Mind Flayer race
(Redirected from Mindflayer)
They call themselves Illithid. Mind flayers speak Undercommon but prefer to communicate telepathically.
Mind flayers like to fight from a distance, using their psionic abilities, particularly their mind blast.
- Tentacle Whip Bludgeoning damage; the mindflayer lashes at its enemies with the tentacles surrounding its mouth.
- At will spells: Dependent upon the level and type of Mind Flayer, but includes: Hold Monster, Dominate Monster, and Lightning Bolt.
- Save DC 13 + spell level + mind flayer's charisma bonus.
- Mind Blast: This attack is a standard conal AOE. Anyone caught in this cone must succeed at a Will save (DC 17 and higher) or be stunned for 6–30 seconds. Mind flayers often hunt using this power and then drag off one or two of their stunned victims to feed upon. This stun can be removed with the Heal spell.
- Egowhip Charisma damage
- Extract Brain(Ex): A mind flayer that begins its turn with all four tentacles attached and successfully maintains its hold automatically extracts the opponent’s brain, instantly killing that creature (Ignores Death immunity). Since this ability takes some time to perform, they will only attempt to use it on creatures they have successfully mind blasted. It is possible to survive this attack by quickly moving out of melee range before they can complete their animation.
- If a Mind Flayer succeed to eat a Warforged's brain, the warforged will still die, but the mind flayer will immediately spend the next seconds vomiting the brain.
- Byeshk damage reduction
- Telepathy (Su): Mind flayers can communicate telepathically with any creature that has a language, within a great distance. (Mostly a flavor thing, but this explains why Yaulthoon and some other mind flayers are able to speak to you through your mind at a great distance.)
This section is empty.
You can help by. (February 2016)
Creature Entries (25)
<ncl>Mind Flayer race monsters</ncl>