Dr. Rushmore's Mansion: Behind the Door
|Requires access to : Vaults of the Artificers|
- (Note: This does NOT mean it requires purchase of anything, you may play with free daily tokens.)
|Dr. Rushmore's Mansion: Behind the Door|
|Duration:||Variable time limit|
|Base XP Range:||520-1,950|
|Takes place in:||Dr. Rushmore's Mansion|
|Challenge starts in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Average|
Dr. Rushmore and his band of wanted criminals have suddenly appeared with their Mansion! Can you find them in time?
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defeat at least one of the bosses from Rushmore's party
- (Optional) Open all of the sealed gates (Open 16)
- (Optional) Defeat the other bosses (Kill 4 more for 5 total)
- (Optional) Defeat Mother of the Nest
- (Optional) Open three bubbles in the Observatory (Actually collect 3 crests in bubbles)
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
- Many blade, spinners and fire jets in two hallways near the Rogue
Tips and Misc
Quick Start Guide
- Find the wizard Rushmore and his four fellow outlaws. Assassinate them before time runs out!
- Unlock gates to quickly navigate to your target and extend your time.
- Watch out for phantasmal guards lurking around the Mansion!
Assassinate Your Target
- The vile wizard Rushmore has retreated to a magical safe-house to relax with his no-good cohorts.
- Infiltrate their Mansion and eliminate these outlaws before time runs out!
- Tip: You can earn extra treasure for killing orange and red named boss monsters!
- Each Gate you open will extend your time by 2 minutes.
- To open a Gate, you must obtain the associated Crest(s).
- The deeper you go into the mansion, the more Crests are required to open the next Gate.
- Crests can be found by:
- Breaking furniture and containers
- Killing monsters
- Tip: You will also occasionally find Crests lying out in the open.
- There are paintings scattered throughout the walls of the mansion.
- If you get too close to a painting, its eyes will glow red and phantasmal guards will appear to fight you.
- The painting will continue to spawn phantasmal guards until the next Gate is opened.
You will earn points for the following:
- Monsters killed (~1-3 points per kill)
- Gates opened (~60 points per gate)
- Outlaw Bosses killed (~400-600 points per kill)
- Rushmore's 4 friends are to be found behind gateways requiring 4 seals to open.
- Bosses are in the Assassin's Crib (Smiling Sam), Boudoir (Mistress Temptia), War Room (Ugg), Hidden Sanctum (Rushmore) and Money Laundering Room (Crystal).
- Mother of the Nest is located just off the Grand Hall, behind a secret door that connects to the Bath House.
- Smiling Sam is not hostile, he has several dialog options:
- Intimidate: He offers to help you kill Rushmore. If you instead head for Mistress Temptia next, he will show up and say "That was not part of the deal!" then attack you along with her. While this is risky, it can actually save time given you eliminate them both with AoE attacks quickly. If you head to Rushmore next, he will indeed help you with the battle, although he's fairly useless. It's best to let him die during the encounter, as otherwise if you win and he survives, he will remain friendly and you will not be able to achieve the star for killing him.
- Bluff/Diplomacy: Same as intimidate, except he won't doublecross you if you go to kill Temptia first.
- The Bubbles at Observatory are locked by a puzzle. The easiest way to open them all is one by one, counter-clockwise.
- See Dr. Rushmore’s Mansion Quest Challenges Guide
Star Objective First-time Bonus XP
Subsequent runs the star objectives will provide bonus XP as well, though far less than the first time.
- Timer starts at 13 minutes and the timer increases for many events:
- Checkpoint! Time extended by 2 minutes for opening gates.
- Chrono Buff! Time extended by 1 minute for obtaining rare orb buffs.
- Minute of time watch. These rare items can increase the timer by 1 minute, only 1 may be used per instance.
- Expect a perfect 6 star run to take 45-48 minutes.
- Chests: Up to 6. One for each boss, and one for the Mother of the Nest.
Monster Information Primarily Phantasmal creatures. They count the same as the type they match, but are illusionary and thus gain immunity to mind effects, and should be (but currently are not) vulnerable to dispel magic. Vorpal effects will kill these phantasms.
- Animated Armors
- Animated Statues (Constructs that look like Gargoyles)
- Bound Air Elementals
- Bound Earth Elementals
- Bound Fire Elementals
- Bound Water Elementals
- Fat Rats (Not many)
- Iron Defenders (Standard variety)
- Household Vermins (Brown Spiders (Small ones))
- Phantasmal Cooks (Human Cook)
- Phantasmal Heralds (Human Cleric)
- Phantasmal Hounds (Animal)
- Phantasmal Messengers (Human Wizard - Casts very devastating spells)
- Phantasmal Man-at-Armss (Human Fighter)
- Phantasmal Sentinels (Human Archer)
- Phantasmal Servants (Human Rogue)
- Crystal the Giant <Renegade Blackmarket Ex Union Leader> (Li'l tiny jewel-encrusted Paragon Kobold Shaman)
- Doctor Will Ewe Rushmore - <Renegade Master Wizard Himself> (Human Wizard)
- Mistress Temptia - <Girlfiend Healer> (Succubus)
- Mother of the Nest (Orange Named Huge Brown Spider Drops a chest)
- Smiling Sam <Newbie Assassin> (Tiny Elf Rogue)
- Ugg the Assertive - <Confused Meatshield> (Fat Half-Orc Tank)
- All of the red-named bosses except Sam and Mistress Temptia begin with elementals guarding them and will summon more as they are vanquished. Ugg begins with two earth elementals, Crystal has a mix of air, fire, and water elementals, and Doctor Rushmore has one of each in his chamber. Each elemental will buff their controller according to their type:
- Air: Boosts their speed
- Fire: Boosts their strength
- Earth: Boosts their armor class
- Water: Heals them at an insanely fast rate - Kill these!