Anniversary Party (13th)
|This page is about a challenge that no longer exists in-game. It has been replaced by Anniversary Party (14th).|
|If you can verify that the challenge still exists, please and remove this template.|
The Coin Lords are putting on an anniversary party to mark the founding of Stormreach in 802 YK - but a group of fractious Kobolds are threatening to disrupt the celebrations.
|Duration:||Quest-like, no time limit|
|Base XP Range:||8,400 XP at level 35|
|Takes place in:||The Anniversary Party|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Easy|
- (* The event was originally scheduled to run only to March 13, but due to an unexpected and lengthy downtime, this was extended by a week.)
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Scrag the Kobold
- Speak with Harbormaster Zin
- Find The Dark Overlord
- Speak with Malicia in the Ballroom
- Return to Jeets and Enter His Mind
- Speak with Dream Jeets
- Defeat The Dark Overlord (* instance completion flag)
- (Optional) Defeat +Severlin
- (Optional) Defeat +Cordovan
- (Optional) Defeat +SteelStar
- (Optional) Defeat +Lichabel
Note: You must complete all non-optional star objectives to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
- Bear traps
- A trap with a Control box in the theater by the inactive switch and wheel - trap effects unknown but possibly a cold-type trap.
- Acid puddles in the Side Hall (cannot be disabled)
- Stepping in the green acid pools will apply an acid DoT attack. There are 2 pools of water, located in the back corners of the Side Hall. Going into the water will remove the acid. You can remove the acid from your hireling(s), if you summon the hireling(s) to you while inside the pool. Or, you can remove this effect by making the hireling rest (or wait for the effect to wear off normally).
Tips and Misc
- As per general challenge rules, a party should be formed of players within 3 levels of each other to prevent xp/challenge ingredient reward penalties
- For expediency, party can split up:
- One or two players zerg through the Chapterhouse (either by killing everything and avoiding bear traps along the way, or by stealth using invisibility; however, this latter method sometimes fails, especially around/above the skeletons under the Stage area) Note that there are also some levers that need to be pulled along the way to open gates, so some combat will likely be necessary.
- Meanwhile, the other players tackle the Devs:
- +Severlin with his comrade +Torc (a rust monster) are located upstairs in the Art Gallery. It is not necessary to defeat +Torc or the undead skeleton minions; you only need to defeat +Severlin for the objective
- +Cordovan is located in the Side Hall with 4 Broccoli (shambling mounds) which become active by proximity. There are 6 pools of green slime in the center of the room which are stationary; stepping in the green slime (as per White Plume Mountain) requires remove disease to remove the DoT effect - the green slime pools can be destroyed with fireball or flame strike. Again, you only need to take down +Cordovan for the objective star. There are two pools of holy water in the corners with Restoration effects to Remove Disease. To enter the room you must pass through Mist in front of the hall, which will teleport anyone who enters to a random spot in the room, and also give a negative level to living characters without Death Ward. Note also that the door to the Side Hall closes once +Cordovan becomes active, and only reopens upon his demise, or that of all the players in the room.
- +Steelstar is in the Library Archives with his iron defender pet +String Table Error (a reference to the DDO forum discussion about numerous in-game string table errors that have been plaguing DDO ); it is easy to become perpetually stunned by his lightning sphere attack (update 36 added a save). It is possible to avoid the lightning spheres that +Steelstar lobs at you if you keep moving around (for example, on the bookshelves in the middle of the room), or else gaining immunity to lightning sphere (either by casting Globe of Invulnerability or having a light monk buff the party with the Grasp the Earth Dragon finishing move (earth/light/earth) to avoid the stun effect). Again, it is only necessary to defeat +Steelstar to achieve the optional objective star.
- +Lichabel can be found randomly in any of the upper level Private Rooms; make sure you have deathward on before tackling her. +FlimsyFirewood, an orange-named Scarecrow, will also be found in one of the rooms. Once more, only +Lichabel needs to be killed, not +FlimsyFirewood or any of her undead minions.
- As per the Partycrashers quest, the toilet paper rolls in the restrooms function as shrines, so you do not need to worry about wiping. Additionally, it is possible to get back up the hall and off the walkway to the shrine by the entrance to the Chapterhouse.
- The Anniversary Party is a great source for collectables (primarily Lore, Arcane, and Herb); the tier of collectables you get from certain nodes in this challenge scale depending on the CR.
- After confronting Jeets in the throne room (at the end of the Chapterhouse path), one player needs to request the assistance of Malicia to advance. The +Knockback door on the upper level of the gala room becomes active as a shortcut back to the throne room, and Malicia will be there next to Jeets to send you into his demented mind to confront the Dark Overlord.
- Make sure to kill all of the Devs before heading into his mind for full rewards!
If run at the same level as the highest-level character in the party, the quest reward is 6 Party Favors, with more offered as the quest is run at relatively higher levels. The max this year is 12 Party Favors if run at +5 or more levels over the level of the highest party member.
Relative to the highest level party member...
- At-level - 1 level above: 8 Party Favors
- 2-4 levels above: 10 [please verify--> verified on 16/03/2019 by Warelize] Party Favors
- 5 or more levels above: 12 Favors (the maximum)
- Bug: There is a bug that benefits parties associated with the defeat of +Lichabel, and the amount of Party Favor that you get, and it can be checked out here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/503492-Nerfed-party-favor-rate#post6185952 
Running the quest below the level of the highest level member will result in fewer Favors, but as this is an intentionally "easy" quest, that is not recommended, except perhaps solo.
It should be obvious that, aside from Collectables and drop-loot Minimum Level, there is no reason to run the quest at +2, +4, or +6 (or more) above the level of the highest level character in the group, as no additional Party Favors will be awarded.
- Chests: 4 (Like in all challenges, base chest level is capped at 25.)
- 1 locked within the Display Hall.
- 1 after the end-fight.
- 2 chests placed randomly, in the Theater and Display Hall.
- Collectables: 19
- Bookshelf in the Side Hall, to the left (north) as you enter.
- Cabinet in the Art Gallery, at the end of the interior wall.
- 6 Flowering Plants placed around the upper level.
- Private Rooms:
- A Flowering Plant in the hall by NohBob (NPC).
- Reagent's Cabinet & Adventurer's Pack in the northeast room (first room on the right).
- Bookshelf in the north-central room (second room on the right).
- Cabinet & Adventurer's Pack (on the bed) in the northwest room (third room on the right).
- Alchemy Table & Bookshelf in the southeast room (first room on the left).
- Reagent's Cabinet on the upper level of the Display Hall, to the west.
- Rubble in the stage pit in the Theater.
- Ingredient reward: 2-12 Party Favor (up to +50% when running overlevel - max 12)
- You must kill all* the Devs to get the max ingredient reward.
- (* See "Bug" comments, under "Rewards", above)
- +Dr. Octothorp
- +Flimsy Firewood
- +Major Mal
- +No Dice
- +The Rocking Dead
- Bad Thoughts
- Dusty Skeleton
- The Bad Stuff
- Forgotten Wraith
- Fractious Kobold
- Fractious Kobold Shaman
- Fractious Kobold Slinger
- Fractious Ogre
- String Table Error
- The Dark Overlord