This flagstones of the Broken Highway provide the safest route through the Menechtarun. Even so, caravan masters must keep alert for raiders.
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
|Takes place in:||The Broken Highway|
|Bestowed by:||Iosynne d'Phiarlan|
|NPC contact:||Iosynne d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||No|
Iosynne d'Phiarlan hired you to guard a supply caravan bound for a region of the Menechtarun Desert known as the Demon Sands by those daring enough to risk its wastes.
These supplies are desperately needed by the scholars and adventurers at Zawabi's Refuge, the only oasis safe from the scorrow, outsiders and gnolls who plague the Demon Sands. Iosynne promises you a fine reward from the Caravan's stores if you survive the journey.
When you are ready for the journey, climb aboard the Broken Highway caravan waiting at the House Phiarlan Enclave or Zawabi's Refuge.
- Defend the caravan from the ambush
- Speak to Iosynne d'Phiarlan
- At least 2 caravans must survive
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 2 minutes: — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 4 minutes: — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 6 minutes: — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 8 minutes: — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Atharis (Drow Elf) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Thornpaw (Hyena) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Sandstalker (Scorpion — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Doomstalker (Scorpion) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Dunestalker (Scorpion) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Ga'khat (Scorrow) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Kharik (Scorrow) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Qualar (Scorrow) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Sekkekh (Scorrow) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Yurtik (Scorrow) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Note: Excluding Atharis, all optionals are rare spawns. You will generally only encounter 3-5 per instance.
- Quest starts immediately on entry
- Timed quest (10 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect quest items (mandatory: 6 caravans)
- Quest failure (if more than 4 out of 6 caravans are destroyed)
Tips and Misc
- Two shrines are nearby. The attack is fairly constant and requires crowd control spells and mass damage spells such as blade barrier and firewall. Charm can also be useful to turn some of the mob against itself.
- Speaking to Iosynne after the DM announces the ambush is over will send you back to Zawabi's Refuge if you select the top option. Select the bottom option ("Close Window") to end the quest and not exit, so you can still loot the end chests before exiting.
- All of the optional named are rare except one: Atharis. Atharis will always spawn if you anger her: Do so by killing some of the drow up top. She will not come down, so you will need some ranged attack to slay her, and a good one as she self heals fairly fast. She will spawn even after quest completion.
- Aside from Atharis, you will generally only encounter 3-5 optional named per run. They offer great XP, so be sure to slay them all.
- Aggression bonus: 14 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 19 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 23 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: Three, at end of time. (Be sure to open these before talking to the npc to finish quest, you will be immediately warped out if you select the wrong option - select the "Close window" option to end the quest without leaving.)
- NPC rewards: Selection of 4 random items (lvl 6-8)