestowed by:||Tambor Smythe|
|NPC contact:||Baudry Cartamon|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
- After talking to Baudry -- "Baudry asked you to help his foreman, Tambor Smythe, protect his warehouse from an attack by one of his competitors. Tambor Smythe waits for you outside of Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse, on the South side of Stormreach Harbor."
- After talking to Tambor -- "Enter Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse, then defend the reinforced crate from kobolds intent on plunder. Hold off the looters until Tambor Smythe finishes setting up traps to stop the Kobolds!"
- Chapter 1 of the story arc A Man Named Baudry Cartamon.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak to Tambor Smythe
- (Failure) Protect the Coin Lords' crate until Tambor finishes setting his traps (5 minutes)
- Slay at least 10 kobolds
What to Expect
- Timed quest (5 minutes)
- Protect a quest item (crate)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the crate is destroyed)
Tips and Misc
- After speaking to Baudry to get the quest, make sure to speak to Tambor Smythe outside the warehouse before you go in.
- Although protecting the crate is an objective, the quest has been revamped and the box cannot be destroyed. The party can just AFK until the timer runs out, kill the ten required kobolds, and then complete.
- Kobold Shamans start to appear with about 1:30 left; they can do a *lot* of damage to the box, especially on Elite, in a very short time.
- Kobold shamans spawn in the SW corner. Kobold Sneaks tend to spawn in the north corners, especially the NW. Fighters tend to spawn in the East corners, especially the SE.
- The timer doesn't start until you speak with Tambor Smythe, giving you plenty of time to buff, summon pets and smash crates beforehand.
- Tambor scurries around the box, setting traps for the duration. You can ignore him, as the kobolds will. At the end, any remaining kobolds will be caught under nets, and Tambor will give you the option to slay or release them.
- A chest spawns on the floor after you complete the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 7 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 10 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 12 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 50 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 61 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- 1 chest at the end
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom along the western wall
- Cabinet near southeastern corner
- NPC rewards: None. There is no end reward until the end of the story arc.
|Kobold Rogue (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Shaman (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Sneak (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
- (old version of quest)