|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
"Until now, the lush jungles of Xen'drik have hidden the aggression of the giants. Repel the invading force before it can press ahead to Stormreach!"
|Heroic XP:||♣2,056 ♦3,636 ♥3,844 ♠4,052|
|Takes place in:||Stormcleave Outpost|
|NPC contact:||Alciana d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||Anvilfire Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Alciana d'Deneith recruited you to join the defenders of Stormcleave Outpost, a House Deneith fortress under heavy siege by the Xen'drik giants and their minions. Speak with Alciana to arrange transport to Stormcleave. Then sally forth from the outpost and find a way to break the back of the invading army!
- Stormcleave Outpost is an outlying fortification built upon an ancient giantish ruin discovered and claimed by House Deneith. The outpost serves as a supply depot for House Deneith's expeditions in Xen'drik, but has been under heavy attack for weeks by the army of a fire giant named General Xanti'lar.
- You can reach Stormcleave Outpost by speaking with Alciana d'Deneith in Anvil Fire Inn. Once there, you are to report to the outpost commander for a full briefing on the situation, and to provide relief in any way you can.
- The first part of the quest resembles (but not exactly) an outdoor zone, with various groups of scorpions, wolves, trolls, minotaurs, and ogres to slay. The larger fortress in the inner part of the area is concerned with the primary goal of the quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and speak with the gate warden
- Fight your way through the encounters to make your way to the outpost. Standing near a warded gate into the fortress ruins itself stands the gate warden. After talking with her, she will release the ward, allowing your party to pass freely.
- Kill 25 of Xanti'lar's minions
- Kill the giant Ortadar
- Kill the giant Insgadreer
- Kill the giant Pious Grew'el
- Kill Minotaur Lord Helos
- Collect the Jurmo'ta Shard
- Collect the Wul'ta Shard
- Collect the Vilbu'ta Shard
- Collect the Elsb'ta Shard
- Shards will be required for boss fight. Do not lose them!
- Activate the rune pillars (Activate 6)
- Scattered around the fortress ruins are 6 large rune pillars. Activating the puzzle piece on their bottom will spawn two fire mephits in succession. Slaying both of the mephits activates the pillar fully. Once all 6 pillars have been activated, the way to Xanti'lar's lair is open.
- Activate the gateway to Xanti'lar's Lair
- In a central area of the fortress ruins stands a ruined amphitheater, with a large stone head near the front, and 6 pillars adorned with runes around it. These runes will be lit if the corresponding rune pillar has been activated. Once all 6 have been lit, using the stone head opens a portal to Xanti'lar's chamber.
- Located in Northwest corner of map and southeast of the shrines near that corner.
- Note that once you cross the portal into Xanti'lar's Lair, you cannot exit until Xanti'lar is slain.
- Xanti'lar's Lair does not contain any rest or resurrection shrines.
- Kill General Xanti'lar
- Xanti'lar is essentially invulnerable until one or more of his buffs is removed.
- To remove the buffs, you must kill the captured mephits and/or earth elemental that is bestowing the boss with the buffs. Killing the earth elemental will remove the boss's protection from physical damage, which is usually sufficient for taking the boss out.
- The Shards (collected earlier in the quest) open the barriers to the mephits/elemental; simply walk up to them with the shards in your inventory.
- Inform the outpost commander of your success. (This completes the quest)
- (Optional) Further cull Xanti'lar's army - Kill 40 (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the minotaur Onyxhorn (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the minotaur Gorehoof (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the giant Ulagash (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the troll Nuushmaar (5% of base XP)
- The above 4 named are rare spawns. You will generally only find 1 per instance, and each has its own chest.
- (Optional) Destroy six crates full of magefire cannon parts (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy the giants' dimensional gate (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Collect the pilfered outpost supplies - Collect 12 (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Return the outpost supplies to Corporal Delvascon - Return 12 (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the giant's raiding force - Kill 18 (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Rune (optional, requires an 18+ INT check)
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 4 shards and optional: 12 supply crates)
Tips and Misc
- WARNING: Do not turn around and walk back up the path facing opposite from the starting area or you will be auto-booted out of the quest!
