Extraplanar Palace: Buying Time - EPIC
|Requires access to : Vaults of the Artificers|
(Note: This does NOT mean it requires purchase of anything, you may play with free daily tokens.)
The Spectral Dragon Auraxyllon created this magical palace between the planes to store his vast crystal hoard.
|Extraplanar Palace: Buying Time - EPIC|
|Duration:||Variable time limit|
|Base XP Range:||1100-?|
|Takes place in:||Extraplanar Palace|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Average|
- Shows up as "Extraplanar Mining" on the House Cannith map and quest entrance.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Reach crystal collection quota (100 Crystals)
- Collect 300 Crystals above your Quota
- Defeat the Dragon Auraxyllon
- Do not buy any Teleporters
- Buy less than 9 minutes of time
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
Tips and Misc
- The monsters for this Challenge are meant for very experienced players. You must be level 21 or higher to enter this Challenge.
- Epic Challenges offer alternate rewards that can upgrade Challenge loot into its Epic version.
- Although the challenge is called "epic" and offers epic-level rewards, that's about where the comparison to other epic quests stop. Challenges do not feature epic difficulty. Examples: No monsters possess Epic Ward, traps do not deal as much damage as other epic quests, there are no repeat timers, shrines reset, re-entry is allowed (within 3 minutes), epic fragments and tokens do not drop, and other non-epic rules are present. They are essentially Normal difficulty, with some tweaks to make them more challenging.
- The main technical differences are enemies gain deathblock and a lot more hitpoints when compared to the lvl20 version of the same challenge.
Quick Start Guide
- Use the Kobold Miners to collect crystals from the Dragon's hoard before time runs out!
- Protect your kobold workers from monster attacks and help your kobolds reach the Foreman with their crystal payloads!
- Barter crystals with the Time Foreman to extend your time and achieve even better results!
The Dragon's Hoard
- The Spectral Dragon, Auraxyllon, lurks somewhere inside his extraplanar palace, protecting his vast collection of crystals.
- Raid the palace with the Kobold Miners Union and extract as many crystals as possible before the time runs out.
- The deeper into the palace you delve, the more crystals you can find - but watch out! Auraxyllon is somewhere in the palace lying in wait for intruders.
- Lead the Kobold Miners to crystals by laying down Incense Torches to form a path.
- Tip: Healing Torches work like regular torches, plus they also heal Kobold Miners who are near them.
- The kobolds will collect crystals and take them back to the Foreman near the entrance.
- Tip: Barrels increase how many crystals one Kobold can carry. Place Barrels in the torch path and Kobolds will pick them up and equip them. A Kobold with multiple barrels will make his best effort to fill the barrels before returning to the Foreman.
- Monsters may attack the Kobolds while they’re working, causing the Kobolds to panic and run in circles.
- Tip: You can earn extra treasure for killing red named bosses!
- Help the Kobolds return to the Foreman to unload their crystals so they can go back to collect more!
- Tip: Place Teleporters near Kobolds who are loaded with crystals. Kobolds will use Teleporters to instantly travel back to the Foreman.
- Kobolds drop soulstones when they die, which you can return to the Foreman to resurrect. But note that hiring more Kobolds is cheap, while resurrecting Kobolds is expensive!
The Time Foreman
- The Foreman in this Challenge is a Time Foreman. He will sell you more time in exchange for crystals.
- Help the Kobolds return to the Time Foreman to unload their crystals so they can go back to collect more!
- The Time Foreman can also sell you additional Kobold Miners, Incense Torches, Healing Torches, Barrels, and Teleporters, as well as various useful items from the DDO Store.
- Monsters may also attack and kill the Time Foreman. A dead Time Foreman can’t sell you more time, and who knows what other paradoxes could arise!
- Tourist Tonic can be purchased from the DDO Store. It will return you to the Time Foreman instantly.
- Green crystals are turned in by Kobolds to meet the quota, and increase your score!
- Purple Crystals are worth 10 of the Green Crystals. But be careful – Purple Crystals tend to explode if left alone for too long.
- You can use crystals to buy supplies from the Foreman. Remember that this subtracts from your quota.
- Rooms deeper in the palace tend to have more crystals, but at the risk of encountering the Dragon!
You will earn points for the following:
- Collected crystals
- This one is quite similar to Crystal Cove, except instead of leading kobolds through a cavern, you're mining a spectral dragon's palace.
- Like the other Kobold Mining Union challenges, your Crystal Cove Pirate Hats will buff the Kobolds.
- Watch the kobolds... they'll run WAY away from the line, possibly activating monsters you haven't cleared yet.
- Confirmed by FlimsyFirewood:
"This will be fixed in patch. They currently "smell" crystals from the other side of a wall and go around the long way.
When attacked, they either panic and run in a random direction or freeze up and stay put until killed. Their panicked behavior may continue until whatever attacked them is dead."
- The Time Foreman - who fills the same function as the Kobold Foreman in CC, except he can sell you more time as well - is right in the center of everything, rather than tucked away up an easily-defensible ramp.
- You can always buy more time. However, the more time you buy the more expensive it becomes.
- The Spectral Dragon, Auraxyllon is waiting in one of his alcoves around the map. His room has a pretty good supply of crystals.
- As a reward, you get Mephit Wings, used to craft L8-L16 Calomel weapons, Frozen Tunics, Blasting Chimes, Bracers of Winds, and Cloaks of Flame, as well as L20 Tunics, Bracers, & Cloaks (see: Cannith Challenge Rewards for descriptions).
- This challenge beings with just 5 minutes on the clock, but you may purchase time in 3 minute increments. Up to 9 times, for a total maximum duration of 32 minutes, or 35 minutes if you use a time requisition form.
- Chests: One per red name killed. There are three total per run: Marilith (always spawns when quota is met), Dragon (always spawns), Night Hag (usually spawns).
- Animated Armors
- Mephits of various types
- Ice Flensers
- Fire Reavers
- Various Arcanaloth casters
Orange (random spawns):
Red - Devashta (Marilith) will always spawn when quota is met; Dragon always spawns on zone in.:
- Devashta (Marilith)
- Auraxyllon (Spectral Dragon)
- The Lich Malandis once had a chance to spawn in place of Devashta. However, the Lich's AoE spellcasting and magic resistance made him far more powerful than Devashta or even Auraxyllon, and Malandis was eventually retired.