The Lair of Summoning
From DDO wiki
The Lair of Summoning has never been fully explored. Many brave adventurers have fallen to its malevolent guardians.
|The Lair of Summoning|
|Takes place in:||Lair of Summoning|
|Bestowed by:||Lorridan Silvermantle|
|NPC contact:||Lorridan Silvermantle|
|Quest acquired in:||Ever Full Flagon|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Secure the property for Lorridan Silvermantle of House Kundarak.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Locate the summoning chamber
- Activate the Summoning Stone
- Destroy the summoned fire elemental
- (Optional) Kill Agnar - 187XP
- (Optional) Slay 2 Large Earth Elementals — Bonus (25%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Fire trap on grate in first hallway. No box, just don't walk on the grate.
- Fire trap on chest that spawns ambush
- Poison trap through first door to the west
- Dart trap south of gate to western hallway
- Dart trap on southern wall of first room SW of entrance
- Lightning trap in western hallway, north of gate, two boxes.
- Sonic trap in southwest passage, two boxes
- Dart trap on southern wall of second room SW of entrance
- Fire traps around summoning stone. No boxes.
Tips and Misc
- The western route is shorter and more direct, but include traps and a locked door. The eastern route requires more fighting, but doesn't require a rogue.
- The chest in the eastern passage is covered by a trapped ambush. Gates drop and greater fire mephits spawn, and traps aimed towards the chest go off from all four corners. Staying against the gates and away from the corners will keep you safe from the traps. The chest is locked even after you defeat the ambush.
- You have to approach the summoning stone to activate the runes. No attributes required. But watch out for the fire traps that spring up when the runes are activated.
- When you activate the runes, Mephits spawn in the passage behind you to slow access to any party member attempting to retreat to the shrine.
- Melee characters should not attempt to engage the fire elemental on the altar. Instead, draw it away from the summoning stone with ranged weapons or spells before attempting to fight it in melee.
- Beware - the Fire Elemental casts Dispel Magic, so Fire Resistance items are better than spells in this quest.
- Devious bonus: 3 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 7 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 22 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 28 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 35 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 18 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 29 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Conquest bonus will require you to kill most of the mephits during the boss fight, before the boss. Also note a few will spawn if you try to escape the fight, slay those as well.
- Chests: 2
- 1 locked and trapped in the eastern passage
- 1 at the end
- Collectables: 4
- Alchemy Table south of the locked chest
- Adventurer's Pack in the secret room to the south (with the trolls)
- Mushroom west of the shrine
- Cabinet less west of the shrine
- NPC rewards: Random +1/+2 items, choose from 4
|Summoned Fire Elemental (view)||Elemental||Fire Elemental|
|Armored Wight (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Gargoyle (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Greater Air Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Fire Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Ice Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Large Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ochre Jelly (view)||Ooze||Ochre Jelly|
|Wight Priest (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Winter Wolf (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|