This spell when cast brings up a pop up selection, offering Fire Shield (cold) or Fire Shield (fire)
- Wreaths the caster in hot or cold flames. Any creature striking you in melee takes 1d3+10 cold or fire damage (Depending on type).
- The Fire version of this spell deals fire damage and reduces damage the caster takes from cold by half.
- The cold version of this spell deals cold damage and reduces damage the caster takes from fire by half.
- Either version will make you immune to any webs that attempt to entangle you.
- The damage from both active shields does not stack. Only the version with the highest current duration deals damage to attacking enemies. For example: if the fire version is cast with a duration of 3 minutes 6 seconds followed immediately by the cold version with a duration of 3 minutes 30 seconds, then only cold damage will be dealt to attackers. Recasting the fire version at this point will not change the damage type. If the cold version timer reaches 3 minutes 5 seconds and the fire version is then recast with the same duration of 3 minutes 6 seconds, then only fire damage will be dealt because its current duration is higher.
| Originally Posted by KookieKobold on January 31, 2012
| This is also WAI. The two versions of this spell are not meant to stack.
- The duration caps at level 15. Maximum duration is 1 minute 45 seconds normally or 3 minutes 30 seconds extended.
- Bug: Fire Shield's damage does not scale at +1 per caster level.
- Bug: Fire Shield doesn't work with enhancements or spell boosts.
- Bug: Web immunity granted by Fire Shield expires up to 30 seconds prematurely.