- There are no respawns in this quest, just a huge amount of encounters. You'll encounter a few spawning monsters after you activate the rune pillars, during the Pious Grew'el battle, and at the end if you do the gate optional.
- You will have to cover very long distances so have Striding items or Haste potions and spells at hand.
- The supply crates are extremely heavy (75 pounds each) so ideally have a character with high (20+) strength carry these to avoid being slowed down.
- You do not need to keep the supply crates to satisfy the "Collect the pilfered supplies" optional. You can pick them up and then immediately destroy them, if you do not wish to overburden yourself and dont intend to complete the "Return the oupost supplies" optional.
- Bonus XP:
- Mischief bonus: 7 breakables smashed.
- Vandal bonus: 14 breakables smashed.
- Ransack bonus: 18 breakables smashed.
- Aggression Bonus: 140 monsters killed
- Onslaught Bonus: 178 monsters killed.
- Conquest bonus: 214 monsters killed.
- Note: 232 total monsters in this quest, but it's a rather massive quest so getting conquest can be very time consuming.
- Chests: 7 - 9
- 1 optional for killing Ulagash/Onyxhorn (Giant/Minotaur, they don't always spawn, mutually exclusive, found in the first cave, before the first shrine)
- 1 for killing Ortadar (Fire Giant)
- 1 locked chest past the magefire cannon crates, near a tent
- 1 for killing Insgadreer (Hill Giant)
- 1 locked chest at a giants camp just past Insgadreer
- 1 optional for killing Nuushmaar/Gorehoof (Troll/Minotaur, they don't always spawn, mutually exclusive, found in the second cave, before Pious Grew'el)
- 1 for killing Pious Grew'el (Fire Giant)
- 1 for killing Lord Helos (Minotaur)
- 1 at the end for killing General Xanti'lar (Fire Giant)
- NPC rewards: Standard, Up to ML:7, Choose from 10
Accessories are ML7, weapons and armor are ML6.
- Elven Chain -
- Essence of the Scout - +4 Docent: Silent moves, Blue Augment Slot
- Giant's Roar - +3 Longbow: Screaming, Roaring, Red Augment Slot (Xantilar)
- Helm of Flame - Helm: Devotion +54, Wizardry I, Colorless Augment Slot (Insgadreer)
- Iron Cleaver - +3 Battleaxe: Acid Burst, Red Augment Slot (Ulagash)
- Lesser Boots of Striding and Springing - Boots: Striding +20%, Jump +10, Colorless Augment Slot (Helos)
- Nuushmaar's Adamantine Tooth - +3 Rapier 1.50[1d6]: Adamantine, Red Augment Slot
- Onyxhorn - +3 Dagger 1.50[1d4]: Finesse, Red Augment Slot (Onyxhorn)
- Robe of Winter - Robe: Armor Bonus +5, Improved Fire Resistance, Blue Augment Slot (Pious Grew'el's chest)
- Arcane Blackbones
- Black Wolves
- Blackbone Knights
- Blackbone Marksman
- Fire Giants
- Fire Giant Champions
- Greater Earth Elemental
- Greater Fire Mephits
- Hill Giants
- Hill Giant Hunters
- Hill Giant Seers
- Kobold Chieftains
- Kobold Shamans
- Kobold Throwers
- Kobold Warriors
- Mephit of Fernia
- Mephit of Lamannia
- Mephit of Risia
- Minotaur Berserkers
- Minotaur Lords
- Minotaur Shamans
- Minotaur Warriors
- Night Scorpions
- Ogre Leader
- Ogre Shamans
- Troll Chieftain
- General Xanti'lar - Red-named fire giant; end boss
- Gorehoof - Optional orange-named minotaur rare; Gorehoof and Nuushmaar are mutually exclusive
- Helos - Orange-named minotaur; required kill
- Insgadreer - Orange named hill giant; required kill
- Nuushmaar - Optional orange-named troll rare; Gorehoof and Nuushmaar are mutually exclusive
- Onyxhorn - Optional orange-named minotaur rare; Ulagash and Onyxhorn are mutually exclusive
- Ortadar - Orange-named fire giant; required kill
- Pious Grew'el - Orange-named fire giant; required kill
- Ulagash - Optional orange-named hill giant rare; Ulagash and Onyxhorn are mutually exclusive