Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Freshen the Air
Few professional embarrassments can measure up to a basement full of flatulent troglodytes.
|Freshen the Air|
|Heroic XP:||♣559Solo/Casual ♦1,001Normal ♥1,070Hard ♠1,140Elite|
|Takes place in:||Troglodyte's Clutch|
|Bestowed by:||Harven Gralak|
|NPC contact:||Harven Gralak|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
Harven Gralak asked you to help eliminate the nasty stink of troglodytes from his house. Descend into the sewers under Harven's basement and destroy the barricades that are blocking the sewer vents. The sewers are overrun by dozens of troglodytes -- you'll need all the help you can get!
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Break through the troglodyte infestation and reach the Vent Room
- Destroy all 6 barricades that block the sewer vents
- Find the troglodyte hatchery
- Slay Matriarch Sishliss
- Meet Doggart at the exit
- (Failure) Finish before time runs out (30 minutes)
- (Optional) Slay at least 30 troglodytes to help freshen the air — Bonus (25%): Heroic( ♣140 ♦250 ♥268 ♠285 )
- (Optional) Slay at least 10 troglodyte shamans to help freshen the air — Bonus (30%): Heroic( ♣168 ♦300 ♥321 ♠342 )
- (Optional) Slay Chief Shyrasser — Bonus (35%): Heroic( ♣196 ♦350 ♥375 ♠399 )
What to Expect
- Timed quest (30 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Doggart is not met at the exit before the time runs out)
Tips and Misc
- You need to be very prepared to beat this quest. Anyone who is capable should use the 'Shield' spell to protect themselves from magic missiles (Shield scrolls and wands are available via vendors and UMD DCs are 20). Everyone should load up elemental resistances (especially acid, fire, and cold; the shamans are inordinately fond of Melf's Acid Arrow and cast the occasional Fireball and Sleet Storm as well) and some buffs to will saves (i.e. Protection from Evil). The troglodytes have Troglodyte Stench effects (fortitude save negates), so Proof Against Poison items come in handy too. There is one shrine on the second floor of the main hall, but it is guarded by a strong unit of troglodytes. Because of the time limit, it's a good idea for everyone to enter at the same time.
- Don't waste time talking to Doggart at the start; all he says is that you can't jump back up and you should make sure to bring friends.
- Only straight troglodytes count towards that slayer bonus, not chiefs or shamans.
- In the first multi-level room, the lever to open the door is on the bridge overhead.
- The lever for the door in the second one is also immediately over the door; you have to cross the bridge, go to the back, and jump across to the other platform.
- In the main room (with all the large crates), kobold throwers and troglodyte shamans will appear on the ledges, both around the edges and on the central catwalk. Troglodytes and troglodyte chiefs will also appear around the edges, and jump down to rush you. A ranged approach is best at first, removing any enemies from the ledges and above; entering as a group sets you up in a kill zone until you can remove the shamans and throwers. You can also remove a couple of crates this way.
- The large crates don't count towards your breakables bonus; they do, however, count towards your killables.
- Destroying the eggs in the hatchery isn't required; however, doing so will count towards your breakables bonus. They can be difficult to target properly for melee, plus they release a small cloud of poison gas when destroyed, so ranged is recommended.
- There's a ramp to the second level of the main room in the northeast. It's gated until the six crates are destroyed.
- Chief Shyrasser may appear in the shrine room.
- The shrine itself is guarded by two troglodyte shamans and two dogs, all of which are sleeping.
- BUG: A player should approach the door and open the hatchery. The "Find the hatchery" objective may not trigger (leaving the quest incompletable) if the Matriarch is killed before a player enters the hatchery.
- There's a valve at the end of the hatchery (near the chest) which opens a door into the main room.
- After completing the tasks, you have to make it to the exit in time. This can be located behind a previously closed door to the northeast of the main room, near the ramp. You don't have to talk to Doggart to complete the quest, merely approach him.
- Go after the Chief after you go back to Doggart and you don't have to worry about the timer running out.
- Aggression bonus: 55 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣56 ♦100 ♥107 ♠114 )
- Onslaught bonus: 71 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣84 ♦150 ♥161 ♠171 )
- Conquest bonus: 88 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣140 ♦250 ♥268 ♠285 )
- Mischief bonus: 70 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣45 ♦80 ♥86 ♠91 )
- Vandal bonus: 91 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣56 ♦100 ♥107 ♠114 )
- Ransack bonus: 112 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣84 ♦150 ♥161 ♠171 )
- Chests: 2
- 1 in the shrine room
- 1 for killing Matriarch Sishliss (Troglodyte Shaman, found in the hatchery)
- Collectables: three
- Moss by the southern crate along the western wall
- Moss by the western crate along the northern wall
- Rubble on the second level, right in front of the hatchery door
- NPC rewards: Standard
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Chief Shyrasser ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♠10Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Crate ( view • edit )||0||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Dog ( view • edit )||♦0.5Normal ♥1Hard ♠3Elite||Animal||Dog|
|Dog ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ●♥12Epic Hard||Animal||Dog|
|Kobold Chieftain ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Matriarch Sishliss ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠10Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Troglodyte Chief ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠10Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Troglodyte Shaman ( view • edit )||♦4Normal ♥6Hard ♠9Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Troglodyte ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥4Hard ♠7Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Extreme Challenge quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Free to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 3 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 4 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Marketplace quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Free Agents patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Troglodyte's Clutch quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > YouTube links > Links to YouTube