The Enemy Within
Canton Parthilcar gave his life to seal this ancient wing of the crypt. What secrets lie beyond the barrier?
|The Enemy Within|
|Takes place in:||House Jorasco|
|Bestowed by:||Anabele d'Jorasco|
|NPC contact:||Anabele d'Jorasco|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Anabele d'Jorasco begged you to enter Parthilcar Tower and search the crypt for an answer to the mystery: why would one of her own House members try to kidnap her?
- Slay Lord Uliuthir
- Slay Lord Vrellithrix
- Slay Lord Ymemrish the Cold
- (Optional) Slay Fyvel Gasper +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Donner Gosling
- (Optional) Slay Minerva Zakkas
- (Optional) Slay Xerxes Earthfist
- (Optional) Slay 35 Failed Voidminds +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay 4 Voidmind Deneith Nobles
- (Optional) Slay 4 Voidmind Jorasco Nobles
- (Optional) Slay 4 Voidmind Kundarak Nobles
- (Optional) Slay 4 Voidmind PhiarlanNobles
What to Expect
- Traps (random, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- This is a very long quest with only two shrines. It can be especially difficult for parties not prepared to deal with undead.
- Protection against electricity and acid effects are recommended.
- Several traps in the quest (spinning blade, spike, rotating blade, cold). Most are in the middle of the short hallways. Check for traps before pulling levers. There are pit traps that cannot be spotted or disarmed.
Tips and Misc
- The Levers (Targetable Levers on the ceiling) above the large spinning blade trap pits can be ranged, causing the floor to drop without having to walk on it.
- The first set of gates must be opened by placing the crest in the socket on either side. If you don't feel comfortable splitting the party, or are soloing the quest, you must backtrack and take the other path to access the other side.
- Some doors require a Strength check to advance (22 will work on Normal, maybe lower???). Or you can pick the lock (DC unknown but less than 60 on normal).
- Firewall is outstanding in this quest, because many of the undead are Frostmarrow, which are vulnerable to fire.
- Cold resist (lightning and acid too) is helpful against the skeletons.
- Skeletons will respawn at the bottom of the stairs in the room midway between the two rest shrines.
- Voidmind nobles are immune to acid damage.
- The three Mind Flayers (lords) required to complete the quest have 10+ DR/Byeshk. Lord Ymemrish the Cold at the end of quest requires an attack roll of 40 to hit on Normal difficulty, casts Finger of Death often and also has a spell that extracts your brain. Deathblock and Death ward do not protect against the brain extraction.
- Xerxes Earthfist may appear at the bottom of the stairs after the first set of octopus-locked gates.
- Minerva Zakkas may appear in the four-way junction further west.
- Fyvel Gaspar may appear in the northern section, in the room to the west.
- Donner Gosling may appear in the southern section, in the room to the west.
- Aggression bonus: 117 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 153 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 187 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 81 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 105 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 130 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 7 possible
- One for slaying Xerxes Earthfist
- One for slaying Minerva Zakkas
- One for slaying Fyvel Gaspar
- One for slaying Donner Gosling
- One for slaying Lord Uliuthir
- One for slaying Lord Vrellithrix
- One for slaying Lord Ymemrish the Cold
- Collectables: 22
- Adventurer's Pack just before the golem shield, in the water to the right
- Crude Altar in the first room to the north
- Four Alchemy Tables in the room to the north, with the crest
- Five Alchemy Tables in the room to the south, with the crest
- Adventurer's Pack down the long hallway, on the north
- Five Alchemy Tables in the room to the north, with the crest
- Four Alchemy Tables and a Bookshelf in the room to the south, with the crest
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Lord Ymemrish the Cold (view)||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Donner Gosling (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Fyvel Gasper (view)||Halfling||Halfling|
|Lord Uliuthir (view)||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Lord Vrellithrix (view)||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Minerva Zakkas (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Xerxes Earthfist (NoPic)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Elf Zombie (view)||QL:1; QL:2/3:||Undead||Zombie|
|Failed Voidmind (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Frostmarrow Evoker (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Frostmarrow Huntsman (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Frostmarrow Sellsword (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Frostmarrow Shambler (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Knight (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Voidmind Deneith Noble (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Voidmind Jorasco Noble (view)||Halfling||Halfling|
|Voidmind Kundarak Noble (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Voidmind Phiarlan Noble (view)||Elf||Elf|