Beneath the outward face of the Path of Inspiration is the ugly truth: the sole purpose of this cult is to convert and subjugate the free peoples of Eberron.
|Requires access to : The Path of Inspiration|
|Takes place in:||Sunken Parish|
|Bestowed by:||Graden Wylkes|
|NPC contact:||Graden Wylkes|
|Quest acquired in:||The Inspired Quarter|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Coin Lord Graden Wylkes has received word that his eldest son Jonas disappeared when in the company of members of the Path of Inspiration.
The Coin Lord wants you to enter the Sunken Parish in the Inspired Quarter and bring back his son, Jonas Wylkes.
- Find and rescue Jonas Wylkes
- Defeat the leader of the cult
- Rescue Jonas Wylkes... again
- Do not let Jonas Wylkes die
- (Optional) Find the other prisoners — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Break into the cult's vault — Bonus (60%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, 1 random)
- Collapsible floor
- Puzzle (optional: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Jonas Wylkes dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Jonas Wylkes)
- Prior to U46: the Search DCs for two trap Control panels within this quest were notably extremely high for their level; being closer to most mid Epic Level Search DC values. One trap set, which has two Control panels, with a Search DC of 74 on Elite!; Suspected Disable Device: 87.
Tips and Misc
- Useful elemental buffs:
- To "rescue Jonas Wylkes", you must speak to him. This is not obvious, as he has already fought alongside you at this point.
- The end room is directly after the second shrine. The door closes after entering. However it may be re-opened using the nearby lever, just beware that if the traps were not disabled, they will be triggered again by using the lever.
- There are two optional chests at the end. To get to the chests, go around and under the staircase just before the boss, where you will find a floor tile puzzle. If you solve the puzzle and light the gem as well as the top and bottom circle things, you get another chest and two piles of gold behind the bars - this third chest can also drop blue shards and discs. Once you solve the puzzle, the floor drops out and the pit below is filled with spikes. There is a secret door about halfway up the pit. It is possible to open it and get in using Feather Fall, but far easier if you turn an underwater valve in the water section of the map north of the first shrine, and swim down. There is a locked fourth chest in here with loot.
- Note puzzle floor and ceiling are mirrors of each other and both need to be solved. Moving some of the lower tiles effects (turns) the unmoveable upper ceiling tiles.
- Aggression bonus: 50 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65-66 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 3 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 7 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 10 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: To get the Ransack & Vigilant bonuses, finish the end puzzle before talking to Jonas Wylkes again.
- Chests: 4
- 1 for killing the Fire Elemental
- 1 at the end for saving Jonas for the second time
- 1 optional for solving the puzzle
- 1 locked optional behind a secret door after solving the puzzle
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: Standard, list of 4 items, level 14-16 weapons/armors