The Eye of Khyber may be a forgery, but a pack of fanatical Khyber-worshipping kobolds is far from harmless.
|Takes place in:||Cultists Shrine|
|Bestowed by:||Lesto Half-Price|
|NPC contact:||Lesto Half-Price|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
When Lesto Half-Price sold a worthless gem to a kobold squatter as the 'Dread Eye of Khyber,' he thought he'd made a nice profit. Then other kobolds flocked to worship the Dread Eye. Now they've turned a derelict building in the Warehouse District into an evil temple to Khyber. Lesto wants you to steal back the evidence of his mistake!
- Steal the worthless gem from the kobolds' shrine to Khyber.
- (Failure) Kill fewer than 6 prophets until the gem is stolen.
- (Optional) Kill 25 of the kobolds — Bonus (35%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Glik — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Neecha — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Wazul — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Jeeka — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Quest failure (if more than 5 prophets are killed before the gem is picked up)
- Fire trap guarding the chest
Tips and Misc
- This is a unique quest, as killing 6 kobold prophets causes a quest failure. So you have to find a way to avoid killing them, usually either by...
- sneaking past everyone
- tanking through and selectively killing everything else (the prophets are very weak opponents)
- using some form of "Crowd Control" to keep the prophets out of the fight (fascinate, mesmerize, sleep, web, etc., etc.)
- zerging past everything and relying on pure speed, hoping to finish before Dungeon Alert gets you.
- Because there are many prophets (several in each encounter), area of effect damage attacks can easily cause quest failure. This includes all 2-handed weapons as well as spell effects. Sloppy aiming with ranged weapons can also kill prophets who jump in front of a shot.
- You don't really need to worry about the prophets if you can't sneak or otherwise control them. They do very little damage so it should be possible to just kill the other enemies and let the prophets follow you around trying to hit you. If you try to run straight through the instance without engaging anyone (which will draw lots of aggro in short order) your biggest worry is being Harried, which massively slows you down. Also, (and this may seem obvious), hirelings and items with guard properties are trouble!
- The levers to the last part of the area, from the big central pit, are in the same spot. Once you go across the bridge and down the ramp, one will be on the wall to the left, and the other is across the hallway and up a ladder.
- The gate nearest the Eye can be opened by letting a kobold ring the gong nearest to it instead of having to mess around with the last lever. This is especially handy if you're running through the instance instead of trying to stealth through.
- Once the quest is "finished" (by retrieving the Eye), you can kill the prophets without worry. If you kill six, you'll get the "quest failed" dialogue, but the quest has already been completed, so nothing happens. This is good if you had to run through drawing aggro, and wish to return to loot chests or collectables, or get the 25 kobold optional (you still get the extra XP added on, even thought the quest is "finished").
- Kobold Prophets don't count towards the 25-kobold optional.
- Hide and Move Silently thresholds necessary to sneak through without being noticed: N: ? H: ? E: 18
- Witch Doctor Glik may appear in the northwestern room, with the bookshelf and the lever to open the gate to the room before the shrine.
- Witch Doctor Neecha may appear in the southern room across from the shrine, with the chest.
- Witch Doctor Wazul may appear in the corridor right before the gem.
- Witch Doctor Jeeka may appear in the western section of the room with the gem.
- Aggression bonus: 27 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 35 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: It's difficult (if not impossible) to get the Onslaught bonus without killing a few prophets.
- Chests: 1 - 5
- 1 trapped in the room south of the shrine
- 1 optional for killing Glik (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the northwestern room, with the bookshelf and the lever to open the gate to the room before the shrine)
- 1 optional for killing Neecha (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the southern room across from the shrine, with the chest)
- 1 optional for killing Wazul (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the corridor right before the gem)
- 1 optional for killing Jeeka (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the western section of the room with the gem)
- Collectables: Four
- Bookshelf in the North-west room, with the lever (where Glik appears)
- Adventurer's Pack in the central room right before the shrine
- Rubble along the western wall in the big central pit
- Mushroom in the northeastern corner of the room where the 'worthless gem' is.
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
||Jeeka's Spangle ( )||Trinket||
||1||Stealthy Repossession, Witch Doctor Jeeka's chest|
||Neecha's Bead ( )||Trinket||
||1||Stealthy Repossession, Witch Doctor Neecha's chest|
||Wazul's Amulet ( )||Necklace||
||1||Stealthy Repossession, Witch Doctor Wazul's chest|
||Gilk's Bangle ( )||Trinket||
||1||Stealthy Repossession, Witch Doctor Glik's chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Kobold Prophet ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Shaman ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Witch Doctor Glik ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Witch Doctor Jeeka ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Witch Doctor Neecha ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Witch Doctor Wazul ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|