Maraud the Mines
The Firebrand gnolls are the favored warriors of Lailat, the demon queen.
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
|Maraud the Mines|
|Takes place in:||Firebrand Mines|
|Bestowed by:||(Wilderness area walk-up)|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Skavyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Sands of Menechtarun|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
While exploring the Menechtarun, you locate a mining operation run by the Firebrand gnoll tribe. Besides precious gemstones, the demon-tainted gnolls are mining iron ore for the Demon Queen. These valuable commodities would be much better off in other hands...
- Explore the Firebrand Mines
- Steal 4 black iron ingots from the gnolls
- Steal 2 jacinth from the gnolls
- Steal 2 blood rubies from the gnolls
- Steal 2 fire opals from the gnolls
- (Optional) Kill General Muurajha — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Commander Neahengh — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 10 gems)
- Semi-randomly placed quest items (mandatory: 10 gems)
Tips and Misc
- Fire resistance is useful.
- Break the storage bins in hopes of finding the required gems and ingots. Each type of gem (and the ingots) are grouped in a different area. Additional ingots (in lots of 5) and gems can be sold for a few hundred platinum after the quest.
- Iron ingots are in the western area
- Rubies are in the eastern area
- Opals are in the small southeast area
- Jacinths are in the southern area.
- These uncut gems do not fit in any gem bag, so do take up inventory space (but can be safely discarded without threatening quest success). After the quest, you can turn in any uncut gems to Behn the Prospector, who gives you normal sellable gems (worth a few hundred platiumn each). You can also sell the iron ingots, in lots of 5, for 300 Platinum/5.
- Aggression bonus: 50 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 with either the black iron ore ingots, uncut blood rubies, or uncut fire opals
- 1 with optional.
- Collectables: 3
- Adventurer's Pack on the path to Jacinths area
- Adventurer's Pack within the Jacinths area
- Adventurer's Pack on the north path to Iron ingots area
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Commander Neahengh ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Elder Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Elder Fire Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Fire Elemental|
|Firebrand Gnoll ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Firebrand Lieutenant ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Firebrand Pyromancer ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Firebrand Ritualist ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Firebrand Sergeant ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|General Muurajha ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Greater Dust Mephit ( view • )||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Salt Mephit ( view • )||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Sand Mephit ( view • )||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Huge Rust Monster ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Iron Golem ( view • )||Construct||Golem|
|Large Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|