Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
From Beyond the Grave
A pack of zombies shambles towards the gate. The assault has begun.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|From Beyond the Grave|
|Heroic XP:||♣744Solo/Casual ♦1,300Normal ♥1,360Hard ♠1,420Elite|
|Takes place in:||Penitent's Rest|
|Bestowed by:||Micah d'Jorasco|
|NPC contact:||Micah d'Jorasco|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||No|
Deathshadow, a slain necromancer, has returned from the grave as the wraith called Deathshade. He's amassing an army of undead to avenge his demise at the hands of Stormreach's heroes. You must prevent him from gaining entry to Delera's Graveyard!
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Slay Deathshade
- Do not allow the gate to be destroyed
- Light the four funeral pyres
- (Optional) Slay Alexi Drange — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣149 ♦260 ♥272 ♠284 )
- (Optional) Slay Guard Jobari — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣149 ♦260 ♥272 ♠284 )
- (Optional) Slay Lonni Renaldo — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣149 ♦260 ♥272 ♠284 )
- (Optional) Slay Qhumok — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣149 ♦260 ♥272 ♠284 )
- (Optional) Slay Tanner — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣149 ♦260 ♥272 ♠284 )
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the gate is destroyed)
- Protect a quest item (mandatory: the gate)
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: someone to defend the gate, someone to light the pyres, someone to protect the player that lights the pyres)
Tips and Misc
- It takes 30 seconds to light a funeral pyre, making the player susceptible to being interrupted while lighting it.
- As the Pyre is being lit, wraiths and skeletons will spawn.
- Each pyre stands in a square of rocks. Touching the rock square once activates the spawns. If you kill all the mobs next to a pyre without touching the rocks, and then light the pyre still without touching rocks, no more mobs will respawn at that pyre ensuring you won't be interrupted.
- There are three roles that need to be filled here: gate defender, pyre activator, and defender of the pyre activator.
- The Pyre Lighter can light the pyre in Sneak mode, without breaking stealth. Invisibility would also work.
- It is possible to solo this quest with a hireling. This requires some speed and micromanagement on your part. Use a Wizard or Sorcerer hireling (preferably one with Firewall) to guard the gate. Keep them in Aggressive Stance and Hold Ground. The Gate Swarmers go directly for the gate and completely ignore attackers, so the hireling can nuke as much as they want. Go to each pyre, kill all the spawns, and light them in stealth mode. You'll want to run back after each pyre though to give your hireling a hand. Once Deathshade appears, you can just kill him and the quest will be over!
- The square of rocks with the end chests counts like a Pyre square. Stepping on it the first time will spawn some undead.
- Gate Swarmers will continue to spawn even after the quest is completed.
- The entrance gate is locked upon entry. You must recall to exit the quest.
- The rares in this quest behave oddly. At the beginning, one of Alexi Drange or Lonni Renaldo is guaranteed to spawn, although you may need to light up to two pyres for them to appear. After they are slain, there is a chance for Guard Jobari to appear. If he does so, Tanner or Qhumok may spawn after completion (you may also have to use the rest shrine.)
- Devious bonus: 81 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.( ♣52 ♦91 ♥95 ♠99 )
- Chests: 2
- 2 at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Alexi Drange ( view • edit )||♠16Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Deathshade ( view • edit )||♠18Elite||Undead||Wraith|
|Dread Wraith Wizard ( view • edit )||♥14Hard ♠18Elite||Undead||Wraith|
|Fallow Ghoul ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♠15Elite||Undead||Ghoul|
|Gate Swarmer ( view • edit )||Undead||Zombie|
|Guard Jobari ( view • edit )||Undead||Spectre|
|Lonni Renaldo ( view • edit )||♠16Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Qhumok ( view • edit )||♥13Hard ♠16Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Skeletal Shock-Trooper ( view • edit )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeletal Storm-Hunter ( view • edit )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Tanner ( view • edit )||♦11Normal||Undead||Zombie|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Delera's Tomb quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 5 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 11 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > House Jorasco quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > House Jorasco patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Penitent's Rest quests